• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

I didn't like the Civil War table at ALL. I don't know what it is...

Nice to see the PS3/Vita tables make it over. Now 360 just needs that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 table :p

Yeah, bought it without trialing, but kinda-sorta regret it like PvZ, though not because it bored me like that one for being too easy, but because the design isn't strongly appealing over time. Interesting that Zen Pinball's core, and previously exclusive tables are coming to XBLA, though I hope FX2 didn't get those useless action-cam windows instead of S3D support as an exclusive feature, as it would be the last and only exclusive anything of Zen's that remains on the Sony side if NGS2 comes over as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really happy to see it coming to 360 and it not being Marvel themed. I love most of the Marvel tables, but I like different themes.

I almost bought them before the announcement, on my Vita/PS3. Kinda glad I didn't, but if they're good I'll double dip. My best scores happen while I'm on the shitter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BTW small spoiler abotu the SW tables

They're really, REALLY good. Their best yet. Wash the taste of Civil War out of your mouth, they're winners.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are they easy or hard? I hope not too easy.
I will buy either way though.

They're not low-scoring like the Classics series, and they're not pointbusters like Ms Sposion Man or old-era Rocky and Bullwinkle. They're...they seem just right. I'm sure someone better will prove me wrong, but they're all enjoyable as hell to play.

Probably haven't spent enough time on them, and as I've mentioned in this thread I'm no pinball expert, but the three Star Wars tables haven't won me over just yet. I really only find Episode V exciting to play as it feels there's plenty going on, the ramps are all pretty clear, and getting into its mission mode is simple and happens often (though I've only been able to reach Scene 1, Checkpoint 2 and I don't even know how I completed Checkpoint 1).

I tried Clone Wars second. On my second attempt I topped my couple friends that have played the table with something around 42 million points and honestly I didn't really do much of anything. I've started the fight against The Monster twice and have no idea what to do when he's out. I did get into training somehow and enjoyed that. But mainly it's really easy to cycle ramps and just get oodles of points and trigger multi-balls just by going from ramp to ramp. At one point I went through a ramp and got 3.5m points and I wasn't even sure why because it wasn't like I completed a mission or seemingly did anything remarkable. The table didn't even react to it and say anything or flash or anything. I simply saw the score pop up and accepted it.

Boba Fett is easily my least favorite so far. Perhaps I'll warm to it like I did with Ghost Rider, which I first hated. I feel like there's too many ways to lose as the left flipper is quick to put the ball in the right outer death lane thing. Also, a lot of the stuff has the ball rolling really quickly towards the center across the flippers so while I'm trying to look around the table I get surprised by the ball suddenly rolling past the flippers. I couldn't get many points across my two attempts and pretty much nothing happened. I got some big Jabba event and it acted like I did some good stuff and ended up with a score of 1.5m total. So yeah, I suck at the table and don't find it enjoyable.

I'm honestly not the best person to share opinions on these tables but for people who are more casual into this game perhaps my opinion more closely matches up their opinions? I think my favorites are still the Avengers Chronicles tables (though I'm quite bad at The Avengers table) and I thought the set before that was pretty fun, too. I think those were Virtue and Vengeance? A little tempted to grab the remaining superhero tables but they're older yet and I've been generally finding that the newer ones are more fun for me. Might grab the Civil War one and hope for the best.

Oh, and just to note, I'm also not a fan of Star Wars much at all nor am I really into the superhero stuff (aside from enjoying the movies well enough but I don't read comics or follow them).

Any tables not to purchase because they're not good? I've been playing it enough that I want to buy pretty much all of the tables unless they're bad. Any of them to avoid?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if all the tables are coming to pc or just some?

Any tables not to purchase because they're not good? I've been playing it enough that I want to buy pretty much all of the tables unless they're bad. Any of them to avoid?

I personally would strongly recommend you don't get the Pinball FX Classics set. And with that in mind I'd question the Zen Classics set, as well, but I've never played them. I feel that they've been improving as they go along, typically, and those older tables aren't nearly as fun.

I'm not deep into Marvel properties but Avengers Chronicles and Vengeance and Virtue are easily my two most played sets of tables. The new Star Wars tables aren't bad but I generally favor the Marvel tables. Also the Pinball FX 2 Core tables are fairly decent but I honestly haven't spent a lot of time on them.

