• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixar’s Inside Out |OT| Quirks in Navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
Glad I'm not the only one who had suspicions of him before that scene. Ever since his first appearance when he was taking those memories I was watching him throughout the whole movie waiting for the backstab. I felt so bad. Well played, Pixar.

they obviously did it intentionally. First encountered stealing memories, hinting that Riley has forgotten him, Joy or Sadness or whoever being suspicious of the shortcut. He's like the anti-Lotso

NateDog

It's here <3

Just went trough the bonus stuff on the main disc, nice to see all these passionate people from Pixar talk about the process.
Totally jelly of that bonus disc. I ordered the NA version from Amazon for it but it came to like €45 and I couldn't afford it so I just ordered it at my store instead.

Osahi

In The Netherlands there's a two disc version of the blu-ray with the same content on disc two as you listed above. So I think it's safe to assume that every two disc edition of the blu-ray will have that content.

IUKCDPH.jpg

France will have this same edition as you can see on the cover, it's both written in Dutch and French. Probably Belgium too.

So crap you can't have the bonus disk with the 3d version. Grabbed that one though... I barely watch those disks anyway.

Just watched Riley's First Date. After a slowish start it gets pretty funny. Bit forgetable though...

Ratrat

It was pretty good....but I wish Pixar would do something a little more interesting visually again. This had that same plastic/candy-colored look from Wreck It Ralph or just any other cgi cartoon. Or use a different artstyle for once.

Linius

Didn't know you couldn't get the bonus disc with the 3D version. That's odd, 3D version is the most expensive one of all versions.

Riley's First Date didn't do all that much for me either. The preview that has been circeling around the internet for a while is basically half of the content. I did like seeing inside the boy's head and the rest of those interactions. Kind of hoped it would be longer I guess.

Scavenger

In The Netherlands there's a two disc version of the blu-ray with the same content on disc two as you listed above. So I think it's safe to assume that every two disc edition of the blu-ray will have that content.

IUKCDPH.jpg
It seems like the Bol.com exclusive release already went out of print. The EAN code and picture have been changed to that of the standard edition. That's like really fast. I got mine yesterday.

clav

Finally rented it thanks to the $0.10 Microsoft daily deal.

Loved it.

Was only slightly disappointed that
the movie doesn't explore puberty
, but I guess it doesn't need to do that to tell its story.

We could use a gif/webm of that
girl alert sequence

That
Triple Dent Gum gag
could be someone's ringtone. Almost seems like a meme itself.

RBH

Such a wonderful film.

May be my new favorite Pixar movie.

And the "Riley's First Date" short film on the Blu-Ray was great.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm really late to the party, but finally picked up this movie and watched it. It's probably my new most favorite Pixar film, and brought me close to tears several times.

Due to the nature of the film, I did come to the realization that every time I feel like I should be sad, I sort of either redirect it into anger and disgust at myself, or I just sort of clam up and become a bit detached. I suppose this isn't a particularly healthy way of living.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Just watched some of the extras today, including the deleted scenes and a couple of the behind the scenes featurettes. This may just be the bias of watching this version first, but I'm so glad they came to the story they did, as it looks like many of their original ideas were just terrible.

Just a bit of an odd parenting question (I'll probably never be one, but oh well) but in relation to the events of the film, after everything that happened, would it be appropriate for Riley's parents to still impose some sort of punishment eventually?
She did still steal her mom's credit card, after all.

mrkgoo

Just watched some of the extras today, including the deleted scenes and a couple of the behind the scenes featurettes. This may just be the bias of watching this version first, but I'm so glad they came to the story they did, as it looks like many of their original ideas were just terrible.

Just a bit of an odd parenting question (I'll probably never be one, but oh well) but in relation to the events of the film, after everything that happened, would it be appropriate for Riley's parents to still impose some sort of punishment eventually?
She did still steal her mom's credit card, after all.

I suppose so. Being a parent is never about any hard and fast rules, because every child is different. You can read all the guide books in the world, and be completely up with child psychology, and it all goes out the window, because your kid will only response to certain things.

I would hope to explain that what they did was still wrong, and have the appropriate consequences. It really depends on how understanding Riley is to the explanation. Being a parent is a real challenge.

Majestad

Banned
Just watched the movie for the first time and thought it was incredible. Top of the class like Toy Story, Ratatouille and the other Pixar greats.

Seeing all the love this movie is getting, I guess I'm going to have to watch this again because the first time I thought it was thoroughly mediocre. I honestly don't see what people like so much about this one. But I will give her another try and maybe I will see things differently.

This movie has ruined other Disney movies for me...
I came out seeing Zootopia thinking it was good but Inside Out was so much better... :(
The bar has been set too high...

Lucreto

Didn't like the movie and I don't know why. I bought it hearing it was great but I feel like I lost 90 minutes of my life.

Nothing has beaten Ratatouille or Big Hero 6.

To me, Big Hero 6 is one of the lowest point of WDAS.

Funnily enough, I'd actually put it somewhere in the middle.

From a visual standpoint, it's one of the most captivating Disney films made especially in 3D. The city is phenomenal looking and the film actually has good cinematograpy to not make any scene stale looking. It also has a lot of heart in the story being that it went over a character arc not usually scene in Disney's films,
that of overcoming grief

However the narrative also has a decent amount of flaws. There's a lack of character development for everyone but Hiro and Baymax. The story itself also has a lot of convenient occurences that make the journey have less of an impact.

Overall though it is a solid film.

Funnily enough, I'd actually put it somewhere in the middle.

From a visual standpoint, it's one of the most captivating Disney films made especially in 3D. The city is phenomenal looking and the film actually has good cinematograpy to not make any scene stale looking. It also has a lot of heart in the story being that it went over a character arc not usually scene in Disney's films,
that of overcoming grief

However the narrative also has a decent amount of flaws. There's a lack of character development for everyone but Hiro and Baymax. The story itself also has a lot of convenient occurences that make the journey have less of an impact.

Overall though it is a solid film.
Oh, Disney has been the technical leader of 3D animation studios since Tangled IMO, BH6 is certainly pretty to look at, full scale city + realistic crowd generation, and the Hyperion renderer just makes everything looks better.

I don't like BH6 because it's too formulaic and predictable, the crew was severely underdeveloped as you said, many supposed emotional moments just fell flat for me (and the ending is a giant cop out). I'd put it slightly above Pixar's The Good Dinosaur.

Lucreto

colin03.gif

I'd have accepted The Incredibles, maybe

I may have over exaggerated with Big Hero 6. :p

It was good but not amazing I just enjoyed it more than Inside Out. Ratatouille for me is God Tier along with Toy Story, I watched them so many times usually 2 or 3 times a year.

Inside out was mid tier and I would compare it to Brave okay but disappointing in parts but has its moments.

dity

Here's my yearly post saying I cried so much when I saw this. It brought up a lot of childhood feelings that I'd buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom