• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Qwomo

Those drawings remind me of

Professor_Calculus.png

SolidusDave said:
neat, at least he was right about speech-to-text, video-chat and podcasts :D
I remember that the image of a school was meant to represent direct intake into the brains of the knowledge of the books, rather than audiobooks. So if that's true, he wasn't right in predicting that one.

Cat Party

The best part of course is the crank-powered machine that appears to be grinding the books up so they can be transmitted.

His imagination was very much on the right course, though. Did he predict helicopters? No, but he predicted flying contraptions that do the things helicopters do now, for an example.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Victoria Falls is also known as the Devil's Pool due to the rocks at the edge of the falls that prevents people from falling over. If you're brave enough to take a dip, go ahead, you won't fall off unless you intentionally jump off. From here, you can see the water cascading down and splashing at the bottom, a marvelous sight.

pvcvT.jpg

cTW6m.jpg

Rh0g9.jpg

pQSzu.jpg

ycx4V.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Richat Structure in Mauritania is a circular feature in the form of a bull's-eye target. It has become a landmark for space shuttle crews because of its weird shape. It was originally thought that a meteor had hit the spot, creating the strange shape, but scientists are now suggesting that the form was created due to erosion.

hPYNH.jpg

oRHfZ.jpg

JpaNd.jpg

Salsa

Donos said:
I would pay money to do that ! You only live once. Time to celebrate your life.

and risk the life of a kid a couple centimeters away from falling through a fucking waterfall.

I read about this waterfall some time ago. It's pretty cool. I think there are stones in the water that block the flow of the water. The water there is just like in a pool and while it looks absolutely fucking crazy, nothing can happen if you don't jump out of that zone.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Cool or creepy, GAF? Or both?

g97En.jpg

hbiU9.jpg

A member of a famous girl band in Japan, AKB48 named Aimi Eguchi, who is also a star of a commercial for a candy company. It turns out she's not 'real' at all but rather 100% digitally constructed by combining the best characteristics of other members of the group: hair of Oshima Yuko, eyes of Maeda Otsuko, eyebrows of Watanabe Mayu, the nose of Itano Tomomi, the mouth of Shinoda Mariko, general outline of Takahashi Minami, and the voice of Sasaki Yukari.

SbMVi.jpg

segasonic

big_z said:
i think the chains are to keep the tunnel from moving with the current.
im not even sure if the tubes would float if they are vacuums. with no air inside it would be like solid metal in water which would sink.
somebody didn't pay attention in physics class...

dejay

Banned
Nappuccino said:
the hard part would be keeping it on time.

Not really. Rip out the guts of a fairly accurate clock (or buy a clock movement from a craft shop) and attach a sprocket to the minute hand spindle. The sprocket now rotates once an hour. Adjust the number of links in the chain so that the ratio of teeth to links is 1:12. The chain now rotates completely once every 12 hours. Cut out some numbers in tin or something and solder them to the back of the chain.

Donos

As you accidentally go plummeting off the side of a water? Okay.

Yeah, no risk no fun. I also like to ride highspeed downhill through singletrails on my mountainbike. I could accidentally make one wrong move and crash into a tree.
I also like bungeejumping but the rope could accidentally fail... and so on.
It's my choice and i don't force other ppl to do it. If you always only think about the risks, how can you enjoy anything?
But better i lock myself into a basement and watch the world through my 15" monitor. Happy life.

SalsaShark said:
and risk the life of a kid a couple centimeters away from falling through a fucking waterfall.

What kid ? My response was related to the guy on the edge with his arms spread out. I don't risk life of others but i don't have a problem to put myself in dangerous situations and i'm not even a hardcore extremesports guy.
Like i said, just one life.
sorry for my english and ot.

UrbanRats

blame space said:
why is the time always on TV in japan

don't those people have clocks
It's a countdown to extintion.

I have a bunch of nice pic on my harddrive, problem is, i don't remember where they're from, so they might be from here (some of them, at least).
Anyway:

iburvDFAF4h8JQ.jpg

Mik2121

blame space said:
why is the time always on TV in japan

don't those people have clocks
It's always there in the mornings and that's it. In Spain is the same and I'd guess pretty much everywhere else.

alphaNoid

Banned
Mik2121 said:
It's always there in the mornings and that's it. In Spain is the same and I'd guess pretty much everywhere else.
Never once seen it in my life, regardless of here in the US or any country I've traveled to.

alphaNoid said:
Never once seen it in my life, regardless of here in the US or any country I've traveled to.
You must not be very perceptive then because almost every morning news show/channel has a clock in the bottom corner of the screen.

DJ88

Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but it nails a feeling I get sometimes that I've never been able to describe.

ijmTCHho75qZe.png

TheYanger

Granger Danger said:
You must not be very perceptive then because almost every morning news show/channel has a clock in the bottom corner of the screen.

Big difference between being part of a newscast's UI and having a clock during sailor moon. The latter doesn't happen.

Top Bottom