• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

zkylon

zkylewd
I just checked, I got two emails saying that "You Have Authorized a Payment to Double Bear, Kickstarter" from the Dead State KS, and I only got charged once even though I upped my pledge, so I'm sure it'll be ok.

FACE

Banned
4 million!

1348002085422f1xewp4ks7.gif

Digoman

The feed is getting slightly creepy now.

Stopped reading the comments hours ago when someone suggested green shirt girl should be a romanceable NPC...

I have changed it multiple times, and I have 4 active authorizations. If Amazon doesn't get it right this will be an epic clusterfuck.

I just checked my history for a previous kickstarter that I changed my pledge, and it appears that it was the same way. Two authorizations, and I think the previous one wasn't canceled because both say "expired" now.

$4m.... wow. I wasn't sure we even get to the $3.5m goal. No way this is going to meet the Apr/2014 deadline now, but I'm not complaining. The game promises to have everything I wanted and more.

DaBuddaDa

Yeah, I find the stream to be really uncomfortable and I wish they would stop giving attention to and placating the creepers in the chat.

PaulLFC

I have changed it multiple times, and I have 4 active authorizations. If Amazon doesn't get it right this will be an epic clusterfuck.
Definitely, I'm sure they will though, seems it's happened to a lot of us so I guess it's just the way Amazon/Kickstarter must do things.

That's what *should* happen. That said, I don't think I've paid customs duty on anything through Kickstarter thus far; many such items have been marked as 'Gift', which is strictly what they are, and those have different customs rules to non-gifts.

That said, I've not actually recieved anything *very* expensive yet, though, and the other aspect of charging through customs means that the original sender has to declare the value. The most expensive reward I've recieved for now has been two copies of Diamond Trust of London, which were valued on the customs form as $10.

(I've been in two minds about what the correct thing with customs should be with Kickstarter, anyway. There's an important distinction between "Purchasing something that costs £x" and "Getting something as a free gift for donating £x" - not least because these items aren't *really* worth what we're paying for them, so it would be wrong to charge customs on the actual amount pledged)
Thanks for the info! I might pledge for a physical copy once they get the backer site up and running then. Customs seems quite confusing as to what the charges are, whether you'll actually get charged for an item, and so on. I was thinking of ordering the AC3 UbiWorkshop edition when I get paid which is $99, I'm assuming that would be subject to customs though as it's an actual sale rather than a pledge, and Ubi make a big point of saying on the site that you're liable for customs charges from orders.

Madouu

Now now, that's the level of the twitch.tv comments on every other stream. I don't even know if a moderator would help. Anyway, it's a small sacrifice to pay for increased visibility.

I am extremely happy that this hit $4 million. Party time!

Top Bottom