• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ushiwaka

Thanks for that, it does sound interesting.

About Sega now, i wouldn't be so optimistic.
Everything they have done is investing little money to earn much. I hate to ruin the fun (again) but don't expect them to fund a PG game unless Bayo 2 sells good, and even then it still would be a longshot.
It is good we are getting an OST though.

T__T

I know I know :( Dreaming about it feels good tho :(

I think they want to focus on MGSV for now and then announce Rising to mantain a sort of commercial continuity for the brand.It's MGSV time now but hey Kojima announced SHs too (maybe because that's not MG related).

The bold part is why I think he will reveal MGR2 soon. Kojima wasn't afraid of revealing SH. He knows that we know that he can handle multiple projects at the same time :D

Don't get me wrong Ushi, i DO want a Rising 2 announcement by
a C.T(cutable teaser)

GOD. I hope Kojima does an awesome trick for revealing MGR2. Something as insane as P.T.

Ser Goje

Actually the God Hand team is part of P* so who knows, maybe we'll see the GH successor one day.

I know, i think they were part of the RE4 team too. But the chances of it happening are down to almost 0 percent because of the poor sales and Capcom's new direction.

But yeah, who knows, we can dream. That's what P* is all about.

Ser Goje

Two P* games on the same month.So good.

Don't forget to post your impressions on this thread after you've played Bayonetta 2. Unfortunately, Youtube videos are the closest I can get to it.

SWEET! :D

Did anyone even claim the OT in the OT thread? I would love to do it, but I don't know anything about the show.

How do you claim ? it seems like I should know this stuff after a year.

We can do it together.

Edit : Someone's claimed but he's banned now, so good!

I'm making the Korra OT thread, I just need to stay unbanned.

swwBo.png

Ushiwaka

I want a Okami sequel ;__; Issun promised he would tell us more of Amaterasu's adventures ;___; Capcom please ;___; Get Kamiya to make Okami 2 ;______;

Lernaean

Banned
I want a Okami sequel ;__; Issun promised he would tell us more of Amaterasu's adventures ;___; Capcom please ;___; Get Kamiya to make Okami 2 ;______;

I think you went senile my old and dear friend.
Capcom right now can't get the developers they own make games they already have announced.
Your cause is noble but i don't expect Capcom getting Itsuno to make another DMC, let alone getting a third party developer, and with the history between PG and Capcom, to make a sequel to a very much loved but averagely sold game.

I'm so sorry :p

Ushiwaka

I think you went senile my old and dear friend.
Capcom right now can't get the developers they own make games they already have announced.
Your cause is noble but i don't expect Capcom getting Itsuno to make another DMC, let alone getting a third party developer, and with the history between PG and Capcom, to make a sequel to a very much loved but averagely sold game.

I'm so sorry :p

6.gif

LET ME DREAM

;________;

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just learned about that "Operation Platinum" thing
Where were those assholes when The Wonderful 101 came out?
Oh right... GTA V...
(Happy belated 1st Anniversary Wonderful 101)

Lernaean

Banned
Oh right... GTA V...

If i tell you you are wrong about anything in this post, i'd be a hypocrite.
Yeah, happy birthday one of the best action games ever, bought by almost no one.

Okami was already a trilogy in itself. And tbh, I didn't really like it very much. It was quite repetitive and dragged on for long stretches. Interesting concept and artstyle, but it was a pretty bad Zelda clone. Sorry.
iZv3Tv8OKVbdd.gif

Lernaean

Banned
Okami was already a trilogy in itself. And tbh, I didn't really like it very much. It was quite repetitive and dragged on for long stretches. Interesting concept and artstyle, but it was a pretty bad Zelda clone. Sorry.
iZv3Tv8OKVbdd.gif

Well Zelda games are better Zeldas than Okami, that's true.
It was a beautiful game on its own still.

schlew

Oh right... GTA V...

I think the aim of Operation Platinum is to sell people on Bayonetta 2, as it's a Mature rated game. In doing so, publishers will see that Mature rated games can have an audience on the Wii U.

I don't really support that message, as I think we should just be buying Bayonetta 2 because it looks rad, not to prove a point. However, I do think the movement is gaining traction as some interpret it to be a "Play Bayo 2, it's fun!" kind of thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think the aim of Operation Platinum is to sell people on Bayonetta 2, as it's a Mature rated game. In doing so, publishers will see that Mature rated games can have an audience on the Wii U.

I don't really support that message, as I think we should just be buying Bayonetta 2 because it looks rad, not to prove a point. However, I do think the movement is gaining traction as some interpret it to be a "Play Bayo 2, it's fun!" kind of thing.

I don't think this should be an "M-Rated games CAN sell on Wii U" thing if that's what it's going for.
People should buy it because it's likely an awesome game. Plus it comes with a free game (the first Bayo).

I don't know... I just think it's a silly operation. The localization ones make sense, but this isn't about that.

Ushiwaka

I want you to be free to soar through the clouds, i'll just be here to take you back to the ground before you go too high and burn your wings :)

Ok that was deep :/ :D

iZv3Tv8OKVbdd.gif

I've never played a Zelda game (well except ten minutes of OoT, but I never got to REALLY play it) and heard many people say Okami is a better Zelda than some Zeldas or its not a good Zelda at all, but to me, its just an awesome and unique experience. Not gameplay wise (not saying it has a bad gameplay or anything) Just the story, the characters, the setting and atmosphere, all are unique and beautiful. The ending is perfect. When
all the villagers and all the people we helped pray for Amaterasu
, it always makes me cry :( It has a feeling that no game has.

Out of the three Clover IPs, if I had to pick one game to have a sequel, I would definately pick Okami. I want to meet Ammy, Issun and Ushiwaka again ;___;

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
I was hoping for something like the 12th, but I guess I should just be happy that it even exists and is still being released in october.

Ushiwaka

With Korra and Bayo 2 out in October, the only Platinum game in development would be Scalebound. Knowing Platinum there are probably other games at works right now that are not announced. My guess is MGR2 and
OKAMI 2 BY KAMIYA CAUSE I LIKE TO DREAM.

No seriously, can't wait to see new announcements by PG. I can't get enough. ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

Andrew J.

With Korra and Bayo 2 out in October, the only Platinum game in development would be Scalebound. Knowing Platinum there are probably other games at works right now that are not announced. My guess is MGR2 and
OKAMI 2 BY KAMIYA CAUSE I LIKE TO DREAM.

No seriously, can't wait to see new announcements by PG. I can't get enough. ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

As much as it would be really inconvenient, the OCD part of my brain wants there to be a PS4-exclusive Platinum game, for symmetry.

Top Bottom