• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

Vert boil

Pinball FX2/Zen Pinball 2 are getting a Plants vs. Zombies Table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuViFJQEXk8

PvZ_Pinball-Teaser-art.jpg

They’re coming… the fundead invade pinball in Zen Studios’ latest pinball DLC, Plants vs Zombies Pinball! This table will be the first new table for Zen Pinball 2, and will include a variety of fully 3D interactive zombies and fully 3D plants to help keep the zombies from eating your brainz!

Features include:

• New effects! The table becomes fogged over during the “Going Nuts” mission and players can use a genuine Melon-Pult to keep zombies at bay!
• Preparation is the key to victory: Collect money and sunlight in times of peace to purchase the plants that will fight off the zombies
• New XBLA Achievement: “You Have Mail” (50 GS) and new PSN Trophies: “Letter from Mom” and “Malfunction”

Plants vs Zombies Pinball will be available for download on September 4th on for Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation Network for $2.99, with Cross Buy entitlement on PS3 and PS Vita, and September 5th for Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live Arcade for 240 MSP.
Unearth those flippers and get ready to soil your plants!
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=2074

Peggle was the Popcap game that made sense for pinball but I always knew it would be Plants vs Zombies since that seems more popular. Oh well.
I'll get it anyway since I get every table.

jgkspsx

But Peggle is already something like the original pinball machines, which were more like pachinko... it would have seemed kind of weird to me.

But Peggle is already something like the original pinball machines, which were more like pachinko... it would have seemed kind of weird to me.

It would seem weird to make a pinball game of peggle because it's like pinball? I think it's perfect for that reason. They could have let you trigger the different Peggle powers for use on a pinball machine. Could have been amazing.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It would seem weird to make a pinball game of peggle because it's like pinball? I think it's perfect for that reason. They could have let you trigger the different Peggle powers for use on a pinball machine. Could have been amazing.

Plus Peggle has that dozen or more "Peggle Masters" characters that Zen could have gone nuts with expressing personality. Just have each master appear on the table for their own mode, tied to a power, etc.

(licensed) pinball is about distilling the property into a diverse collection of sights and sounds that reminds you of the best aspects of the original. Peggle may have some interesting characters, but they are not the star of the game - the physics-based ball interactions are. The characters are a sideshow. And pinball is already good on the physics aspect - it needs the sights and sounds, the personality, on top of it. PvZ has far more personality to offer and far more focus on the characters and their art style, and you are looking at them throughout gameplay - in peggle, you're watching the ball and the pegs. PvZ pinball is like peanut butter and chocolate, and Peggie pinball would be like peanut butter and almond butter.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone pick up the PvZ table? If so how is it? Also bought the second Marvel Pinball pack and actually beat the only other person on my friends list(360) that regularly play this. Got like 33 mil on the Thor table lol.

zorbsie

Anyone pick up the PvZ table? If so how is it? Also bought the second Marvel Pinball pack and actually beat the only other person on my friends list(360) that regularly play this. Got like 33 mil on the Thor table lol.

Challenge accepted! Its been awhile since I played that table though.

microtubule

Yes, just played it (PvZ) and throughly enjoyed it. I am impressed by look and layout, sounds, gameplay, etc. In terms of recent tables; I haven't played a ton of Epic Quest but I think I might prefer PvZ to it.

jgkspsx

PvZ is relentlessly easy. I acquired about four extra balls, scored 45M points, and wasn't even near the top of the leaderboards. It's fun, but, eh.

Are there a few people that would like to friend up on Xbox Live that play these. I have about half the available tables and I'm fairly average but I currently only have one or two people that tend to have played the tables I own and I can typically get close to their scores or top them so it'd be nice to have a few more people to compare scores to and give me something to work towards.

Bonus points if you play plenty of other things to possibly compare leaderboards. I play a good chunk of Xbox Live Arcade titles (have around 140?) so I always enjoy having people to compare things to.

