• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

Varna

Been avoiding reading all the updates since I want to be really taken by surprise with this game... I just need one question answered.

Are we going to get a city as awesome as Athkatla?

injurai

Banned
Been avoiding reading all the updates since I want to be really taken by surprise with this game... I just need one question answered.

Are we going to get a city as awesome as Athkatla?

I believe we are getting 2. As is decreed by the 3.5mil stretch goal.

ksan

I guess it's best to add the $20 for the expansions right away?
Haven't read up on the last updates, but should there be any reason not to?

pa22word

Fuuuuck yes at that box art.

box-sample-224x316.jpg

Not really getting the lavish amounts of praise here guys. Too much dead space in the box, and if they centered the logo it'd look a lot better. Another thing is I don't know why people are posting the BG2 boxart in comparison as it looks so much better.

The BG2 box works specifically because it has a logo in the middle of it to fill it out. The logo just sitting up there by itself in the PE placeholder just looks awkward...which is okay as it looks like what it is: a placeholder thrown together in 5 mins on photoshop.

Glad it's just a placeholder, tbqh.

Patryn

Not really getting the lavish amounts of praise here guys. Too much dead space in the box, and if they centered the logo it'd look a lot better. Another thing is I don't know why people are posting the BG2 boxart in comparison as it looks so much better.

The BG2 box works specifically because it has a logo in the middle of it to fill it out. The logo just sitting up there by itself in the PE placeholder just looks awkward.

Honestly, one of the most aesthetically appealing parts of it for me is that it's not centered. I think I wouldn't like it nearly as much centered.

pa22word

EDIT: Wow I'm being a real asshole tonight o_x

I'll uh, post more about this after I get some sleep >.>

But yeah, the only way that design would make me happy is if they shipped it as the signed collector's version with all the signatures in the dead space.

Perkel

Banned

The BG2 box works specifically because it has a logo in the middle of it to fill it out. The logo just sitting up there by itself in the PE placeholder just looks awkward...which is okay as it looks like what it is: a placeholder thrown together in 5 mins on photoshop.

Bollocks. Currently box art looks like sex. It doesn't need to have centered logo.

Currently it looks like a good hardcover book.

I can't wait to double dip and buy superior CD Project version of PoE that will hit polish market.

It will be better even than Obsidian own collectors edition version

LiK

Really? It looks pretty sexy. Dead space? It's better than being cluttered wth crap.

Not really getting the lavish amounts of praise here guys. Too much dead space in the box, and if they centered the logo it'd look a lot better.

no no no no no

aggressively centering everything is like the graphic design equivalent of just making everything a qte, it plays well on spike tv but it makes the super dedicated fans groan every time

filling up "dead space" is the graphic design equivalent of games where you can press eight different face buttons to do different sparkly attack animations but practically speaking they all do the same thing

duckroll

I don't really like how the cover looks. I don't think centering the logo is a good idea, instead there should be something added to the background to give the overall cover more subtle detail. Ideally the background of the cover should be lineart of the main city in the game or something like that. Just rough lineart of the layout which gives some context.

Perkel

Banned
No it looks like what it is: a placeholder some intern threw together in 5 mins with photoshop.

Not with that quality space beneath logo and amazing sides.

Just say it. You just want more of this:

BACGOTYXBPS3.jpg

I think project like Project Eternity won't need cover with screenshots as it probably won't be avabile in physical form in US market.

Here in better world aka Poland with current boxart will sell like mad at retail and it will be #1 game in all stores beating call of duty or Titanfall.

Perkel

Banned
I know this is completely offtopic but another Kickstarter RPG with very very very good previews just hit Early Acces on Steam:

Divinity Original Sin

This games looks like your Arcanum/Ultima7 fix you need.

RPS preview

2014. The most important year of them all. Revival of classical RPGs and start of VR era...

yamo

Is it still possible to back this game?

And what's the difference between backing and pledging? The website is kinda confusing as it says "Back Now" on some of the pages and "Pledge Now" on others.

Labadal

Is it still possible to back this game?

And what's the difference between backing and pledging? The website is kinda confusing as it says "Back Now" on some of the pages and "Pledge Now" on others.

You pledge money via their backer site. There were kickstarter backers and then they put up this site for those that missed or didn't want to back the project during the kickstarter. The money goes straight to Obsidian, no middle hand man that takes 10% of the money.

Kieli

Does anyone know what the final price of the game will be? I see that it takes $35 in order to be a pledger.

If the final price of the game is going to be the same, I'll just wait until it's released and see if impressions are good before buying it.

GECK

Does anyone know what the final price of the game will be? I see that it takes $35 in order to be a pledger.

If the final price of the game is going to be the same, I'll just wait until it's released and see if impressions are good before buying it.

They are internally discussing new stretch goals. More backers = moar stuff.

yamo

You pledge money via their backer site. There were kickstarter backers and then they put up this site for those that missed or didn't want to back the project during the kickstarter. The money goes straight to Obsidian, no middle hand man that takes 10% of the money.

Thanks!

I suppose it's more like a pre-order then, without none of the backer benefits. Might as well wait and buy it untill it's released as i'm no fan of pre-orders.

Perkel

Banned
Hey Perkel, what kind of box is CD Projekt making? How is it different from the one Obsidian is offering?

Are they distributing the physical or something?

I don't know yet. BUT

IT is CD Project. They always put shit ton of things in their boxes. They are the one that run GOG so that is given.

As i remember (from kickstarter update) they will be doing Polish localization of PoEt along with physical release on Polish market.

yep. they did it again.

the rogue gameplay seems nice, sounds like the perfect balance of traditional and unique elements with the whole "dirty fighting" focus

F!ReW!Re

Those ruins look amazing!
Amazed with how good they are making this game look!

So glad Torment is also gonna use this engine....

Alric

Gorgeous. This game is just making it harder and harder to wait. Making go back and play Baldurs gate while I wait.

Top Bottom