Ms. Splosion Man is great if you're not that good at the game, which I only consider myself average, because it's high scoring and you feel like you're doing a bunch of awesome stuff. I've spent far too much time working on Epic Quest, possibly more than any individual table, but it can also be somewhat frustrating and it's not nearly as varied as some of the others. Plants Vs. Zombies I'd put around the same as Ms. Splosion Man where there's a ton of stuff happening so it feels satisfying to me.

I think that's pretty much all the ones I own.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

If I had to choose which ones not to bother with, I didn't enjoy the Zen Classics set nor the PFX1 tables. So stay away from that stuff.

If I had to choose which ones not to bother with, I didn't enjoy the Zen Classics set nor the PFX1 tables. So stay away from that stuff.

I personally would strongly recommend you don't get the Pinball FX Classics set. And with that in mind I'd question the Zen Classics set, as well, but I've never played them. I feel that they've been improving as they go along, typically, and those older tables aren't nearly as fun.

I'm not deep into Marvel properties but Avengers Chronicles and Vengeance and Virtue are easily my two most played sets of tables. The new Star Wars tables aren't bad but I generally favor the Marvel tables. Also the Pinball FX 2 Core tables are fairly decent but I honestly haven't spent a lot of time on them.

Ms. Splosion Man is great if you're not that good at the game, which I only consider myself average, because it's high scoring and you feel like you're doing a bunch of awesome stuff. I've spent far too much time working on Epic Quest, possibly more than any individual table, but it can also be somewhat frustrating and it's not nearly as varied as some of the others. Plants Vs. Zombies I'd put around the same as Ms. Splosion Man where there's a ton of stuff happening so it feels satisfying to me.

I think that's pretty much all the ones I own.

Cool, maybe I'll get the rest then since those two seem to be in agreement of not being so great. Plants vs. Zombies feels like Ms. Splosion Man then, I got over 100mil way too easily. Especially when I'm average at best.

Cool, maybe I'll get the rest then since those two seem to be in agreement of not being so great. Plants vs. Zombies feels like Ms. Splosion Man then, I got over 100mil way too easily. Especially when I'm average at best.

From what I recall PvZ isn't to the same extreme in points but it's still a high scorer and through dumb luck you'll activate a ton of stuff and feel like you're making progress. Also, if you care, the achievement on PvZ is super easy to get. A lot of my time on the tables is working on getting the achievements. Often that coincides with getting to Wizard Mode or whatever it's called when you "beat" a table so it requires learning a lot about each table. PvZ, on the other hand, took me about three minutes from first starting it up to figure out what to do and to do it.

Zep

Banned
Bought the star wars pack and I'm quite enjoying all the stuff happening in the background. Worth the $10 IMO.

Now, let's talk about why blade is voiced by a white guy. How lazy is that shit when I can't tell the difference between him and his sidekick. I'm not expecting Wesley snipes here but give some damn effort. Kinda makes the board unplayable.

I'll have this one in my rotation for a while. My new hustle kings.

Now, let's talk about why blade is voiced by a white guy. How lazy is that shit when I can't tell the difference between him and his sidekick. I'm not expecting Wesley snipes here but give some damn effort. Kinda makes the board unplayable.

Blade is still one of the absolute best tables though in terms of the actual pinball. It's probably worth ignoring the voice for it.

I also love the Star Wars tables... They are definitely the best ones since Epic Quest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the star wars pack and I'm quite enjoying all the stuff happening in the background. Worth the $10 IMO.

I'll have this one in my rotation for a while. My new hustle kings.

Blade's one of my favorite tables, no doubt. That first Marvel pack had nothing but gems. I still go back to Wolverine. Not so much Iron Man, but Blade is just head and shoulders above most of the rest.

Zep

Banned
I'll try my best to ignore it lol...

I really like the Plants vs Zombies board. A nice amount of things going on and some nice music as well. Its a nice change of pace from the seriousness of the other boards?! That's the best way I can describe it.

Any others like Plants vs Zombies?

Maybe that's why I like it so much. That boba fett one plays very fast to me and makes it hard.

Give Ms Splosion Man a try then. I really like it. It's one of only 2 tables that I managed to get a billion points on! (the other being Epic Quest)

derExperte

Old thread but: All tables for PC are 50% off on Steam during the Summer Sale and there won't be daily deal, so grab them now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow I think I'll triple dip. Why not. I'm a dumbshit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought nearly every table during the steam sale. I have 25 tables now!!!

what view do you guys play with? I use view 2

I go with 4. I like zooming out not moving up much. I gotta have it all in my FOV.

