• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Throavium

TgK3O.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYIXqnm7aU
I saw this picture, looked at it for about 5 seconds, then scrolled down, say a YouTube link, and grinned.

where is that woman, im guessing the states but my sister thinks otherwise, south- africa

I don't remember her name, but I recall she was from the bible belt region, Texas, Alabama or such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Counts

Dorothy Counts (born 1942) was one of the first black students admitted to the Harry Harding High School, in Charlotte, North Carolina. After four days of harassment that threatened her safety, her parents forced her to withdraw from the school.

@ the dubaj picture with the clouds.
I can't possibly be the only one thinking this is the jetsons right?
Now we just need a robotic housemaid and flying cars.

Meadows

Banned
somebody should tell that guy that zombies aren't real, and that he wasted a shit load of money...and his house is ugly as fuck

What am I looking at with the Facebook pics? Are they mockups or genuine pages?

EDIT:

Just checked a few names - genuine cover pages for the Timeline, aren't they?

noah111

Still Alive
Pieces are all the same color. Their proximity to the brightly colored top changes the way they look in relation to one another.
I don't believe.... isn't there a jpg version that works the same way, yet no 3D light interaction?

Nice idea, but that smell of chloride when you're trying to sleep?!
No no, it's pure steaming water from an underground cavern. Seriously, I could never fall asleep like that, anything that contacts the water will wake me up or have me on alert.

Munin

Pieces are all the same color. Their proximity to the brightly colored top changes the way they look in relation to one another.

So shouldn't I be able to hide the bright parts on the top and have them look the same? But that doesn't work. I assume it must be something else.

noah111

Still Alive
To clarify, each diamond has a gradient of color, light at the top and dark at the bottom. This adds to the effect. The half rows are unique colors.
If each row is indeed a different color, that makes even less sense in explaining the single diamond being all those colors... first time i've seen an IRL version of that illusion, which is interesting.

Just checked a few names - genuine cover pages for the Timeline, aren't they?
Yeah, just clever little things to make it look better (some of those examples are really awesome actually). Here's mine for example;

Vl8tc.png

Top Bottom