• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
mSegyit.gif

E9mCOrQ.jpg

Anustart

Made it to the playoffs in a playthrough of Tecmo Bowl once...and was greeted with this:

IMG00001-20090808-2212.jpg

Should be noted that it was also the same on the nfc side, 4 Bills were over there too. I simulated the playoffs just to see what would happen, and the super bowl ended up being Bills vs Bills.

yeah, kinda.

I mean, unless you're trying to say girls don't fantasize about being barbie.
or maybe you just didn't read the part of the comic where she explains why it was a false equivalence.

The comic has a few issues, like trying to make the assumption that everyone is attracted to the same thing, or that that maters. Beyond that though it works as a poor response to the other image quoted. There may be a case to made about how women in comics are oversexualised in an attempt to appeal to a certain demographic, but the image quoted was using two toys, one marketed to girls and one to boys, each super exaggerating the genders in question. What makes it okay for toys for boys to represent a unrealistic, unhealthy, and unfair standard for them to aspire to, even if it is "power fantasy"?

So yeah, while the comic may make a fair point that I disagree with (thus the other picture I had on hand for when I see it posted), it's use as a response to the other image is indeed a "false equivalence".

Funny pictures tho

PZHx6Ly.gif

dpkSvyr.jpg

KgMDMvc.jpg

D5yVqYz.jpg

0afnKW9.jpg

How did he tape babies to his back?

G.O.O.

Fine, I'll bite. Barbie is a character with realistic interactions with the real, modern world while he-man is 100% fantasy. An equivalent would be the flawed/quirky but lovable and handsome (possibly rich) male protagonist of many romantic comedies.

tumblr_mwxdbyEXME1qe0wclo1_500.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Fine, I'll bite. Barbie is a character with realistic interactions with the real, modern world while he-man is 100% fantasy. An equivalent would be the flawed/quirky but lovable and handsome (possibly rich) male protagonist of many romantic comedies.[/IMG]

I seriously doubt seven year olds are considering the context of the dolls they play with that deeply. And I've never heard of little kids playing with Hugh Grant and Paul Rudd action figures so your romantic comedy point doesn't make much sense.

G.O.O.

I seriously doubt seven year olds are considering the context of the dolls they play with that deeply. And I've never heard of little kids playing with Hugh Grant and Paul Rudd action figures so your romantic comedy point doesn't make much sense.
Well, my point is that these action figures don't exist. Girls have dolls that look like things they could aspire to be, boys don't (at least after they realize that skeletor isn't that much of a threat, anyway).

tumblr_mwz8n9837V1r539hzo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom