• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

If you're interested in relatively healthy frozen pizza I recommend Kashi's roasted vegetable thin crust:

yDt9u.jpg

They go for $6 where I live, they're only 750 calories, and they're quite filling. Plus, flip one slice on top of another and you've got yourself a quesadilla!

Giolon

God damn, why did I come into this thread? Now I'm freaking hungry and all the pizza shops are closed. Thanks a lot assholes.

(Secret best thread)

Made another pan pizza. Turned out pretty well. I didn't have time to slice up pepperoni (which would have had the nice curling) so I just bought a package of pre-sliced, but besides that, it was good!

delicious pizza[IMG]
[IMG]delicious golden crust[IMG][/QUOTE]

Please sir, I'd like the recipe. My Avatar needs it so... As do I.

And I seriously want to grab a pizza for dinner tonight lol.

n0n44m

2012-10-1920.20.351bzp9.jpg

2012-10-1921.05.24cll4v.jpg

Made batch of dough 2 days ago and kept it in the fridge. Used buffalo mozzarella this time ... certainly did taste much better than those regular factory produced mozzarella balls (both before and after cooking), but then again it should be better for €3.50 vs €1 for the cheap stuff

everyone agreed these pizzas tasted pretty awesome ... especially with some rucola, dry-cured Spanish ham & olive oil

bottom one is just tre formaggi ;) [mozzarella, sharp Dutch cheese & gorgonzola]

also,
U KNOW U WANT SOME

2012-10-1920.20.351bzp9.jpg

2012-10-1921.05.24cll4v.jpg

Made batch of dough 2 days ago and kept it in the fridge. Used buffalo mozzarella this time ... certainly did taste much better than those regular factory produced mozzarella balls (both before and after cooking), but then again it should be better for €3.50 vs €1 for the cheap stuff

everyone agreed these pizzas tasted pretty awesome ... especially with some rucola, dry-cured Spanish ham & olive oil

bottom one is just tre formaggi ;) [mozzarella, sharp Dutch cheese & gorgonzola]

also,
U KNOW U WANT SOME

What is that magical machine of yours?

J-Roderton

This is the weekend I'm finally going to make my own Pizza. Dough and all. As far as toppings go, I think I'm going to go with spicy. Probably chorizo and jalapeno. I think I'll post results.

n0n44m

What is that magical machine of yours?

;p

basically counting down the days until it falls apart now, one part of the plastic joints has already cracked ... still best investment ever; ~3 years of weekly pizza baking fun (about 3 pizzas on an average run) @ €70

still not sure whether to get a new (better quality) one or get one of those "Baking Steel" things they reviewed over at slice .. shipping those things to .nl is costly as they weigh quite a bit :( and our oven is built-in in the side of the kitchen --> no real way of transporting them to the oven without getting flour and cheese all over the kitchen floor :/

Clydefrog

Aww, well at least it wasn't an unmitigated disaster (you could still eat it!).
Was the cornmeal worth it though?
Seems like you could make it a little less cleaning-intensive afterwards if you skipped that.

wait, what?

i spread cornmeal on my pizza tray so the dough would not stick. am i doing something wrong?

;p

basically counting down the days until it falls apart now, one part of the plastic joints has already cracked ... still best investment ever; ~3 years of weekly pizza baking fun (about 3 pizzas on an average run) @ €70

still not sure whether to get a new (better quality) one or get one of those "Baking Steel" things they reviewed over at slice .. shipping those things to .nl is costly as they weigh quite a bit :( and our oven is built-in in the side of the kitchen --> no real way of transporting them to the oven without getting flour and cheese all over the kitchen floor :/

Yeah, I have a somewhat small kitchen with very little maneuvering space, so handling a 500 degree metal plane doesn't seem like such a wise idea.
I might just get that pizza machine of yours, as I've shown interest in it twice now :p

n0n44m

Yeah, I have a somewhat small kitchen with very little maneuvering space, so handling a 500 degree metal plane doesn't seem like such a wise idea.
I might just get that pizza machine of yours, as I've shown interest in it twice now :p

well you can get a pizza peel (get 2 actually) to transfer the pizza to the oven, that works totally fine as long as you don't mind a little bit of flour/cornmeal falling on the floor every now and then

our kitchen is pretty big but the oven is on the opposite side of the surface on which I make the pizza ...

