• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Kinyou

MNC said:
gustav-gun02.jpg

tumblr_lmyo8cPpKH1qjhiv8.jpg

I'm strangely fascinated by these weapons. They're so awe-some, huge. Something straight out of Metal Slug.
My geography teacher once told me the story about his grandfather seeing one of those things up close. He and his squad greeted the team who operated the canon. When the team said "hey just take a look around if you want, we go for lunch" they happily did so. Little did he and his men know that the team actually wasn't getting lunch but just to a safety distance for firing the cannon (they used a rope to fire it remotely)

When the team came back they were laughing their asses off, though the grandfather and his squad weren't laughing so much, since the loud noise had almost ripped their eardrums. Luckily none of them had a permanent injury.

Venfayth

MetalAlien said:

Okay, what the fuck is going on in this movie. Let me highlight some parts of the plot synopsis on wikipedia:

The alien attacks her and covers her mouth with an appendage and pumps something into her.

In the morning she wakes and the alien is dead. As she goes into the kitchen she suddenly feels sick. Her stomach swells and she dies as she gives birth to a fully grown man – Sam.

Tony finds he can make his wishes reality. His toy clown becomes a dwarf. His toy soldier becomes a life-sized plastic soldier who kills a neighbour with its bayonet.

Meanwhile a toy tank chases Michael around the apartment shooting live ammunition.

She opens the fridge door. The fridge is filled with a green semi-liquid substance. In it are several rubbery eggs. She picks an egg up. It seems to move. Suddenly an appendage bursts out covering her mouth. She falls to the floor with the egg pumping something into her mouth.

Wark

blame space said:

To this day, my trip to the Grand Canyon (and the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas) is my favorite vacation I have ever been on. The whole area just has an incredible atmosphere and as the day passes the colors of the canyon changes. It's probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to and I would love to go there again some day. The next time I go, I want to try the mule tour on the side of the canyon and also the boat trip through the Colorado River.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
ronniehehehaha said:
What are they saying, did the guy die or something?
Nah. Was seriously hurt though. Hospital and stuff. Edit: Last time I heard, it was unsure whether or not he would ever walk again.

MNC said:
gustav-gun02.jpg

tumblr_lmyo8cPpKH1qjhiv8.jpg

I'm strangely fascinated by these weapons. They're so awe-some, huge. Something straight out of Metal Slug.

I actually love you for showing me this. You're damn right - this looks like it's been pulled straight from Metal Slug.

Fuck, I love that series...

zoukka

Stealth Editor said:

On his way down, it sorta looks he hangs in the air for too long.

My guess, the jump is legit and he could do it, but the car and the jump are mixed from different video sources.

I want to believe he's not as stupid to do it for real :)

Cat Party

zoukka said:
On his way down, it sorta looks he hangs in the air for too long.

My guess, the jump is legit and he could do it, but the car and the jump are mixed from different video sources.

I want to believe he's not as stupid to do it for real :)
I see his reflection in the car as it goes under. But I am always very skeptical of "amazing" feats contained in low quality gifs.

Seriously stupid to attempt something like this anyway.

Wark said:
To this day, my trip to the Grand Canyon (and the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas) is my favorite vacation I have ever been on. The whole area just has an incredible atmosphere and as the day passes the colors of the canyon changes. It's probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to and I would love to go there again some day. The next time I go, I want to try the mule tour on the side of the canyon and also the boat trip through the Colorado River.

it definitely brought perspective.. i would love to actually camp there some day.

Kinyou said:
My geography teacher once told me the story about his grandfather seeing one of those things up close. He and his squad greeted the team who operated the canon. When the team said "hey just take a look around if you want, we go for lunch" they happily did so. Little did he and his men know that the team actually wasn't getting lunch but just to a safety distance for firing the cannon (they used a rope to fire it remotely)

When the team came back they were laughing their asses off, though the grandfather and his squad weren't laughing so much, since the loud noise had almost ripped their eardrums. Luckily none of them had a permanent injury.
Hahaha, funny read, thanks for the story. Ah, the good old days, when practitcal jokes actually were life threatning!

Blutonium

PersonaX said:
Yeah, i know it's a .gif, but just look at this shit.

I tried to disprove this, but upon examining frame 49 of this gif, you can clearly see a reflexion of him on the bonnet. Seems very real.

Mik2121

WOAH! What's that? It looks so cool! Straight into my "Inspiration" folder :D (unless this is an actual uniform , which I'm 99% sure isn't, then it goes to the "Reference" folder, lol)

Aguirre

Mik2121 said:
WOAH! What's that? It looks so cool! Straight into my "Inspiration" folder :D (unless this is an actual uniform , which I'm 99% sure isn't, then it goes to the "Reference" folder, lol)
Here's a few more

5XMVF.jpg

4zRmt.jpg

Top Bottom