• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nemmy

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw how Bayo's intervention was acted out in that real life storyboard.

Those cutscenes are looking pretty sick by the way. I guess we won't see anymore film tape stills in 2, right?

Ushiwaka

GAF.... GAF hold me!

My very good friend told me that he might lend me his Wii U so I could play Bayo 2!

7xGqJ9G.gif

Good people still exist! It probably won't be near launch but holy shit I'll get to play Bayo 2! You guys can't believe how happy I am right now :) My heart is racing :)

I've been avoiding Bayo 2 trailers for so long cause I knew I couldn't afford a Wii U and couldn't play the game, but now I don't know where to start watching the trailers!

Nemmy

GAF.... GAF hold me!

My very good friend told me that he might lend me his Wii U so I could play Bayo 2!

That's great news Ushi! I think I can imagine how happy you must be :D I'd be running in circles and making strange noises at this point :D

Ser Goje

So basically I'm the only one here who doesn't get to play it right?

I'm starting to question my decisions in life.

Anyways, Great news Ushi, congratz :)

Ushiwaka

Great news Ushi, i'm very happy that you'll be part if the hype!

;___;7 Thanks man :D

:( :( :(

===

Question, does Wii U have a share/record feature like PS4/X1? I was thinking we could make this thread a little more technical with combo videos and learn how to play more awesome/stylish/crazy.

My first video probably would be Korra on my PC (I don't have Rising on PC) but I was wondering if Wii U has share feature too so we could share Bayo 2/TW101 vids.

If anyone here made a combo video of any Platinum game, it would be awesome if you could share it with us :)

I'll try to preorder my First Print tomorrow when they open.

Haha yeah that sums up my excitement right now! XD

Congratulations! You honestly and truly deserve it. :)

If you're willing to visit Madrid (Spain) and can prove you're not a serial killer or something, I'll let you play my copy. :)

Nemmy

Question, does Wii U have a share/record feature like PS4/X1? I was thinking we could make this thread a little more technical with combo videos and learn how to play more awesome/stylish/crazy.

My first video probably would be Korra on my PC (I don't have Rising on PC) but I was wondering if Wii U has share feature too so we could share Bayo 2/TW101 vids.

If anyone here made a combo video of any Platinum game, it would be awesome if you could share it with us :)

I like your idea. I often wish there was more technical discussion on GAF, and this thread seems to be a perfect place for it :D

I was thinking about recording some Rising on PC once, but I wasn't even sure if my rig could record at an acceptable framerate... and then my GPU broke and I gave up on the idea entirely :p. But Korra sounds like a good idea, though I have no idea when I'm going to play it with Bayo 2 just around the corner.

With that said, I guess even if we can't stream Bayo 2 videos, maybe we'll get to play some co-op at least! I'm really curious about that mode.

Lernaean

Banned
With that said, I guess even if we can't stream Bayo 2 videos, maybe we'll get to play some co-op at least! I'm really curious about that mode.

Co-op will actually be the perfect training ground.
We should exchange NNIDs and have regular sessions.

Ushiwaka

Congratulations! You honestly and truly deserve it. :)

You did it Ushi! ç___ç
Don't watch any trailers!We're almost there,resist!

Tag ClimaxGAF will be amazing.

:)

I like your idea. I often wish there was more technical discussion on GAF, and this thread seems to be a perfect place for it :D

I was thinking about recording some Rising on PC once, but I wasn't even sure if my rig could record at an acceptable framerate... and then my GPU broke and I gave up on the idea entirely :p. But Korra sounds like a good idea, though I have no idea when I'm going to play it with Bayo 2 just around the corner.

Yeah it was about time we get more technical :D There are some good sources on the net about character action games. They're pretty useful for becoming more stylish. This one is pretty neat:

http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/CUHRAYZEE_GAMES_GENERAL_Wiki

Yeah its made by 4chan, but I think its the only place that covers all the games in the genre.

I'll get my hands on Korra way sooner than Bayo 2, so I will have plenty of time to spend on Korra and I'll post some vids or maybe stream it. With two new Platinum games releasing pretty soon, I hope we can post some awesome combo vids here :D

Recording is surprisingly viable with the right software and settings. I was banging my head trying to get video that didn't take several GB AND was nigh unwatchable, until I found this:
https://obsproject.com/
Even with my six year old computer, I was able to record buttery smooth video... off Spelunky, which admittedly isn't an AAA 3D game, but still, it shouldn't be much worse with those. Give it a try, it's free and open-source.

