• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

El Topo

Act 3. There's just too much stuff thrown at me and I can't bring myself to care about much of it. I think I just want to get it over with at this point.
I guess I'd put it above the original Icewind Dale, maybe the first Baldur's Gate game if I put my nostalgia goggles off. Definitely not as enjoyable as e.g. Icewind Dale 2 though.

JC Sera

Baby stealing quest I think. If you don't make those checks you have to either steal and kill a baby and Grieving Mother threatens to leave or kill a whole bunch of people.
Oh I just
poisoned the guy who asked you.
High perception lets you say "you drank the potion too fast dumbass no wonder you feel like shit" and you get away with it"

Violet_0

Banned
Oh I just
High perception lets you say "you drank the potion too fast dumbass no wonder you feel like shit" and you get away with it"

did you still get attacked? On my first playthrough I couldn't convince him to drink the poison, the second time he did but still attacked me

Salih

Act 3. There's just too much stuff thrown at me and I can't bring myself to care about much of it. I think I just want to get it over with at this point.

care to explain without spoiling it? I am at the end of act 2 and am enjoying it so far.

El Topo

care to explain without spoiling it? I am at the end of act 2 and am enjoying it so far.

I just can't bring myself to really care about the main story and I'm getting tired of all the quests, even if some have an interesting premise/story. I think less would've been more.

I don't like Twin Elms (in terms of lore and setting, and it feels undercooked, too), so Act III has been my least favorite so far. Still loving the game, though.

hemtae

Oh I just

I had to pass two checks to pull off the poison thing. Couldn't pass the second one so I ended up killing people.

JC Sera

I had to pass two checks to pull off the poison thing. Couldn't pass the second one so I ended up killing people.
Huh I only remember passing the perception check

But yeah
I didn't end up fighting them, I was pretty happy with result

Curious if the type of poison you choose factors into it, because the herbalist gives you a description on how it acts upon the victim after you have chosen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
did you still get attacked? On my first playthrough I couldn't convince him to drink the poison, the second time he did but still attacked me

Getting attacked and killing him is a prefectly acceptable resolution to the quest, though. It doesn't like nuke your twin elms rep or anything

Grieving Mother spoilers
it's a nice touch that the other companions perceive her with the disguise she uses. Only you see her true form.

Melchior

Just wondering if there is any way I can up my reputation for (Act 3 spoilers)
The Dozens because apparently I'm locked out of the bounties in Defiance Bay due to me being max rep for the Crucible Knights. It would definitely help bump me the last stretch to level 12 but I see no other available quests in DB so I think I'm screwed. In Act 3 doing the God Appeasement Quests right now.

I need help with Lle a Rhemen
after I finished act 2 I went to Stormwall Gorge and killed almost everything there. I talked to the talking heads and choose the answers, I have two characters over the right symbols so they are lit but nothing is happening, did I just went to that place before I was supposed to?

Nvm, I just found what I was supposed to do and I think I can't complete it now because Spoilers:
I Nridk live, so instead I needed to kill him and get the soul vesse to proceed with the ritual

wolfhowwl

Banned
I need help with Lle a Rhemen
after I finished act 2 I went to Stormwall Gorge and killed almost everything there. I talked to the talking heads and choose the answers, I have two characters over the right symbols so they are lit but nothing is happening, did I just went to that place before I was supposed to?

There is a
another area in the ruins that has an item you require for that part.

Have you met the Vithraki yet?

There is a
another area in the ruins that has an item you require for that part.

Have you met the Vithraki yet?

I think it was the thing
that I let live

Also, Edér quest spoilers
I finished it and I was let with a bitter taste only to discover later that you can finish it in Twin Elms, is the outcome different or is it the same as asking GM to "read" the relic.

Yeah I should have clarified a bit. I always want the best outcome, but there's no way I can really finish that quest unless I want
make Grieving Mother leave or fall into villain standing with the other party

Thanks for the frozen place tip

Eder is my favorite for conversation. Durance is my favorite for battle replies. Every one you click on has some form of "Yeah?" but Durance is like "YEAH?!" Sounds absolutely bonkers and it's hilarious.

Also, screw automatically handling threats from the Endless Path in your stronghold. They wiped out four upgrades and two men. Next time I'll handle it myself.

Eder is my favorite for conversation. Durance is my favorite for battle replies. Every one you click on has some form of "Yeah?" but Durance is like "YEAH?!" Sounds absolutely bonkers and it's hilarious.

Also, screw automatically handling threats from the Endless Path in your stronghold. They wiped out four upgrades and two men. Next time I'll handle it myself.

I like The Grieving Mother's, most of the time when you click on her you just hear the chimes.