Edit: Gamertag is Lord Wibble if anyone does feel inclined to add me. I only have three open spots but I'd be willing to delete some older folks that don't log on Live anymore to make some space.

Edit: Gamertag is Lord Wibble if anyone does feel inclined to add me. I only have three open spots but I'd be willing to delete some older folks that don't log on Live anymore to make some space.

I added you. My tag is "torontoDowntown". I only play XBLA games and never buy retail games so that sounds good to me. I play Pinball FX2, Pinball Arcade and Trials. Things like that.

I absolutely love the PvZ table. Its my favorire one. Just scored 153m. Not amazing but I just play to have fun knowing I'll never sniff the high leaderboards in this game.

Plants vs Zombies does seem too easy, but the game needs some accessible tables as well. However, my tolerance for pursuing hour long sessions with any one table just went up, as it seems you can stop playing whenever you feel like it and play another table or even close the game, and then come back to that game on that table later. I don't know if all versions support this, but the Vita seems to and the PS3 does also upload gamesaves to the cloud using Playstation Plus for almost all tables and sets I play separately ...

I found out by accident, when I apparently had stopped a game on one of the tables and then when I got back to it later, it asked me if I wanted to resume my game. Pretty awesome!

Should this topic perhaps be renamed to include the other platforms? On iOS, Windows 8, Vita, and Playstation 3 it is all called Zen Pinball (iOS) or Zen Pinball 2 (the rest). There aren't many exclusive tables left, I think (ZP2 on PS3 and Vita have 26 tables now)

Should this topic perhaps be renamed to include the other platforms? On iOS, Windows 8, Vita, and Playstation 3 it is all called Zen Pinball (iOS) or Zen Pinball 2 (the rest). There aren't many exclusive tables left, I think (ZP2 on PS3 and Vita have 26 tables now)

Yes, this topic should include all the platforms for sure or just make a new one for all platforms?

Yeah, I know PS3 has some tables that the xbox360 doesn't have.. strangely, I got two of those tables (El Dorado and Shaman) on Zen Pinball for 3DS.
Another exclusive table is Ms Splosion man which I believe is only on the 360.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet. I know I complain a lot about too many Marvel tables but I always end up enjoying them anyways!

There's a lot, and I like their derivative tables, but more tables are always good. I love most of what they put out, and I REALLY LIKE the ones I don't love.

Already own them, but they're must buys even if you're not big on the comics, IMO.

I agree, they're just really good tables on average, and get better with each new release.

So I'm pretty happy there's a new one coming. :)

Not that I've played all the other ones enough, mind you, but I always enjoy the part most where you discover how a table works and one session doesn't start lasting an hour or more. I didn't know SFII really well yet, so I failed at everything but the car-smash induced multi-ball (just didn't know what to do, should have read the table goals), but that resulted in me having a session of at least one hour while I was traveling (by train), only to score 95 million.

As that was still 3 million above my current best rival though, and I came from 5th or so, that was still very satisfying, to see all your rival scores come up during the game one by one. :D

I think we can just rename this one, if that is there is someone around who can. Otherwise we should probably create a new thread.

microtubule

@Zaraki_Kenpachi, I couldn't find a list but my top three would be:

Epic Quest
Moon Knight
Mars/Nightmare Mansion

----------------

Pinball FX2 is now out on Windows 8

Zen Studios Blog post

it comes with Mars table and the other tables are $2.99

So you can only play it on Windows 8 and not 7? So dumb.

By the way, a new tournament has started today for the PSN and XBLA game. It's for the Plants vs Zombies table.

So you can only play it on Windows 8 and not 7? So dumb.

We'll have the game out for other versions of Windows at some point in the next few months.

jgkspsx said:
So, no XBLA cross compatibility then? Poo. I didn't expect it, but I was hoping.

There's no way to do it yet with Microsoft's back end. We're hoping that they'll add that functionality at some point, but I don't see it happening for at least a year.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
We'll have the game out for other versions of Windows at some point in the next few months.

