• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Desperate for Bayo

All due respect, I probably will never play Korra just because I'm largely broke because of reasons and I don't like the IP, but I'll be eagerly following impressions

Lernaean

Banned
With Korra and Bayo 2 out in October, the only Platinum game in development would be Scalebound. Knowing Platinum there are probably other games at works right now that are not announced. My guess is MGR2 and
OKAMI 2 BY KAMIYA CAUSE I LIKE TO DREAM.

No seriously, can't wait to see new announcements by PG. I can't get enough. ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

MGR2 is a given imo.

So we have Kamiya working for Scalebound, and let's suspect that Saito is working for MGR2.
Then we have Yamanaka free (i don't even know if he's doing anything or if he is in PG still), and Hashimoto and Shirahama just getting free from their current projects.
I think we can safely say that there can be at least one more project going, we'll just have to see.

As much as it would be really inconvenient, the OCD part of my brain wants there to be a PS4-exclusive Platinum game, for symmetry.

And Kojima will lose the X1 and PC money? No way this is happening.
Also, as a rule of convenience, we should support the individual works if they are exclusive, cause we love PG, but we don't really wish for exclusives, you know :p

Desperate for Bayo

All due respect, I probably will never play Korra just because I'm largely broke because of reasons and I don't like the IP, but I'll be eagerly following impressions

I got into the franchise after i heard there is a game from PG in development, but i ended up liking it.
Anyway, if Bayo 2 doesn't keep me exclusively occupied i'll post many updates on Korra here and the OT, rest assured.

Ushiwaka

As much as it would be really inconvenient, the OCD part of my brain wants there to be a PS4-exclusive Platinum game, for symmetry.

I don't see MGR2 being a PS4 exclusive (well at least outside of Japan. The first game was PS3 exclusive in Japan). Sony should step up if they want a Platinum exclusive. Sony Japan Studio could work with Platinum, as it seems that's the way Japanese Sony-published third party exclusives work.
MGR2 is a given imo.

So we have Kamiya working for Scalebound, and let's suspect that Saito is working for MGR2.
Then we have Yamanaka free (i don't even know if he's doing anything or if he is in PG still), and Hashimoto and Shirahama just getting free from their current projects.
I think we can safely say that there can be at least one more project going, we'll just have to see.

I find it hard to believe that Kamiya is working on just one project right now. Dude worked on TW101 and Scalebound while supervising on Bayo 2 and Bayo1 port for crying out loud :/ No way Scalebound is the only project his working on right now :D He's got some surprises, I can sense that through his tweets
tt7H4ZP.gif
:D ( I know we discussed this before, but come one, its fun to assume he's got some surprises :D)

As for Yamanaka, according to his twitter, TW101 is the last PG game he worked on. I don't think his working on Scalebound. It could be interesting to see if he's working on a new game.

Lernaean

Banned

(Almost) Way ahead of ya'.[/QUOTE]

You have done really well i see!

[quote="abadguy, post: 127879280"]Is that art even final? Also if it pissed him off so much , why not get them to change it?
[/QUOTE]

It is just very easy to get him pissed. And if he has to work with MS during development? Very pissed.
I think the only reason he wasn't as pissed with Nintendo is because they gave him free reign.

[quote="Supermanisdead, post: 127889870"]Cool, I added you. Mine is [B]Supermanizdead[/B]

#bayo2onlinemultiplayerhype[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

Lernaean

Banned
There is an article on the PG site, about E3 and especially about Treehouse, written by Kuroda.
I'm on phone so i can't add the link atm but a single search will do.
She was very enthusiastic about the whole deal, give it a read.

Ushiwaka

Is that art even final? Also if it pissed him off so much , why not get them to change it?

