• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the European version the same everywhere? In Finland at the moment and if gamestop here has it I might pick it up but needs to have English language.

Hm the eShop offer with 30% of on W101 when buying Pikmin 3 online is a serious temptation ...

I am very curious about the eShop sales of Pikmin3 could somewhat crumble the retail sales.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My girlfriend is already home and downloading the game. I will have a brand new Pikmin 3 when I will be home. I guess she will be the first to play it anyhow ...
Now why am I at work today again ?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Swapping to the map, offering the option to command your character to go somewhere is on d-pad down. This is a lot more important than the sprays imo.

Oh, interesting. That wasn't noted on the control schematic. But so how does that work, is it basically the GamePad functionality, but on the TV? Pull up map, point to someplace to send squad there? I didn't know that was an option on the TV.

NotLiquid

This game is wonderful. It's such a feel-good game, and it's got a lot of cool micro-management and puzzles to it too. They definitely feel like they did a great job here.

Just like all the phenomenal artwork made for it, it's so charming and full of life. With this being my first Pikmin game, I have to say it has easily drawn me in. It's the best game the Wii U has right now and is easily worth it.

plank

In the previous games, there was a command that let you directly control the Pikmin under your command. (C-Stick on the GC and DPad-down on the Wii) That way, you could give a group orders to transport stuff or break walls without having to throw them all one after another. When you used the command, you could hear a trumpet.
In Pikmin 3, you can only lock on to something and send all Pikmin under your command towards that goal.
I used swarming extensively and hope that I won't miss it too much in Pikmin 3

I don't get it isn't that the same thing? I mean don't get the difference can you clarify a little more?

Tom_Cody

I don't get it isn't that the same thing? I mean don't get the difference can you clarify a little more?
Not really. This was the same dig made against the 'New Play Control' Wii Pikmin games vs. the Gamecube originals. Using the C-Stick one could control the Pikmin as a swarm and run them into things. The implementation was kind of clunky but it was useful. The oringial mechanic made sense for the Gamecube controller but the Wii remote / nunchuk combo doesn't have a 2nd stick (though the Wii gamepad does). I take the remove of that mechanic as further evidence that the Wii remote / nunchuk combo is the correct control method.

zroid

Banned
I have to say, this is definitely the first non-handheld game of the year which I'm REALLY excited about.

Ended up loving Metal Gear Rising, but I wasn't that hyped going in. 2013DS is no joke. Just been buying game after game on 3DS and adoring them all.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
^^ I got it from a Norwegian on-line electronics retailer.

the one shitty thing about getting the game early is that there is no affiliated community to post screenshots in yet(?) :( (first world problems)

Day 4 - this thing is a blast!
TadkV.gif

Just picked up a Pro Controller so I can get stuck in to this bad boy later on tonight.

why? wiimote+nunchuck = win for this game

No, with the original swarming, you could "touch" an object and like 5 Pikmin would then pick it up, but the others are still in your control. For example, when you have several dead enemies, you could swarm them around them and some pikmin would start to work, but the rest would be still in your command. Also, you could command them around corners or behind walls.
In P3, you deselect all of them when you use the all-in-attack on one single object.
But maybe the lock-on will make up for it.

LAA

Gutted about Game selling Pikmin 3 download codes today...
Espicially if it does count toward the TW101 deal.
Tried to cancel ShopTo order straight away, but too late, already in processing.
Well, its good that I will at least be getting it tomorrow, hopefully it'll be better in the long run.

Dont suppose anyone who got Pikmin 3 via a Game download code can check whether it shows up in their Nintendo Premium account on the premium website?
Buying Pikmin 3 towards the £5 voucher was a tempting reason at the time, would like to know if it would actually count?

Thanks

The_Lump

Banned
Just arrived through the post. I....don't think I've ever been this excited about a game before?!

Edit: Dat box art. Wow.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Dont suppose anyone who got Pikmin 3 via a Game download code can check whether it shows up in their Nintendo Premium account on the premium website?
Buying Pikmin 3 towards the £5 voucher was a tempting reason at the time, would like to know if it would actually count?

Thanks
Just checked, it doesn't appear (I'll look again tomorrow to see if it's still the case, could still be the server refresh was not done).

The_Lump

Banned
Played the first day :D Amazing. Reminded me just why I missed Pikmin so much:)

Miiverse doesn't seem to be up for EU though? (or at least I can't post to it yet?)

Shahadan

Played the first day :D Amazing. Reminded me just why I missed Pikmin so much:)

Miiverse doesn't seem to be up for EU though? (or at least I can't post to it yet?)

Nope. Technically we're not even supposed to be playing it yet.
That said they should consider allowing game communities a bit early.

I'm on my 12th day right know and I'm having a blast. Usually at this point in pikmin 1 and 2 I'm already considering a break and pesting about things, but not this time.
And seeing the juice flowing makes me thirsty. Now I know why they released it durong summer!

NotLiquid

Yeah, I've tried posting photos to Miiverse but I always get an error. Seems like it doesn't go up yet until the game's release date. Kind of sucks since there's a lot of awesome images I want to share.

Shahadan

Let's post a picture of the final boss on Miiverse on the first day of release!

I can see this situation being problematic for some games. Then agin those are not on Wii U anyway

ASIS

My god. To anyone who has the game, you can only do one of the following:

1. Post impressions.

2. Post music

3. Give me the game instead.

I don't accept anything less.

Gutted about Game selling Pikmin 3 download codes today...
Espicially if it does count toward the TW101 deal.
Tried to cancel ShopTo order straight away, but too late, already in processing.
Well, its good that I will at least be getting it tomorrow, hopefully it'll be better in the long run.

Thanks
Can take up to 24h for it to show up. I will check though.

Social

You can view the code on the website once your order is complete. I don't know if you can still check once you have closed the page however.

very odd as I looked for it but could not see it after my order was completed but it still says it is "UNSHIPPED" and I did not get a paypal confirmation so something must be up right?

NotLiquid

Wow at the fire effects in this game. They look gorgeous. I assume it's pre-rendered tricks like these which is what stuff like Deep Down seem to be using.

LAA

Can take up to 24h for it to show up. I will check though.

Thanks, good for you too I guess if you're keen on getting TW101 digitally too.
Unless nintendo will still be picky if you didnt get on eshop or it had to be bought on launch or whatever bad reasons they can come up with.
Bad move for them though if they annoy what little Wii U owners they have atm.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
very odd as I looked for it but could not see it after my order was completed but it still says it is "UNSHIPPED" and I did not get a paypal confirmation so something must be up right?

I would say you choose the retail game rather than the download.

So you are telling me...

- as a german,

- i can buy a download ticket for pikmin 3 here: http://www.game.co.uk/en/pikmin-3-173009

- paying only 39 Euros

- using paypal

- playing the game TODAY! NOW!

- and even getting access to the TW101 deal?

Really?

Well, me living in Austria I could do exactly that!

And god damn, this game is so gorgeous and fun! Great game! I am playing now together with my girlfriend each playing one day at a time. I have a big smile on my face while I am writing this.

Day 1 broken in Italy.

This game is incredibly charming. The slow start feels good to me. I've already restarted third day though, thinking I was being too slow. I was wrong lol... you should go slow

Well, me living in Austria I could do exactly that!

And god damn, this game is so gorgeous and fun! Great game! I am playing now together with my girlfriend each playing one day at a time. I have a big smile on my face while I am writing this.

You just made me pay 40 bucks.

Top Bottom