• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

UFRA

nilbog21 said:
this has to be BS, i was driving around y esterday and none of the stop signs in my neighborhood had stickers on the back :|

It is BS. As long as it is a public road, if there is a sign of some kind on it you need to obey it.

It's private parking lots or roads where you technically don't have to obey the signs.

Commodore

II1Eq.jpg

Melchiah

XENFs.jpg

Baby Trees - In Tana Toraja, Indonesia, when a baby dies, a mother cuts a hole in a tree and places the child inside, sometimes in a coffin or basket. A tree may be used for a few babies and for decades.

Melchiah

^ Haha!

Granger Danger said:
Also fairly disgusting.

I think it's far better way, than to dig a hole in the ground, and put a baby there. I wouldn't be surprised if the Indonesian mothers found that idea disgusting.

_Isaac said:
Reminds me of these:

I can recommend "South Pacific" (Wild Pacific in the US) for these shots in 1080p alone.
(but it's also quite a nice documentary otherwise).

Apparently the first time someone used HD-high-speed-cameras underwater.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Purkake4 said:
The awesome thing is if movie producers wanted to do that today, they'd just CGI the heck out of it and call it a day.

It's nice to see real footage every now and then

bangai-o

Banned
toxicgonzo said:
The awesome thing is if movie producers wanted to do that today, they'd just CGI the heck out of it and call it a day.

It's nice to see real footage every now and then
but if it were cg'd, then there would be an actual explosion... scratch that, first an implosion with the sound of oxygen being funneled through nitrogen tanks followed by massive explosion, and pieces of metal and train track would be flying toward the viewer. bsggghhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwrrrr massive explosion happening

Wark

Granger Danger said:
http://i.imgur.com/Y9bpi.png

That's an awesome idea. It's shocking that they never thought of it before.

CitizenCope said:
I've seen this thread a hundred times and just realized the typo. Now it's annoying me.

I've always knew it was awkward to say, but now I realize why.

Lace

Mountainbythelake.jpg

Picture I took a couple years back, didn't think anything of it until I saw it full screen. It doesn't even come close to capturing what I saw though. I took a wrong turn and came across three feet deep water for miles, couldn't find it again to save my life.

Kinyou

sykoex said:
http://i.imgur.com/cOOyh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, have fun with your heart attack. I rather enjoy my fried butter on a stick

[IMG]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/11/article-0-0D64A14500000578-703_224x300.jpg
article-0-0D64A15D00000578-967_224x300.jpg

article-0-0D64A17200000578-949_468x322.jpg

Top Bottom