• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

ToxicAdam

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery1.jpg

"In 1936, 16-year-old Ria van Dijk from Tilburg, Holland, fires a gun in a fairground shooting gallery. She hits the target, triggering a camera to take her portrait as a prize.

At the age of 88, Ria van Dijk still makes her annual pilgrimage to the Shooting Gallery.
"

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery2.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery3.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery4.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery5.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery6.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery7.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery8.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery9.jpg

woman_at_the_shooting_gallery10.jpg

Put a smile on my face

From the collection called In Almost Every Picture #7

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Speaking of digital paintings...

click for higher rez

And for those who don't know, the exceptionally talented Andrew Jones was the mastermind who spearheaded the art direction for Metroid Prime. If I recall correctly, when he was younger he was in a serious accident, suffered brain trauma and was thus hospitalised. During his stay he played basically nothing but Metroid, and so felt he had a special connection with the series as it came about during a very important part of his life.

Years later he's making Metroid Prime the gorgeous work of art it is.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
In case you guys don't recognize the work, this guy was the main artist for Metroid Prime.

And for those who don't know, the exceptionally talented Andrew Jones was the mastermind who spearheaded the art direction for Metroid Prime. If I recall correctly, when he was younger he was in a serious accident, suffered brain trauma and was thus hospitalised. During his stay he played basically nothing but Metroid, and so felt he had a special connection with the series as it came about during a very important part of his life.

Years later he's making Metroid Prime the gorgeous work of art it is.
You got beaten, dawg.

Lirlond

Hey man, bivouacking is amazing. Nothing makes you learn your knots more than "If I tie this wrong I will die."

Though to be fair, I've never been up quite so high as that.

The thing that really turns my stomach about bivouacking pictures isn't the perspective. It's that I immediately start to imagine how things will drastically go wrong.

In the above example I can't help but think about them tossing a bottle of water from one "bed" to the other...and someone reaching out to catch it...etc. ugh. Shivers.

Lirlond

Thats why each bed has its own water bottles! There are loads of safety precautions, generally you tie yourself to the bivouac which is tied to the wall, so even if you slip you should be fine. But again, I can't say how a lot of other people do it.

Melchiah

IMF7j.jpg

8Y4FG.jpg

Rabbit by Nathan Sawaya.
7ZkRH.jpg

1ylkK.jpg

hoHQz.jpg

Mo3na.jpg

2JX8B.jpg

6jtAX.jpg

Andrew Krasnow’s Hollow Muscle is a sculpture of a heart made out of human skin. He was inspired by the fact that his father suffered three major heart attacks. As a child in the 1960s, the artist would place his head on his father’s chest that was criss-crossed with scars.

Top Bottom