• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

jbqDjTAQIrLtC3.jpg

blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/09/20/the-milky-way-from-the-top-of-the-world/

JackEtc

Saw it posted on a part of reddit earlier today, thought it was a very cool picture. Music fans will get a kick out of it.

6XZfF.jpg

Kanye West and Pharrell posing with Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, AKA Daft Punk. You probably won't get the picture if you don't know much about Daft Punk though.

joelseph

JackEtc said:
You probably won't get the picture if you don't know much about Daft Punk though.

I was into what you kids are calling "Daft Punk" back when Thomas was doing live PAs at Even Further in the 90s. :hipster:

Mik2121

Yup, that's an incredible place. But.. what's the picture above it with the 1-12 numbers? At first I thought it was some kind of seriously weird clock, but I don't really think so, so... what is it?

magicstop

Hoya Destroyer said:
Thats such an amazing image. It makes me wonder how much stuff there is down there we dont know about.

http://www.bountyfishing.com/blog/images/deep-sea-glass-squid.jpg
Yeah, it's awe inspiring to be sure. It kind of blows my mind and terrifies me all in one. Thinking of all the people going and playing in the ocean at the beach . . . and it's just a portal. The shallow surface of a yawning, gaping world down below.

Your picture does not comfort me :D Although I agree it's cool as hell to know and imagine what lives down there.

blame space said:

Lots of great pictures here.

magicstop said:
Freakin' awesome. I wonder if that really was unintentional and that they got a nice little easter egg later, or if it was set up. He looks quite amused.

Nothing is framed properly and he's looking right at the camera. He knows that they were trying to stealth-shoot him.

drspeedy said:
Awesome! I will own this!

[looks up price]

Awesome! I will look at this picture and pretend like I own it!

It probably wouldn't be very difficult to make one of these yourself as long as you don't mind a cobbled-together look.

Kinyou

drspeedy said:
Awesome! I will own this!

[looks up price]

Awesome! I will look at this picture and pretend like I own it!
Well as you know,

*puts on sunglasses*

time is money.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
PalaceBrother said:
Nothing is framed properly and he's looking right at the camera. He knows that they were trying to stealth-shoot him.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that guy supposed to be a celebrity?

Kinyou

PalaceBrother said:
?

The person and the painting seem quite in frame for me.
Bisnic said:
Forgive my ignorance, but is that guy supposed to be a celebrity?
Thom Yorke from Radiohead.

magicstop

PalaceBrother said:

It's not the best compositional work I've ever seen, but they certainly framed it well enough for the intention of capturing the artwork in the background. I'm not convinced, but he's hamming it a bit which is kinda hilarious :D

magicstop said:
It's not the best compositional work I've ever seen, but they certainly framed it well enough for the intention of capturing the artwork in the background. I'm not convinced, but he's hamming it a bit which is kinda hilarious :D

The fact he's clearly in motion is hilarious. Maybe he's mid-thumbs up.

Kinyou said:
?

The person and the painting seem quite in frame for me.

Thom Yorke from Radiohead.

Maybe....the look on the girl's face just reeks of "we're trying to get away with something here" though. Either way, it's a funny picture.

Top Bottom