• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

strafer

Granger Danger said:
2gtGZ.jpg

117wvtxk7n1.gif

TheYanger

Kinyou said:
I wonder how long it will take until someone with a wingsuit tries to jump off K2

I know that's tongue in cheek, but I wonder if the air pressure up there would even be high enough? I mean you can't even reliably fly helicopters that high, I know next to nothing about flight mechanics though. K2 and Everest and all the eight thousanders are really interesting, it sounds absolutely terrifying yet so exhilarating at the same time, but so many lives lost it's absurd.

And just so I'm posting a picture, K2, the mountain that doesn't give a fuck.

ictu0y.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
that mountain is totally not on my bucket list on things to do. looks like suicide.

MrBig said:
If I ever win the lotto, I want a house on an island like that. I'll change my name to master roshi.

soqquatto

MetalAlien said:
I just googled "coolest house ever".

http://nerdcityonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cardine_home_011.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.shelterpop.com/media/2010/10/shell-house-mexico3-590kh10.jpg

I've been there! It's Pierre Cardin's home in Cannes, Microsoft used it to host their X01 show when they lauched the first Xbox. Weirdest and coolest place ever, at the same time.

TheYanger

Bad_Boy said:
that mountain is totally not on my bucket list on things to do. looks like suicide.

Might as well be, from Wikipedia:
As of July 2010, only 302 people have completed the ascent, compared with over 2,700 individuals who have ascended the more popular target of Everest. At least 80 (as of September 2010) people have died attempting the climb.

So..like a 21% chance (at least) of death just for attempting to tame that bad boy.

Another good quote from Fosco Mariani on wikipedia about the name:
" just the bare bones of a name, all rock and ice and storm and abyss. It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars. It has the nakedness of the world before the first man – or of the cindered planet after the last."

That being said, Annapurna still has the highest summit:death ratio, like almost 40% as many deaths as successes.

soqquatto

Sappy113 said:
What and where the hell is that? That's so awesome, I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

island of Loreto, Iseo Lake, northern Italy. the castle you see was built relatively early, beginning of 1900.

Kinyou

TheYanger said:
I know that's tongue in cheek, but I wonder if the air pressure up there would even be high enough? I mean you can't even reliably fly helicopters that high, I know next to nothing about flight mechanics though. K2 and Everest and all the eight thousanders are really interesting, it sounds absolutely terrifying yet so exhilarating at the same time, but so many lives lost it's absurd.
I don't know if it would be possible but the more I think about the statistics... it would probably be less dangerous to jump off the K2 than to climb it down again.

mrplaid said:
Why would you call it kill vehicle? No wonder it got canceled by Obama

Woorloog

Banned
Melchiah said:
http://i.imgur.com/ybDCt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow... living bridges... Thought this only happened in fantasy works but i should've known better. Anything a human can imagine, happens in nature (including anything we do, we are, after all, part of nature) already.

Nickiepoo

Woorloog said:
Wow... living bridges... Thought this only happened in fantasy works but i should've known better. Anything a human can imagine, happens in nature (including anything we do, we are, after all, part of nature) already.

I'm imagining an animal with 15 buttholes.

Qwomo

Woorloog said:
Well those bridges were made by people, just with roots.

Medalion said:
THis is like some sorta meta self-ironic thing isn't it?

Yes we realize models are very skinny, walking skeletons, welp let's put a skeleton over the skeletal girl

Don't make me bring Wolfcastle into this

J-Rzez

MetalAlien said:

These things are a bitch to kill in World of Tanks lol, unless you get behind them or arty wrecks them. Interesting thing about that tank was it was designed to take out bunker fortifications on hillsides. Slow as hell, but massive armor on the front of it.

Top Bottom