There's no way to do it yet with Microsoft's back end. We're hoping that they'll add that functionality at some point, but I don't see it happening for at least a year.

The 360 and Windows 8 version tables won't be interchangeable, right?

It would be pretty cool if they were.

I don't know how realistic this currently is but having table purchases be universal across platforms would go a loooooong way towards me buying more tables. As it stands when I look at the 360 and my purchased FX/FX2 tables I tend to think that I'll lose meaningful access to them in a year or so when the next Xbox rolls out (and the 360 gets unplugged), and thus am extremely resistant to buying tables on 360. If my XBLA-account purchases (which seem to be tied to Win8/GFWL) carry over to PC, though, then I'd be likely to buy tables on 360 now, PC in the mid-point, and back to 720 for the presumably inevitable FX3.

I don't know how realistic this currently is but having table purchases be universal across platforms would go a loooooong way towards me buying more tables. As it stands when I look at the 360 and my purchased FX/FX2 tables I tend to think that I'll lose meaningful access to them in a year or so when the next Xbox rolls out (and the 360 gets unplugged), and thus am extremely resistant to buying tables on 360. If my XBLA-account purchases (which seem to be tied to Win8/GFWL) carry over to PC, though, then I'd be likely to buy tables on 360 now, PC in the mid-point, and back to 720 for the presumably inevitable FX3.

We've made every effort to have purchases be universal where possible (FX1->FX2 on 360, MP/ZP->ZP2 on PS3, Vita<->PS3 on PSN, universal on iOS). However, we're limited by what the platform holders support. We've requested that Microsoft give us the ability to have content purchases shared among the Windows 8, Xbox 360, Windows Phone, and Durango platforms - but I have no idea how high of a priority this is for them. I'm hopeful about 360->Durango since that is all controlled by the same group, but less so about the rest since they would require a bunch of different departments to coordinate.

Any cross-platform transfer that is supported, we will implement.

The Steam version won't be GFWL and thus won't have any chance of account-level connection to any other version of the game. As such, it's very doubtful that purchases will transfer into or out of it.

The 360 and Windows 8 version tables won't be interchangeable, right?

It would be pretty cool if they were.

Possibly, at some point in the fairly distant future. If you want to spend the extra money on tables for a PC version, I'd wait for the Steam title rather than investing in the Win8 version now, since the Steam version will be more configurable and feature-rich than the Win8 title.

Open Source, is FX2 on X360 ever going to get S3D support like Zen Pinball 2 or is that an exclusive feature or waiting for an eventual FX3 release?

Vert boil

New table pack coming on Wednesday for the 360.

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=2623
Tesla, Eldorado, Shaman and V12 will be available for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE® Arcade on Wednesday, December 12th. Each table in this 4-pack has been re-mastered with upgraded graphics and physics, and will be available as DLC for Pinball FX2 for 800 MSP.

Zen Classics tables:

Conduct dangerous experiments and uncover the mysteries of the brilliant turn-of-the-century scientist in Tesla. Guide the silver ball to emit electromagnetic waves and activate electric arcs that provide life to the genius inventions that power the world we enjoy today.

Experience life as a novice witch doctor who must master the trade of summoning spectacular phenomena in Shaman. Maneuver the silver ball through treacherous spin discs, ramp jumps, challenging missions, and crazy playfield toys! Harness the power of the supernatural and prove you are the true Shaman.

The treasures of Eldorado have long been buried in the depths of dangerous jungles in ancient Mayan lands. Journey though the perils of the ancient ruins, activate Mayan technology to unlock puzzles, and avoid deadly traps during the hunt for hidden treasures that will make you rich beyond your wildest imagination.

Tune your engines for maximum performance in V12, a pinball table for automotive gearheads! Upgrade parts and create the perfect driving machine as you turbo charge your way around the ramps. This table is built for those who live life without limits, so max the nitro tank and be the first to cross the finish line!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like the Civil War table at ALL. I don't know what it is...

Nice to see the PS3/Vita tables make it over. Now 360 just needs that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 table :p

Top Bottom