Yeah its odd. I thought PG made that art? Don't developers make these arts? How can he hate the art if his team made it? And if his team didn't made it, is publishers making key arts for games normal? Its a really strange situation :/

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah its odd. I thought PG made that art? Don't developers make these arts? How can he hate the art if his team made it? And if his team didn't made it, is publishers making key arts for games normal? Its a really strange situation :/

If it's a joint project, MS can easily have access to 3D models and such. Even if they don't, there are many things the marketing graphic designers can do to alter the intended vibe of the project, starting with the color palette.
Remember that Kamiya was pissed with color swaps of the '2' and the Moon in Bayo 2 cover.
Color changes can change the mood completely.

Ushiwaka

If it's a joint project, MS can easily have access to 3D models and such. Even if they don't, there are many things the marketing graphic designers can do to alter the intended vibe of the project, starting with the color palette.
Remember that Kamiya was pissed with color swaps of the '2' and the Moon in Bayo 2 cover.
Color changes can change the mood completely.

Just how mush of a joint project this is, is what I want to know. Changing the logo is one thing, but a completely different key art is something else.

Hmmm the plot thickens. The logo apparently is also not PG's design.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/506447650674061314

And I must admit, unlike the key art (which in my opinion is not THAT awful), the logo, IS awful compared to the logos of previous Platinum games. Just check the first post of this thread. They are beautiful.

P.S: I found this awesome artwork on twitter :D

And I must admit, unlike the key art (which in my opinion is not THAT awful), the logo, IS awful compared to the logos of previous Platinum games. Just check the first post of this thread. They are beautiful.

The logo is a punch to the eyes, especially, indeed, compared to the amazingly tasteful logos of their previous games. It feels... well, it feels 100% Xbox, especially with that green. Perhaps that's the entire point. *shrug*

Lernaean

Banned
The logo is a punch to the eyes, especially, indeed, compared to the amazingly tasteful logos of their previous games. It feels... well, it feels 100% Xbox, especially with that green. Perhaps that's the entire point. *shrug*

It is the entire point. There was too much green in the trailer too, green neon glow, totally XBOX style.

Golnei

I do wonder how they'll top the final battle from MGR, though.

Hopefully, we can take Bayonetta 2's ending as a reference point as to how Platinum plans on outdoing its previous climaxes. And then they can break those expectations when we actually get MGR2:RR.

Golnei

The notable thing about MGR's finale wasn't the sense of scope at all, though. The real challenge will be coming up with a character that can surpass Armstrong; with a boss fight to match.

Lernaean

Banned
For real tho...

HOW are they going to top that OST? Just HOW?

Jamie Christopherson pls. (Dude's a genius)

And yet, i'm certain they will.
Bayo 2 already has me more hyped than i was for Bayo, and still is a project neglected, cancelled and then resurrected.
Now considering that MGR was a bit rushed and low on budget; an experiment of shorts, imagine what kind of game we could have if Kojima went and said: 'well the experiment was successful, now repeat it with a full budget and 2+ years of development.'
Need i say more?

Lernaean

Banned
I was just thinking of this song last night. It's so good.

I hate you all.
I was managing my budget today and it turned out that i can barely make all the purchases i want from now till Christmas, and now i realized i forgot to include this OST. Now i have to cut something.
Fuck the poor, right? :(

Regiruler

A Metal Gear that's half the size of Jergingha (meaning it's still pretty huge).
You have to remember that for Jergingha the scale was increased due to you piloting gah-goojins.

So unless raiden gets a metal gear of his own there's no way the boss is jergingha sized (or even half).

You have to remember that for Jergingha the scale was increased due to you piloting gah-goojins.

So unless raiden gets a metal gear of his own there's no way the boss is jergingha sized (or even half).

Yep, I was going to say that Jergingha is ridiculously huge (221 Km!) for a remotely realistic game to have anything even 1/00 his size. :D He's an shout out to Unicron, after all.

Lernaean

Banned
An enhanced superhuman like Armstrong, but with a more aggressive, better designed fight-style, would be more interesting than a giant mech to me.
I think that the fact that Metal Gears were earlier and easier bosses than a human, makes that fight even more badass and fits the style of the game better.
But that's me.

Top Bottom