• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm going to use that portrait. It looks great. An insightful and very informative OT. I can't wait to play. I redeemed my KS code yesterday.

Durante

So I was up to over an hour, then back down to 2 minutes, and now it's at 13 minutes again.

It would have been MUCH faster on my connection to simply download the entire game uncompressed.

ZEmxQLd.png

And I can't play. :(

taa0098

Neo Member
So I've played maybe like half an hour of baldur's gate 1, but nothing more than that. I'm pretty familiar with most all other types of rpgs though. Is easy still recommended for me? Or normal?

Durante

So I've played maybe like half an hour of baldur's gate 1, but nothing more than that. I'm pretty familiar with most all other types of rpgs though. Is easy still recommended for me? Or normal?
I'd start on normal at least, you can always lower it if required.

Dunbar

Based on the difficulty descriptions, I can't imagine you should play on anything other than Easy.

Exuro

So I was up to over an hour, then back down to 2 minutes, and now it's at 13 minutes again.

It would have been MUCH faster on my connection to simply download the entire game uncompressed.
That's what I was thinking. I downloaded it an hour ago and it only took 10 minutes. This is taking much longer. :(

Obsidian has designed the game to be approachable to newcomers, so you should be fine. There's several difficulty and customization options so that you can tailor it to your needs.

taa0098

Neo Member
I went with normal, thanks guys! It's gonna suck choosing between this and bloodborne to play for the next good while, but I'm really excited to dive in. I love robust rpgs like this. Might even give the baldur series another shot if I really like this, which it looks like I will.

Top Bottom