• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT6| r u havin a giggle ther m8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

coral has evolved

g9lZbOk.gif
No m8

InsanezX2

I've seen a few of these and I don't understand how the iris is so much bigger with the 'makeup on' pics. Its such a big part of this, but I don't get it.

Are they just holding their eyes open as much as possible?

This is a bad place to ask cuz I'm sure to get a bunch of joke answers, but for real, what the fuck is up with that? /seinfeld

Tops.

Circle lenses.
Ri1cJbl.jpg

And here's the video those two pics are from. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mu_betPexI

DgdTPIh.jpg

CTLance

Holy shit, I want a pet fox.
You can. 8k$ for a honest-to-god domesticated fox, but if you can handle them, you can also get tamed foxes for below 1k. Bit more risky since they're still wild animals, only trained, as opposed to their bred-for-canine-behaviour pals.

There's actually a pretty concentrated effort in breeding domesticated pet foxes in Siberia. It started out as research on domestication around 1960, but government funds dried up when the UdSSR fell apart, so now they're selling them all over the world to fund their research. It's pretty astounding stuff, really.

The result of a mere 50 or so years of artificial selection

Neat little popsci.com article on this

The study found that though they were selectively breeding only for behavior, they began seeing new common physical traits. The animals developed different coat patterns, floppier ears, tails that curled over their backs--totally unknown in wild foxes. When we tried to breed a fox that would act more like a dog, we ended up with a fox that looked more like a dog.
Pretty damn amazing if you ask me. Also incredibly fast, I mean, come on, what are 50 years in the grand scale of things.

ABC report (2013)

Another vid of another fox

And another pic of another fox:

For good measure

Obligatory: Wiki

We now return to our scheduled reposts. Thank you for your patience.

PSA: You will never be this happy (ignore caption):
45U3Qbj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom