• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Alrus

So while the excruciating wait is going on, if I'm relatively experienced with IE games (played through most of them multiple times but it's been quite a while), should I go with hard difficulty? I'm afraid normal is going to be a bit too easy like it was with Shadowrun.

Edit: lol I have 16 hours left now.

Noaloha

Where are the instructions for custom portraits again?

Here ya go.

Quick guide for custom portraits, since I'm sure it'll come up:

You'll need two versions of any single custom portrait, both in .png format. Let's say the image is called 'warriordude'. One version will be the 'large' image, measuring 210 x 330 px, with a filename 'warriordude_lg.png'. The other version will be the 'small' image, measuring 79 x 96 px, with a filename 'warriordude_sm.png'. Important to note the _lg and _sm suffixes added to the base filename there.

Once you have your two images cropped, resized, reformatted and named correctly you need to navigate to \wherever\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\ and there'll be a 'male' folder and a 'female' folder. Place both images in the relevant one.

It should now appear in-game!

And here's an Imgur gallery of portraits that's doing the rounds at the moment. I think it's pretty popular across the boards/websites, so if you care about having something unique, you may want to follow the above steps and source your own.

Violet_0

Banned
G9L5EmA.png

9T1kgIr.gif

Almighty

Well woke up and was disappointed when I noticed the game was locked, did my normal morning routine and noticed the game is being unlocked right now, and so I will see you guy or gals in a few days.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lucky bastards, I'm stuck here with no pillars for another 5 hours.

But as soon as I get home...

oKGELAMm.png

Ah well, it was fun GIFfing the GAF launch. Enjoy, you lucky knaves!

ihxaMgq.gif

Now to throw my laptop at the wall and weep over its inadequacy.

This is taking longer to unpack than it would take to download the entire thing again. Come onnnnn. My one hour break is almost over now :(

Marlenus

I have to download and install the game when I get back from work in about an hour as I only purchased it this morning. I was going to do it last night but I was busy moving furniture and I did not get around to it.

I hope it is fully installed fairly quickly but I will pass the time tinkering with my city in Skylines until its finished so not a total loss.

It's the first time I am actually "Day 1" on something. Never experienced it on Gaf as well. It is funny and exciting :)

Thanks to Shagg and Gaf for that again :D

Have fun people.

I can't find me in the credits. Apparently there was a survey at some point back in August, but I don't remember what name I put down. Any way I can find out?

Neverfade

Where do Kickstarters download their copy again?

I'm sure they told us an eon ago when I backed it, but I've forgotten and can't find anything in my email.

EDarkness

My GoG.com download keeps stopping in the middle. So I've downloaded over 2GB of data only to have it stop in the middle. Perhaps I'll try again later tonight because right now just isn't happening. Heh, heh.

PrimeRib_

is there any option ingame I need to check for the game to be easier for a newcomer

I kinda wondered about this too, but I'm at the gates, ready to bootup. At this point, I'm going in, head first, virgin style. Might not be the smartest decision, but definitely not the dumbest. Too excited to read!

You really can't play this game? I don't think it's specs are all that much.

Processor: AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-70, 2.00 GHz
Memory/RAM: 2.00 GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

Below minimum; I suspect I'll be able to run it, but this thing stutters/freezes and heats up like a hell-engine even running fairly low-spec stuff like Darkest Dungeon early-access. I don't even know how it will handle the shaders and what-not of PoE. :eek:

Top Bottom