I have been carrying Durance around for the whole game and I am getting pretty sick of him. Stop being so emo, you are like 100 years old for christs sake. I already did "I want you to leave" option once (and then reloaded) because wow that was satisfying.

I like The Grieving Mother's, most of the time when you click on her you just hear the chimes.

*Chimes ring*
It's mind blades time

enemies: no Grieving Mother no

Nohar

Got a 580MB update coming in right now. I'm on the beta line, so I don't know whether this is just 1.04 for everyone or something more.

Note quite. From the official forums:

BAdler said:
Hey, everyone. We were just about to push the patch live and we got a report from a user about stacking health. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on our side, but we are double checking to make sure that we don't introduce this patch live if it has this serious issue.

Slair

Anyone know if Paradox are sending out the Boxed Collectors Edition separately to the t-shirt/mousemat/postcard? Received an email from Paradox saying my order is complete with my order reference from the Pillars of Eternity site but i've got no Collectors Edition.

Nohar

I asked Hiravias' opinion on Pallegina.

I do not know if I should be grinning or disgusted.

Hiravias' opinion on Kana is quite funny too. Ho yay!
Frankly, I took him into my team more by curiosity than anything else, and he turned out to be one of my favorite companion.

Is there any motivation for doing the endless paths?
You don't get experience for fighting enemies, and it sounds like the endless paths is a combat oriented dungeon.

You don't get experience for fighting enemies, and it sounds like the endless paths is a combat oriented dungeon.

You get xp by killing monsters there to complete the bestiary, there are some side quests and reaching the last and dealing with the Master Below is a requisite to finish this quest.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
forgot I had to kill my last bounty, Sserkal, so I loaded an old save and went to fight him. WTF is this shit? I had very few issues with all the major enemies,
Adra dragon, zombie Raedric, Thaos himself
, but this piece of shit is impossible. Any advice about how to kill him? Massively unfair fight

I have been carrying Durance around for the whole game and I am getting pretty sick of him. Stop being so emo, you are like 100 years old for christs sake. I already did "I want you to leave" option once (and then reloaded) because wow that was satisfying.
Hahaha. It's enjoyable to think the people in my party have to travel everywhere with a raving lunatic. I can only imagine Aloth questions my leadership because of my decision to keep Durance around; not because I keep going slack jawed during visions. Which reminds me that Eder's comment about him smoking two pipes while I stood there staring at a tree is a hilarious.
I'm actually surprised by how attached I am to my stronghold. I want to clear out the Endless Paths just so my place will be nice.

Hahaha. It's enjoyable to think the people in my party have to travel everywhere with a raving lunatic. I can only imagine Aloth questions my leadership because of my decision to keep Durance around; not because I keep going slack jawed during visions. Which reminds me that Eder's comment about him smoking two pipes while I stood there staring at a tree is a hilarious.

I'm actually surprised by how attached I am to my stronghold. I want to clear out the Endless Paths just so my place will be nice.

Hahaha, I have the same impression cause the only two sane person on my party are Edér and Sagani, they must think I'm getting crazy because I keep Durance, GM and Hiravias though Sagani seems to get along nicely with Hiravias.

What we actually need are character design presets that match the character portraits.

i.e. choose the character portrait, which gives you a preset, which you then tweak to your liking.

But that'd make too much sense.

As with most things in this game (and games in general) they probably just didn't have the money to implement it.

One of the most exciting things about PoE to me is how they are going to be able to iterate with the expansion and (hopefully) sequel using this as a base.

forgot I had to kill my last bounty, Sserkal, so I loaded an old save and went to fight him. WTF is this shit? I had very few issues with all the major enemies,
Adra dragon, zombie Raedric, Thaos himself
, but this piece of shit is impossible. Any advice about how to kill him? Massively unfair fight

Durance has a 6th-level spell that will boost your party's resistance to domination. You can also load your party up on will-boosting equipment. But the main thing is that you know where Sserkal is, so just sneak up and nuke him (and his friends). If you get the drop on them with confuse or sleep, you should be able to kill a few of them fast and take control of the fight.

Ourobolus

Banned
I gotta get back to this. Got distracted with Hearthstone.

I'm level 10 and on floor 8 of the Endless Paths. I have like two main quests left in Act 2.

Shouldn't have done those bounties, because level progression seems a little borked because of it. I'm probably going to max out early on in Act 3, which is a little irritating.

How long are Act 3 and 4 compared to the previous acts?

What do I do with the animals I picked up? I have two cats (one which is rotting) and others I think just sitting in my inventory. I thought they might be quest related but now I see I can buy a beagle from a vendor so I'm not so sure.

Top Bottom