the machine I use is basically a cheaper non-branded version of these ones (Fantasia one to be exact); mine cost €70 at the time and these official ones are available for around double that price at most professional cooking stores around here

the only reason I'm hesitating to buy another one is because mine was from an early batch, which apparently misses some safety regulations and thus can get hotter than intended. This is probably why the plastic parts are breaking (too much heat) but at the same time it does ensure that the pizzas come out great :) :)

there are also some mods floating around on the web which involve cooling or removing the thermal limiters etc in order to get it truly scorching hot, but I'm not sure about the durability in that case ... might try to source a cheap second and hack something together sometime :p

anyway it still takes some knowledge/experience before I got truly great results with it. I now stick to Slice's NY Pizza dough recipe (high water % avoids burning the bottom before the toppings are done), make sure not to use too many dough, don't use too much sauce, use plenty of flour to avoid sticking to the peels/stone, don't stack the toppings too much (else they'll hit the upper heating element), and always make sure the device is at the highest temperature possible (let it warm with the lid open too make sure thermal limiter isn't kicking in)

2012-10-2020.28.49buybm.jpg

this was a bit of leftover dough from yesterday, with a bit of sauce and Gorgonzola chunks

Hanging out with my bro tomorrow. Going to snag some pizza.

Perhaps if it's worthy of the glory and honor of the great pie in the sky, I shall post pictures of it.

The info in the OP about pickled ginger used on pizzas in India is not correct. Not sure who came up with that research.

The favorite toppings on Pizza in India are:

Chicken
Cottage Cheese (NOT tofu)
Onion

The info in the OP about pickled ginger used on pizzas in India is not correct. Not sure who came up with that research.

The favorite toppings on Pizza in India are:

Chicken
Cottage Cheese (NOT tofu)
Onion

Yeah, I'll get rid of those info pics.
Noticed that some of the pizza pics were down, so I uploaded some new ones.

Chicken Pesto/Alfredo. Gonna put the tomato slices underneath the cheese next time. Couldn't keep them from falling off everytime I took a bite.

ivzZrl.jpg

wAtPil.jpg

Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Our original sauce topped with brick cheese, tomatoes, grilled chicken, fresh mushrooms, a hint of garlic and sprinkled Parmesan.

My bro turned me onto this pizza. It was amazing sans the mushrooms which can go to hell.
Really creamy taste, heavy garlic flavour. Doesn't look like much but it was good shit!

wAtPil.jpg

Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Our original sauce topped with brick cheese, tomatoes, grilled chicken, fresh mushrooms, a hint of garlic and sprinkled Parmesan.

My bro turned me onto this pizza. It was amazing sans the mushrooms which can go to hell.
Really creamy taste, heavy garlic flavour. Doesn't look like much but it was good shit!

That looks pretty interesting.
Almost looks like a piece of lasagna, probably on account of the topped Parmesan.

Last night, due to pestering from a friend back home, we tried the new dominos pan pizza. We ordered it with extra white sauce and extra pineapple. It was if I was sucking off god and swallowed, it was that amazing.

Last night, due to pestering from a friend back home, we tried the new dominos pan pizza. We ordered it with extra white sauce and extra pineapple. It was if I was sucking off god and swallowed, it was that amazing.
:Hahaha wow, thinking about getting Dominos tonight or just pizza in general

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been making way too many Pepperoni Pizza's lately so I went with sausage this time.

w0wAP.jpg

Friends came into town and recommended a place he Mellow Mushroom. Says fantastic pizza but the place we went was not yet open so we had to go elsewhere. Still looking to go once it's done, but any opinions?

LuffyZoro

Friends came into town and recommended a place he Mellow Mushroom. Says fantastic pizza but the place we went was not yet open so we had to go elsewhere. Still looking to go once it's done, but any opinions?

I always remember the Mellow Mushroom near me having good pizza, but I haven't been there in over a year.

Quake1028

Pizza is good, not great. I'm not in love with their dough, doesn't stand up enough to the ingredients for me. Their pretzels that are made with the same dough are phenomenal. And they are a craft beer lovers wet dream.

Top Bottom