• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

8-10 hours for 44 fruits?

How can be possible than somebody told one page ago that the 100% would round the 25 hours?

:_(

I might be mis-remebering my actual playtime. I just went to the Wii U and checked total playtime for the last two days: Today I played for 6 hours and 47 minutes, and yesterday I played for 3 hours and 27 minutes.

(worth a note, today I had it idle at the menu and pause menu for about 90 minutes)

As mentioned: People play at different speeds, and in the end: The game is really fun and the time spent is absolutely great and worth it. So if the campaign is only X amount of hours, if they are fun then thats better then having sluggish or stretched sections like Pikmin 2 had. People really need to stop putting so much focus on "how long is it" but rather "is the hours worth my time investment"

Is the game easy or is it difficult in places?

As with the previous games, at least for me. The difficulty comes from the length of the day, and how much you can accomplish or finish accomplishing your current task. Being able to juggle between the three characters, making good use of their automation functionality (take control of a character and use the touchscreen to say "Go Here" while you play as another character) is key to getting things done effectively.

In terms of strategic difficulty, no not really. Roll up with a 100 Pikmins, use the boost-juice and you can take dow a boss pretty fast if you play it right.

Personally it didn't feel harder or easier then the previous games.

D-e-f-

Banned
amazon just packed my order, ready to be shipped. Time for the dance of joy

i95MSHVESlbUW.gif

That is not the dance of joy.

THIS is the dance of joy:

nq1uvmocaic.gif

I love nintendo but after such a long wait, made worse by the wii u drought of software.
A first party game with so many features clearly missing is slight disappointment to me,
I was hoping they would have polished this game to near perfection but they left out or cut so many great features....what gives....
No piklopedia (this is the worst of them all, what a missed opportunity to gain new fans to the series)
No camera adjustment options, such as zooming/overhead
No co-op, No online battles
and to make matters worse the story is clearly set up for dlc starring everyone's favorite hocotations, this should have been end game content.

D-e-f-

Banned
I love nintendo but after such a long wait, made worse by the wii u drought of software.
A first party game with so many features clearly missing is slight disappointment to me,
I was hoping they would have polished this game to near perfection but they left out or cut so many great features....what gives....
No piklopedia (this is the worst of them all, what a missed opportunity to gain new fans to the series)
No camera adjustment options, such as zooming/overhead
No co-op, No online battles
and to make matters worse the story is clearly set up for dlc starring everyone's favorite hocotations, this should have been end game content.

How do people keep saying there is no co-op when there is co-op in the game lol.

D-e-f-

Banned
About how many mission mode missions are there? DLC sounds awesome but I hope there's no shortage at launch.

15 (16 according to a poster earlier in this thread)
playable solo and co-op
and then there's bingo battle with 12(?) stages with 3 variations for each.

(dat lack of content...)

How do people keep saying there is no co-op when there is co-op in the game lol.

i meant that there is no co-op for story mode,
something that the game is perfectly suited for.
having 10 minute co-op challenges is great don't get me wrong, but i'd like to have the option for story mode aswell.

Jofamo

I love this image Nintendo just posted to their Twitter.

BP4Do7TCMAI1zNN.png:large

It gives such a great sense of scale to the Pikmin world that is sometimes lost in all the action. Some of my favourite parts of the first two games are coming across things like curbs and manhole covers, or the dream dens in the second game.

And that is not a storymode map. The storemode maps are much bigger. Also, all the pods are combined into one. So that all colors are from the same pod. Handy indeed.

Edit: I guess its easy to spot that its a battle map, but still. Wanted to hype you guys up for the large storymode maps :)

The Lamp

I love this image Nintendo just posted to their Twitter.

BP4Do7TCMAI1zNN.png:large

It gives such a great sense of scale to the Pikmin world that is sometimes lost in all the action. Some of my favourite parts of the first two games are coming across things like curbs and manhole covers, or the dream dens in the second game.

Ewww what's with the totally abrupt circular blur around the edges like in the bottom right with the grass >_>

D-e-f-

Banned
i meant that there is no co-op for story mode,
something that the game is perfectly suited for.
having 10 minute co-op challenges is great don't get me wrong, but i'd like to have the option for story mode aswell.

As discussed earlier, the game is specifically not perfectly suited for that. The campaign is designed for a single player to manage between three captains and coordinate them according to the parameters of the mission. You can't just turn up the enemy HP like in Diablo if more human players join in, you have to rebalance the strategy aspect of the entire game.

That's why there's the challenge mode.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
my copy is shipped, hopefully I'll get it by tomorrow!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaw yes

Ooh i would love DLC in pikmin. DLC is honestly perfect for so many nintendo games allowing them to sell basically new games without having to release pikmin 4 or 5 until they have a compelling reason.

Shahadan

IT'S WORKING ! Awesome ! I've checked regurlarly game.co.uk hoping they would put the codes early, and forgot tonight and went to bed. Couldn't sleep for some reason. Now I know !

Hurray ! Thanks a lot CrunchinJelly, I couldn't wait anymore :lol:

Now to wait 5 hours or something for this damn console to download anything.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Couple photos of the manual I saw on twitter

4ax2.png

Ah that explains why Miyamoto tried to demo the charge attack once and dismissed his Pikmin instead. Both mapped to nunchuck shake, you just gotta be locked on to charge.

Interesting to have confirmation here too, which I suspected, that there's only the red berry spray. Purple nixed. Which is probably fair, that spray was totally overpowered. Kinda hard to reach on d-pad up, tho. Seems like they shoulda put it on down, since that's a multiplayer-only item, and using that spray and using an item seem similar. Oh well.

Gonna have to bail out on this thread soon though, friggin Europe!

MegalonJJ

Banned
Awesome! Cheers for the info.

Going to start the download soon. (My Wii U downloads are pretty fast, same as 360 for me, so this shouldn't take too long and at 3am I doubt the servers will be busy :))

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hang on, I'm about to enter the code, but I just remembered that the 30% off W101 only begins from 26 July....

...If we download Pikmin 3 now, technically we're exempt from that offer right?

oatmeal

Banned
Gonna play some NITNENDOLAND Pikmin with my wife tonight.

Played P2 on the GC today and was loving it.

COME TO ME AUGUST.

zroid

Banned
Hang on, I'm about to enter the code, but I just remembered that the 30% off W101 only begins from 26 July....

Based on how these bundle discounts work, it's highly unlikely you'll be ineligible, but possible I guess

Shahadan

That would be expceptionally shitty, but I thought about that as well :lol:

Then again I suppose servers will just check/recognize your digital purchase when W101 is available since it's that game that is really the object of the promotion.

I'm also curious to see what price the Premium Discount will take in account. If it's 49,99€ then it's win win for me

MegalonJJ

Banned
Screw it, going to download it anyway lol.

If I don't get the W101 deal, I'll just complain to Nintendo and blame Game for sending me the code early.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Are you in the UK? I'm going to start the download shortly (just waiting for my puppy to wake for his early morning business trip), but gonna hit the sack once I've started it and play when I wake.

Top Bottom