• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

PaulLFC

Has anyone else who increased their pledge from the initial amount got two "Active" payment requests on Amazon? Is that normal? Don't know whether to cancel the original one and just leave the second (which is my full, adjusted pledge amount) or whether that will affect things :/

~Kinggi~

Banned
That's a relief. Confident in my pledge now!

I was watching a stream and the project manager was on commenting on how gorgeous and how many of the Icewind portraits there are. Someone asked him if PE would have the same and he said yes they want to have pretty portraits just like these games. So hopefully that doesnt change.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Well, I'll hold my breath and go through with my original $3k pledge. I just hope the portraits are memorable (and not like the concept art, which would be a huge disappointment). Icewind Dale 2, for example, had really iconic and memorable portraits.

Buy the other Inn :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh, I'd love for them to use the same artist. Icewind Dale 1 and 2 had the best portraits of the IE games.

After leaving Black Isle, Jason Manley went on to found (and still run) Massive Black, conceptart.org, and The Art Department, so I think his fee might be a bit outside of the scope of this project. :p

Hargenx

iKeOYXzQJ2R1d.gif

ObsidianTEAM.gif

Clott

After leaving Black Isle, Jason Manley went on to found (and still run) Massive Black, conceptart.org, and The Art Department, so I think his fee might be a bit outside of the scope of this project. :p

Maybe he gives them a good deal, for the sake of the good ol days.

Probably not, but you never know!

dude

dude

Oh well :(
Hope they find someone as good.

PaulLFC

I see this on Amazon:

This Payment Authorization allows Kickstarter, Inc. to charge you multiple times automatically for your purchase on http://www.kickstarter.com.

Authorization Status: Active
Pay: Kickstarter, Inc., Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.
Authorization ID: XXXXXXX
Created on: Oct 12, 2012
Expires on: Jan 14, 2013
Payment Limits: Maximum $25.00 total

---

Created on: Oct 16, 2012
Payment Limits: Maximum $27.00 total

Should I cancel the $25 one? Don't know if I'll get charged twice if I leave it, don't know why it's worked out like that, I just adjusted my pledge :/

I was hoping they'd mention Justin Sweet was on the project but nothing on that front either.

dude

dude
I see this on Amazon:

This Payment Authorization allows Kickstarter, Inc. to charge you multiple times automatically for your purchase on http://www.kickstarter.com.

---

Should I cancel the $25 one? Don't know if I'll get charged twice if I leave it, don't know why it's worked out like that, I just adjusted my pledge :/

I think you need to authorize them both...

Gunharp

I told myself to scale back because I have given quite a bit to other projects, was not planning on pledging big amount.

Then Obsidian released that environment screenshot and boy do I want to point and click a party around that world. Gave my 140$ happily today.

rakhir

I've just added that 20 bucks for the expansion, for the hell of it.

Just don't fuck this game up, Obsidian! I count on you!

dude

dude
Ah okay, so even though both would be authorized, I'd only get charged $27 rather than $52? That makes a bit more sense now.

I think, I have no idea how that works :X
If you don't want to take the chance authorize just the 27$ pledge, and then keep a watch for your inbox to see if Amazon has any problem with your pledge.

Sielys

Wow, wasn't sure it would make it to 4 million. 3rd most funded Kickstarter now, behind Pebble and Ouya.

Man, I'm really excited for a game that won't come out for 2+ years.

PaulLFC

I think, I have no idea how that works :X
Me neither to be honest. I guess I'll just contact Kickstarter if they take more than the pledge amount, which I can't see happening considering it's set at $27 on the site itself.

If anyone else who pledged then upped their pledge amount later on could check Amazon to see if you see two payments too, I'd appreciate it.

Well, I'll hold my breath and go through with my original $3k pledge. I just hope the portraits are memorable (and not like the concept art, which would be a huge disappointment). Icewind Dale 2, for example, had really iconic and memorable portraits.

What is this in response, too? Something on the stream? Or just general? I thought they said they were planning on doing portraits, and painted ones. Doesn't mean they will be good, see Icewind Dale versus the melty faced ones in BGII.

I see this on Amazon:

---

Did you use 2 different credit cards?

Bumped my pledge by 28.

20 for the physical cd soundtrack (absurdly the same price as the expansion, but obviously it isn't a 1:1 transaction, donating to the production more than anything), and 8 for the Obsidian Order! Although I have no idea what that actually is other than apparently a title on the Obsidian Boards? Lol. I'm officially out, though. If the grab bags hadn't sold out in 1 minute I might have jumped on that.

I see this on Amazon:

---

Hmmm... I just checked my Amazon account since I ended up changing my pledge 3 times and it shows 3 "active" authorizations, similar to how you have 2.

I'm probably just going to leave it for now. I think I changed my pledge for the Wasteland Kickstarter and I was charged the right amount there without doing anything in my Amazon account.

PaulLFC

Bumped my pledge by 28.

20 for the physical cd soundtrack (absurdly the same price as the expansion, but obviously it isn't a 1:1 transaction, donating to the production more than anything), and 8 for the Obsidian Order! Although I have no idea what that actually is other than apparently a title on the Obsidian Boards? Lol. I'm officially out, though. If the grab bags hadn't sold out in 1 minute I might have jumped on that.
Could you see if you have two payments on Amazon now you've increased your pledge? Thanks :)

Edit: Just seen Jibbajabbawockky's post above so don't worry about this request now.

PaulLFC

Hmmm... I just checked my Amazon account since I ended up changing my pledge 3 times and it shows 3 "active" authorizations, similar to how you have 2.

I'm probably just going to leave it for now. I think I changed my pledge for the Wasteland Kickstarter and I was charged the right amount there without doing anything in my Amazon account.
Thanks, it seems that must just be what happens when pledges are changed then. Looking through emails for other projects I've backed, Amazon emails to say how much has been transferred, so if the amount's wrong, it should be easy to dispute. Seems like it'll be alright though. Thanks for the info :)

Could you see if you have two payments on Amazon now you've increased your pledge? Thanks :)

Edit: Just seen Jibbajabbawockky's post above so don't worry about this request now.

I have changed it multiple times, and I have 4 active authorizations. If Amazon doesn't get it right this will be an epic clusterfuck.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Damnit I caved. I'm practically broke but I put down 50$. I was gonna go for 35, but the goddamn in-game pet and almanac were too enticing.

mclem

Have any UK Gaffers pledged for physical tiers in past Kickstarters? Do we know how customs are handled? If I upgraded my pledge to a physical tier would I just get a letter through the post when the game is eventually delivered telling me what extra charges I owe?
That's what *should* happen. That said, I don't think I've paid customs duty on anything through Kickstarter thus far; many such items have been marked as 'Gift', which is strictly what they are, and those have different customs rules to non-gifts.

That said, I've not actually recieved anything *very* expensive yet, though, and the other aspect of charging through customs means that the original sender has to declare the value. The most expensive reward I've recieved for now has been two copies of Diamond Trust of London, which were valued on the customs form as $10.

(I've been in two minds about what the correct thing with customs should be with Kickstarter, anyway. There's an important distinction between "Purchasing something that costs £x" and "Getting something as a free gift for donating £x" - not least because these items aren't *really* worth what we're paying for them, so it would be wrong to charge customs on the actual amount pledged)

Top Bottom