• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

Corto

sTJel.png

Oh My Glob, what do I do?

You need to increase the pledge or else you won't get the 250$ reward. ;)

same here, I think I'll stick with $20

they claim you need to have made a minimum donation of $25 in order to add-on anything though?

edit: oh nvm that's what it said on the game site when I was looking at it but on the Kickstarter page it says minimum of $20

I'm pretty sure that means you just need to be the recipient of the minimum reward tier, so 20 rather than 25 if you got in on that. In fact, I'm damn near positive that is the case. So just raise your pledge to 40, and answer expansion pack when the survey comes out.

Patryn

Upped my pledge to $140 $155.

Want the digital campaign book.

Look to be just shy of $4 million on KS alone.

That's crazy. Never thought it'd go that high a couple days ago.

Atrophis

Managed to get one of the $20 pledges. I'm not even into this Kickstarter business damn it! Never done it before and I suck at these types of RPG's even though I own a few but...eh what the heck, its hardly breaking the bank.

graywolf323

I'm pretty sure that means you just need to be the recipient of the minimum reward tier, so 20 rather than 25 if you got in on that. In fact, I'm damn near positive that is the case. So just raise your pledge to 40, and answer expansion pack when the survey comes out.

it's tempting but I'm rather hesitant about doubling the amount of money for something that I probably won't get until 2 years from now

mostly since my job situation at the moment is rather precarious

Zeliard

I pledged $140. Was thinking of throwing another 20 for the expansion but I imagine it will be relatively cheap when it does eventually come out.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Managed to get one of the $20 pledges. I'm not even into this Kickstarter business damn it! Never done it before and I suck at these types of RPG's even though I own a few but...eh what the heck, its hardly breaking the bank.
Oh nice snag there. Its not only a game but a part of gaming history, imo.

I pledged $140. Was thinking of throwing another 20 for the expansion but I imagine it will be relatively cheap when it does eventually come out.
i would have gone with the expansion but i want the physical version.

Stage On

it's tempting but I'm rather hesitant about doubling the amount of money for something that I probably won't get until 2 years from now

mostly since my job situation at the moment is rather precarious

I'm in the same boat as you.

The expansion will likely be $20 anyhow so I don't feel bad waiting until it comes out to buy it

~Kinggi~

Banned
This kickstarter was planned very well. That 4 mil stretch is genius cause it essentially equates to nothing. Basically Avalon playing Arcanum. There's no way to verify they enhanced anything from what it was going to be.

What it did do though is have buffer money which means after failed charges and taxes that they will be closer to having 3.5 mil just for the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I know I'm gonna get the expansion anyways, so I'm going for the Obs shirt, since it might be my only chance to get me one.

Same here. I was just going to stick with my $77 pledge ($50 tier plus expansion and strategy guide) but stuff like the expansion will be available post release while the other extra stuff like the Collector's Edition likely won't.

And buying the expansion post release at a slightly higher price will give Obsidian more money.

Clott

Right, I pledged 80, but I honestly I don't mind paying for the expansion when it does come out.

Chinner

Banned
okay so i backed this. i dont have much moeny so did the $25 one but it looks cool and getting a free game in2 years time will be prety cool so yeah

Arcoril

I confess. I pirated Planescape: Torment a decade ago. I was young and poor. It ended up becoming the greatest gaming experience of my life and I needed to right this wrong.

5Rlzl.jpg

Oh god. What have I done?

Zeliard

This kickstarter was planned very well. That 4 mil stretch is genius cause it essentially equates to nothing. Basically Avalon playing Arcanum. There's no way to verify they enhanced anything from what it was going to be.

What it did do though is have buffer money which means after failed charges and taxes that they will be closer to having 3.5 mil just for the game.

The live instrumentation and in-game developer commentaries are fantastic and definitely non-trivial additions. It isn't something that will cost them 500k but the purpose of the stretch goals isn't to cover the costs in a precise fashion, anyway.

Top Bottom