• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

l4c5E.jpg

A local place called Llort's Pizza has this 5 cheese pizza
OH MY GOD I'M GETTING A CHUB JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

GhaleonEB

l4c5E.jpg

A local place called Llort's Pizza has this 5 cheese pizza
OH MY GOD I'M GETTING A CHUB JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

My god that looks good. 0_o

That's exactly the kind of pizza I like the most, cheesy but well cooked.

This is one from last week; my wife made fresh pizza dough and from scratch sauce using basil, garlic and tomatoes from the garden. It was perfect.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm about to order a Seafood Pizza for supper from a place that I know makes an excellent New York Pizza. It will have Shrimp, Clams, and Mussels on it. I think I might add mushrooms on it as well.

Wish me luck GAF!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fuck this thread is killing me.

I need pizza.

Yep, I'm going to get some dough started tonight and feast tomorrow for lunch.

I've had an interesting idea to try to make a 'taco' pizza. Taco meat, use Ortega Mild (or any enchilada sauce) for the sauce, jalapenos, re-fried beans and cheddar cheese. I'm just not sure what to do with the lettuce, sprinkle on top as I'm serving it along with sour cream?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Going on vacation this week and going to be hitting up Chicago Fire pizza. This will be my first time having anything resembling a Chicago-style pizza and I am excited. :eek:

As you should be they are a nice indulgence. I don't think I could eat chi-town style exclusively though. Too much cheese.

I've had an interesting idea to try to make a 'taco' pizza. Taco meat, use Ortega Mild (or any enchilada sauce) for the sauce, jalapenos, re-fried beans and cheddar cheese. I'm just not sure what to do with the lettuce, sprinkle on top as I'm serving it along with sour cream?

Do not cook the lettuce under any circumstances.
I'd probably just skip it, but you could treat the pizza like a burrito wrap and throw in the lettuce along with some sour cream.

Shit. I'm on my diet now so this just hurts to look at.
If anyone wants to try ths out, it's a recipe for amazing cheesburger pizza.

*The exact amounts all vary based on taste and the size of the pizza you make.

-On your crust, you want to 2 parts ketchup and 1 part mustard. How much is up to you but you don't want too much mustard on there.

-Cover sauced crust with cooked crumbled hamburger

-Next, use nacho chees to cover the burger. *I'm defining nacho cheese in this case as a mix of chedder and motz. About 60/40 motz to chedder.

-Any other hot toppings you want on this put on now, BACON and MUSHROOMS being the best options IMO.

-Important! Before cooking, take a half cup of water and mix it with ~1/2 a beaten egg.
Take a brush and brush the egg-wash over the exposed crust.

-Next, take white seasame seeds and sprinkle them over the crust. You don't want a solid layer on there, but light coverage.

-BAKE

-While baking, dice up a tomato, a red onion, and some pickles (pickle chips work the best for size). Also shred some lettuce.

-Just before slicing the pizza, put on diced tomatoes, onions, pickles and lettuce.

-Slice and eat.

*The best parts of this are the seasame seeds and the cold toppings on the hot pizza. Outstanding.

I find that when I eat at one of those Pizza by the slice places I have a bowel movement withing the hour of finishing.

Is it all the grease?

ElRenoRaven

Nothing like a DiGiorno Rising Crust pizza when you are tired and hurting. So damn good. I really do like it better then delivery pizza.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
0Vt33.jpg

Haven't had this pizza (amazing Sicilian from a local joint) in over a year, since I changed my eating habits. Decided I should treat myself for my birthday. Been looking forward to this for weeks. Now to dig in — see you on the other side, Pizza-Age.

0Vt33.jpg

Haven't had this pizza (amazing Sicilian from a local joint) in over a year, since I changed my eating habits. Decided I should treat myself for my birthday. Been looking forward to this for weeks. Now to dig in — see you on the other side, Pizza-Age.

Good God, this is an amazing looking pizza!

Medalion

Banned
Thanks for the subconscious reminder, got some Pizza today, despite I am starting to come down with a potential flu

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My god that looks good. 0_o

That's exactly the kind of pizza I like the most, cheesy but well cooked.

This is one from last week; my wife made fresh pizza dough and from scratch sauce using basil, garlic and tomatoes from the garden. It was perfect.

Look at that hunchback of notre pizza.

Sanjuro

0Vt33.jpg

ixW2oWIGGAZjT.gif

I forgot, were you located in Boston? Umberto?

canonpkioct132003015wr3.jpg

LaRosas in the Cincinnati area. My favorite pizza. Ignore the fries and cheese sticks. That's a picture of the one at a theme park.

zerotol

Banned

Put the chopped jalapeños in the dough so they are in the crust.

notsol337

marked forever
Anchovies, Calamata olives, black olives, and green olives please! Feta on that too, if I'm feeling it. Anchovies are my favorite, but I totally get why people don't like them. They do smell pretty bad.

canonpkioct132003015wr3.jpg

LaRosas in the Cincinnati area. My favorite pizza. Ignore the fries and cheese sticks. That's a picture of the one at a theme park.

That's my favorite place to get them, too! I live in Dayton, but my mom's family is all in Cincinnati and I love getting LaRosa's.

Nabs

0Vt33.jpg

That looks great, where'd you get it from? I love the sicilian slices from Pinocchio's in Cambridge.

VanWinkle

Here's what I made about a week ago. Very tasty. Now, last night I made my first pan pizza (where you pretty much smother the dough and pan in EVOO and spread it out in the pan, basically letting it fry and bake). I was worried that it would burn or something since I've never done it before. But it turned out absolutely incredible. I wish I would have taken pictures of it, but it was gone fast, haha. Next time I will, though.

important pizza questions. Since I'm home alone madly writing assignments for the end of semester, do I get reasonably average-to-good delivery pizza, or wait a couple of hours and stroll up the hill for a bit of lebanese/italian fusion as pictured below?

6257164870_6603e6ee47.jpg

Not my image, the rear pizza (one with tomatoes) is absolutely amazing. It's minced lamb, toasted almonds, fresh tomato, fresh chili, lemon juice and parsely. But it's a little bit pricier, don't deliver, and GF has taken the car for the day. These are the tough decisions.

Chairhome

Just had some pretty great pizza in Orlando. Big Italy on International Drive. My co-worker's husband is from Italy and they recommended this place cause of its authenticity. They have 100 different types of pizza and 50 different types of pasta. I tried a pizza with buffalo mozzarella, good stuff. All the pizzas are done Roman style meaning thin crust. Recommended.

GRIP

0Vt33.jpg

That pizza looks AMAZING. I'm jelly.

coldvein

Banned
digiorno crust is totally wack to me. any of that rising crust frozen pizza doesn't taste quite right to me. (i'll still eat it cuz its pizza but it's probably my least favorite).

it's pretty basic, but red baron frozen pizza is probably my favorite. i used to eat one of their four cheese pizzas most days of the week after school during my later teens. haaaaa.

Top Bottom