• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Ovid

UrbanRats said:
It's a countdown to extintion.

I have a bunch of nice pic on my harddrive, problem is, i don't remember where they're from, so they might be from here (some of them, at least).
Anyway:
GREAT CONTRIBUTION!!!

Wotan131

Neo Member
DJ88 said:
Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but it nails a feeling I get sometimes that I've never been able to describe.

ijmTCHho75qZe.png
I nailed that feeling only completely once when I was stoned and sitting on a bench, on a cloudness night looking at the stars. I suddenly understood and really saw I was sitting on a sphere that pulled me down towards it, with the stars actually striking me as individual other spheres dangling in an endless void very far away. I can recall that evening and get the idea back a bit, but normally I just look at a monolithic thing called "sky".

Cool pic.

akira28

Wotan131 said:
I nailed that feeling only completely once when I was stoned and sitting on a bench, on a cloudness night looking at the stars.

Imagine driving and realize that you're actually driving straight down. Looking through your sunroof is actually looking forward.

Retro

Wotan131 said:
I nailed that feeling only completely once when I was stoned and sitting on a bench, on a cloudness night looking at the stars. I suddenly understood and really saw I was sitting on a sphere that pulled me down towards it, with the stars actually striking me as individual other spheres dangling in an endless void very far away. I can recall that evening and get the idea back a bit, but normally I just look at a monolithic thing called "sky".

Heh, I've had a similar experience when I was younger; I had gone for about 4 days without more than an hour or two of sleep. I was outside pushing carts (my first job) when suddenly I was struck with an odd sensation; the inside of my skull was hollow and the 'sphere' of the world was the reversed surface (so, like a Dyson sphere, with the surface of the world on the inside rather than the out.) of my head. Like the entire planet was just inside my head. And I could feel myself standing on it looking up (well, in my head it would have just been the center of the space).

Okay, that sounds really freaky, but in my defense I was exhausted.

Not quite the same, but it made the planet feel very small and my tiny little point on it even smaller.

G_Berry

Banned
akira28 said:
Imagine driving and realize that you're actually driving straight down. Looking through your sunroof is actually looking forward.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

drspeedy

Jroderton said:
I want to go to there.

Google "Cenotes". They're essentially sink holes that open to reveal underwater rivers. Mexico and the Yucatan is filled with 'em. Not that I've seen a bunch, but the ones around Valladolid Mexico are stunning. Gran Cenote has scuba diving tours like this pic, and Cenote Zaci felt more like you were walking into some lost ancient world...

Laughing Banana said:
Cool or creepy, GAF? Or both?

g97En.jpg

hbiU9.jpg

A member of a famous girl band in Japan, AKB48 named Aimi Eguchi, who is also a star of a commercial for a candy company. It turns out she's not 'real' at all but rather 100% digitally constructed by combining the best characteristics of other members of the group: hair of Oshima Yuko, eyes of Maeda Otsuko, eyebrows of Watanabe Mayu, the nose of Itano Tomomi, the mouth of Shinoda Mariko, general outline of Takahashi Minami, and the voice of Sasaki Yukari.

SbMVi.jpg

whaaa.gif

whoaaa

Wark

opusink said:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/hq-dar-01.jpg

Wow! That's simply amazing. It looks like something straight out of a video game.

I need to know where that is!

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
It's not that cool. But I took this near Broadway & Surf in Chicago yeterday.

gaf.jpg

fanboi said:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297939_266296640071681_126322970735716_877425_940109555_n.jpg[IMG]

Like a boss![/QUOTE]

shop?

contribution:
Malformed tree on the island "El Hierro". Only the constanst winds caused this bizzare growth
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/El_Hierro_Sabinar.JPG

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Medalion said:
Ohhhhh I love that kinda strange natural phenomenon shit

Long years in the Internet perhaps have jaded my thoughts that it appears like this is a sarcastic comment veiling your displeasure towards my posting.

Is this so?

For whatever reason you may be uncomfortable because of it, I apologize then.

Kinyou

Laughing Banana said:
Long years in the Internet perhaps have jaded my thoughts that it appears like this is a sarcastic comment veiling your displeasure towards my posting.

Is this so?

For whatever reason you may be uncomfortable because of it, I apologize then.
I think he genuinely likes it.

Top Bottom