Lernaean

Banned
Recording is surprisingly viable with the right software and settings. I was banging my head trying to get video that didn't take several GB AND was nigh unwatchable, until I found this:
Even with my six year old computer, I was able to record buttery smooth video... off Spelunky, which admittedly isn't an AAA 3D game, but still, it shouldn't be much worse with those. Give it a try, it's free and open-source.

Well, Korra doesn't look very demanding either. I think it might do.

Edit: I also just got the most idiotic pm about Bayonetta 2's image quality. I'm gonna keep it forever so i'll always laugh with human stupidity, even if a deadly disease hits me.

Well, Korra doesn't look very demanding either. I think it might do.

Edit: I also just got the most idiotic pm about Bayonetta 2's image quality. I'm gonna keep it forever so i'll always laugh with human stupidity, even if a deadly disease hits me.

Now I'm curious :D. Can you post it? Just omit its author's name.

cpooi

Anyone knows if MGR:R (Steam) is giftable or code redeemable to people where "this item is currently unavailable in your region"? I don't really want to get the console version when my PC is good enough to play it at 1080p@60 Hz, and I have a 360 wired controller.

I'm from Singapore.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but I never got a clear answer on the specifics of the region locking of MGR:R.

For my Platinum Games fan credentials, I have Bayonetta (360), Vanquish (PS3) and Anarchy Reigns (PS3). For bonus points, I have Okami HD (retail,PS3), and DMC HD collection (360).

Just looking at Bayonetta 2 is a delight. The color palette is so rich and vibrant it fits the artsyle so well. I thought Bayo 1 looked kind of weird but I chocked that to Sub HD resolution (I played on the PS3) but seeing the Wii U version everything was kind of muted. I can't wait to finally play it.

Ushiwaka

Or maybe people are tweeting him much less crap questions?

Nah. People ask him questions all the time. He usually says "sorry I can't answer them" if he's busy or there are too many questions. Even if that's the case, he always has some tweets about retro games. He doesn't tweet about them lately either. I think its the first time in a long time that I saw a 16-18 hour gap between his tweets. lol.

Lernaean

Banned
Now I'm curious :D. Can you post it? Just omit its author's name.

No, it's a bit wrong, but my closer ones might get PMs.

cpooi, i'm sorry buddy, but i'm pretty sure that if it's not available to your region for any reason (banned, etc), even if someone gives it to you as a gift, you're gonna have trouble.
I'm not 100% though. I suggest you ask on a Steam thread here in GAF and you might get your answer.

Or maybe people are tweeting him much less crap questions?

Or maybe he is too busy working because he has 4 damn projects going, YAY!
I know...

cpooi

cpooi, i'm sorry buddy, but i'm pretty sure that if it's not available to your region for any reason (banned, etc), even if someone gives it to you as a gift, you're gonna have trouble.
I'm not 100% though. I suggest you ask on a Steam thread here in GAF and you might get your answer.

The reason is simply Konami Asia hating Steam. I'll try the Steam threads though. Thanks.

Feindflug

Just looking at Bayonetta 2 is a delight. The color palette is so rich and vibrant it fits the artsyle so well. I thought Bayo 1 looked kind of weird but I chocked that to Sub HD resolution (I played on the PS3) but seeing the Wii U version everything was kind of muted. I can't wait to finally play it.

PS3 version of Bayo 1 was 720p but yeah Bayo 2 looks so much more vibrant mainly due to the big improvement in lighting when compared to Bayo 1, can't wait to play this beauty (even though pre-orders are not up yet for us here in Greece).

BTW I started a third playthrough on TW101 to find all the unlockables/secrets that I missed and what an excellent game that is, so much fun and the amount of content is insane. TW101 is a truly special game and one of the most unique action games ever and that's one of the reasons I love it so much.

Nemmy

I gave it a try today with MGR and it's miles better that Fraps already. The game took no performance hit whatsoever, but the 60fps video ended up choppy at times - I guess I'll need to fiddle with the settings for a bit, maybe I've overdone it with the bitrate or something.

Anyway a great find man, thanks a lot for sharing it :)

PS3 version of Bayo 1 was 720p but yeah Bayo 2 looks so much more vibrant mainly due to the big improvement in lighting when compared to Bayo 1, can't wait to play this beauty (even though pre-orders are not up yet for us here in Greece).

BTW I started a third playthrough on TW101 to find all the unlockables/secrets that I missed and what an excellent game that is, so much fun and the amount of content is insane. TW101 is a truly special game and one of the most unique action games ever and that's one of the reasons I love it so much.

Really? I thought the PS3 version was a lower Resolution than the 360 version, which is why that version is better?

Nemmy

Really? I thought the PS3 version was a lower Resolution than the 360 version, which is why that version is better?

I dunno about resolutions, but the PS3 version was ported from the X360 (by Sega, I think) and had slow framerate and loading times, with a bonus of blander colors and worse image quality overall.

I gave it a try today with MGR and it's miles better that Fraps already. The game took no performance hit whatsoever, but the 60fps video ended up choppy at times - I guess I'll need to fiddle with the settings for a bit, maybe I've overdone it with the bitrate or something.

Anyway a great find man, thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Sure thing! I did have to fiddle with the settings for a bit. I THINK these are the ones I settled upon, unless I messed with them afterwards (unlikely).

Anyone knows if MGR:R (Steam) is giftable or code redeemable to people where "this item is currently unavailable in your region"? I don't really want to get the console version when my PC is good enough to play it at 1080p@60 Hz, and I have a 360 wired controller.

I'm from Singapore.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but I never got a clear answer on the specifics of the region locking of MGR:R.

For my Platinum Games fan credentials, I have Bayonetta (360), Vanquish (PS3) and Anarchy Reigns (PS3). For bonus points, I have Okami HD (retail,PS3), and DMC HD collection (360).

I think you should actually be OK: I've gifted stuff that was unavailable to a friend on the Philippines. Do ask in the Steam thread to make sure. It might even be game-dependent.

Happy Anniversary! To The Wonderful 101
Hi everyone, The Wonderful 101 director Kamiya here. A full year has passed since the game was released, but I imagine many of you in Europe and Japan were able to give it a try thanks to the recent Mario Kart 8 promotion.

August 24th was the 1-year anniversary of the release of The Wonderful 101 in Japan but, to be honest, since I still receive messages of encouragement from fans around the world on a daily basis, it really doesn’t feel like that much time has passed. I am truly thankful that so many of you hold the game so dearly.

Now that we have the corny introduction out of the way, let’s get down to business. I have some exciting news to bring you today. We’ve been working behind the scenes, trying to find a way to release something many fans have been asking for, and today I can finally announce it: The Wonderful 101 Official Soundtrack is going to get a digital release! It clocks in at a whopping 127 tracks! This would fill 5 CDs, but we are splitting it up into two tidy volumes, each of which you can download for just $10 a piece. With this you can enjoy every track from the game wherever you are.

The sound quality is a step up from the music in the game itself, so even those of you who spent hours in the Sound Test are in for a treat. The theme song for the game, “The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100”, has also been remastered. The game version of the track was edited to loop endlessly, so we got Hiroshi (lead BGM composer) to go back and give the song a fitting conclusion. The soundtrack is the only place you’ll find this version.
The soundtrack will be available for download starting September 15th. If you have any messages, please send them to my twitter:

@PG_Kamiya

Until next time!

Download on iTunes / Sumting.com. The price per volume is $9.99, with individual tracks available for $0.99.

Ushiwaka

Nice!
Is Platinum releasing this or Nintendo? Seems like Platinum is releasing this by itself.

The soundtrack will be available for download starting September 15th. If you have any messages, please send them to my twitter:

@PG_Kamiya

Bwahahahahaha. I think we all know whats going to happen.

Proven

Oh wow, this is great. I was impressed when Madworld got a digital release over here, but I haven't wanted a soundtrack as bad since (besides Bayonetta...)

Lernaean

Banned
Nice!
Is Platinum releasing this or Nintendo? Seems like Platinum is releasing this by itself.

They pretty much can't release it themselves, Nintendo is involved, it's just that due to low sales and fanbase, a 5 disc OST would be a bad idea if printed, so they release it through itunes.

Top Bottom