I triple-dipped on the Steam sale too. I'm thinking about turning one of my monitors vertically and seeing if the game's playable like that. Shit would be beautiful.

I go with 4. I like zooming out not moving up much. I gotta have it all in my FOV.

I triple-dipped on the Steam sale too. I'm thinking about turning one of my monitors vertically and seeing if the game's playable like that. Shit would be beautiful.

Sure is. Just change the orientation in the graphical settings to match.

Psykoboy2

Hmm...hopefully can revive this topic a bit with the new tables being released this week. I did a preview last week that you can find here: http://youtu.be/Di7lXkTSFPU

I enjoyed all 3 tables. The art for Return Of The Jedi is bright and beautiful and the same goes for Starfighter Assault - probably the highlight of the 3 tables in its design, art, and layout. Then there's Darth Vader's table - it felt slow to me going in, but I've spent the weekend trying to learn more of the table and get a better feel for it. My score hasn't increased, but my knowledge of the table has and I need to put in more time with it.

I picked up the Balance of the Force pack and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. I still rank Episode V as my favorite of the 6. Anyone else grab this. SW pinball is all I play on my Vita.

I picked up the Balance of the Force pack and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. I still rank Episode V as my favorite of the 6. Anyone else grab this. SW pinball is all I play on my Vita.

Any chance you could rank the six available Star Wars tables? I'll pretty much buy them regardless but I have the first three and curious how you think they all fall so far.

I should probably grab the Civil War Marvel table one of these days, too. Might just be best to hold off for another sale on that one and the last set of Marvel tables I never got (one of the first sets. Not the one with Moon Knight). Don't have much interest in the older tables beyond those that I don't already own though.

microtubule

Pretty good deal at Humblebundle.com for the Zen Pinball FX 2 games. I already have them on XBLA but for minimum $6 you cannot go wrong!

Pinball FX2 - Core Pack, Pinball FX2 - Zen Classics Pack, Pinball FX2 - Earth Defense Table, Pinball FX2 - Paranormal Table, Pinball FX2 - Epic Quest Table! If you pay $6 or more, you'll also receive Pinball FX2 - Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles Pack, Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pack and Pinball FX2 - Marvel Pinball Pack!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
30,652,000 on Iron Man.

Welp, time to never play this table ever again because how in the hell am I ever going to beat that.

(Iron Man has long been one of my more hated tables because I could never get a good run on it. I...guess that's changed now. :lol Now if only I could get a decent run on Blade...)

shaowebb

Holy shit...every table on Steam is 75% until Sept 1st.
Just bought em ALL.

What would you folks say is the absolute best tables to play? The best of the best I plan to double dip for tablet.

My faves on the 360 were Excalibur and Pasha BTW. Lots of lanes and few deadzones with a ton of crazy missions and board minigames.

derExperte

Pinball FX2 - South Park Pinball

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322960/

Available now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Might grab it. Still waiting on the Xbox One tables to show up as Free for me. I'd be playing a lot more if I had all my stuff.

5taquitos

So I bought the South Park tables through the PS webstore, but they won't show up in my list of tables in Zen Pinball 2 (Vita). Importing tables does nothing. I know I could download the standalone tables, but I prefer to keep everything in one place. Anyone run into the same issue?

Edit: Never mind, ignore this. Booted it up to find that the tables have been added.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, yeah, I just discovered this game a week ago on Steam due to the Humble Bundle deal for a bunch of tables for $1, and I have to say I'm finding it a lot of fun. I used to play real pinball in the arcades decades ago but it's very hard to find actual pinball machines to play anymore. Honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I played a real physical table.

But until a week ago I'd never played a virtual pinball table either, and I'm surprised to say that I like it a lot. I'm hoping that during the Winter Sale they discount some tables, because I could easily see myself scooping up a bunch of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, yeah, I just discovered this game a week ago on Steam due to the Humble Bundle deal for a bunch of tables for $1, and I have to say I'm finding it a lot of fun. I used to play real pinball in the arcades decades ago but it's very hard to find actual pinball machines to play anymore. Honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I played a real physical table.

But until a week ago I'd never played a virtual pinball table either, and I'm surprised to say that I like it a lot. I'm hoping that during the Winter Sale they discount some tables, because I could easily see myself scooping up a bunch of them.

They usually do. Between this and Pinball Arcade (both offer very different but very fun experiences) I'm a happy goddamn camper.

Top Bottom