• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT7| Dank Mr Skeltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
rxyfcFe.gif

As someone who only knows basic stuff about baseball, I have no idea what's happening there. Anybody care to explain please ?

It's a routine pick-off play at 1st base. The pitcher throws over to try and catch the runner off the base. But in this case:

- Pitcher throws over
- Runner slides back to the base
- 1st baseman catches the ball but fakes the throw back to the pitcher
- Runner doesn't see the fake, assumes the ball got thrown back to the pitcher as happens routinely
- Runner pops up to dust himself off and steps off the base because he believes the pitcher has the ball
- 1st basemen reaches over and tags the runner
- Runner's out T_T

Alx

Thanks. I hadn't even noticed he faked throwing back the ball. I didn't know there was a tag part in baseball either. :p

BIGWORM

It's a routine pick-off play at 1st base. The pitcher throws over to try and catch the runner off the base. But in this case:

- Pitcher throws over
- Runner slides back to the base
- 1st baseman catches the ball but fakes the throw back to the pitcher
- Runner doesn't see the fake, assumes the ball got thrown back to the pitcher as happens routinely
- Runner pops up to dust himself off and steps off the base because he believes the pitcher has the ball
- 1st basemen reaches over and tags the runner
- Runner's out T_T

LOL, did they count that as an error?

Palmer_v1

Übermatik;163936132 said:

How do you even call that as the ump? I assume he was trying to throw someone out at third. Not sure if that's the batter's fault for not moving out of the way, or the catcher for a horrible throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom