• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So, I am near the end of my 1st run of Bayonetta on Wii U (love it!). Before diving into Bayonetta 2, I was thinking of replaying the game on normal, just to get the hang of combat a bit better. I don't think I can handle hard yet. Will my moves and items I have bought continue over to my new save file? Or is that only if I play on hard? I guess I will figure out soon enough, but was just wondering.

Feindflug

His game devils third looks interesting even now, although it gets a lot of hate for being Wii u exclusive. I hope he gets back on track with this game.

I'm not a Wii U hater and Devil's Third at least from what we've seen at E3 looks disappointing at best IMO, from the extremely bland art direction and the bad hit detection to the highly questionable (I would say disorienting) transition from 3rd person to 1st person every time you shoot it reeks lack of focus and polish to a degree that if you showed me gameplay and told me that this is the next Itagaki game I would laugh, going from NGII to this is totally crazy and I'm not saying this in a good way. I hope Nintendo will step in and help Valhalla to polish up the game enough to be a decent game but right now I'm really not convinced by what we saw. :(

About the NG franchise with Hayashi behind the wheel I think it's pretty much dead. He fucked up the series with the abomination that NG3 was and even when he got his chances with two already excellent entries in the series with the Sigma spin-offs he fucked it up and let's not talk about how the whole Yaiba idea/collaboration turned out...Hayashi clearly doesn't have what it takes and he slowly turns a highly respected series into a joke so unless a new director comes up I'm not anticipating anything worthwhile again from the series.

Lernaean

Banned
Agreed with this ^^
Devil's Third might end up super polished and great, but what we've seen already is not even meh. It's straight up bad.
Here's hoping Nintendo helps to make it somewhat decent.

I'm not a Wii U hater and Devil's Third at least from what we've seen at E3 looks disappointing at best IMO, from the extremely bland art direction and the bad hit detection to the highly questionable (I would say disorienting) transition from 3rd person to 1st person every time you shoot it reeks lack of focus and polish to a degree that if you showed me gameplay and told me that this is the next Itagaki game I would laugh, going from NGII to this is totally crazy and I'm not saying this in a good way. I hope Nintendo will step in and help Valhalla to polish up the game enough to be a decent game but right now I'm really not convinced by what we saw. :(

About the NG franchise with Hayashi behind the wheel I think it's pretty much dead. He fucked up the series with the abomination that NG3 was and even when he got his chances with two already excellent entries in the series with the Sigma spin-offs he fucked it up and let's not talk about how the whole Yaiba idea/collaboration turned out...Hayashi clearly doesn't have what it takes and he slowly turns a highly respected series into a joke so unless a new director comes up I'm not anticipating anything worthwhile again from the series.

There are lot of flaws in the demo but the game has some interesting stuff like blending TPS with melee, running on the wall etc. If Nintendo and valalla work on it to remove all the technical & design issues and provide stable online it would be great. I don't expect it to sell well but at least itagaki can come into light once again with this.

Akiller

poll for best kamiya tweet

There's no need for that, we already have a winner tweet:
tUt303q.jpg

tumblr_mpzis7j2tD1sogqcfo1_500.gif

Feindflug

I'm just not a pop person so I don't really feel Tomorrow is Mine.

Rising's soundtrack is fucking ace though.

I'm not a pop person too but I like it. :p

Now about which is my favorite OST...hmmm that's a tough one since they're all great and quite unique, If I had to choose I'd say TW101's followed by Rising's maybe. TW101's OST has a special place in my heart, it makes me feel pumped and full of energy.

Of course Anarchy Reigns, Bayonetta & Vanquish (I don't remember Madworld's tracks well enough though) have awesome soundtracks too, putting so much care to the music is basically one more reason to love their games.

Golnei

I'm probably not going to bother with the demo. At this point, I want absolutely no contact with anything related to the game until the day of release.

I'm probably not going to bother with the demo. At this point, I want absolutely no contact with anything related to the game until the day of release.

It's very short (especially compared to former P* demos) and anyway it's all content that's been shown quite often. So you won't be spoiled but also might not even want to bother. That said, game is exactly how it looks: classic P* bliss.

Lernaean

Banned
Demo is excellent guys, just awesome.
Short, gameplay we've seen a million times over by now (
jet, train, Gomorrah fight
) but it plays amazingly, better than i thought.
I missed the witch so much.

Coda

Oh man! Best news ever. Just as Hyrule Warriors was starting to get boring for me, this demo will be my savior for the next 2 weeks.

TEJ

The bayonetta 2 demo was the most amazing game I have ever played in my entire life

and it was just a demo

of the fucking prologue

Guru-Guru

Banned
I beat the 1st Bayonetta. Part of me wants to replay it right away, as I was starting to actually get better and string combos together near the end. On the other hand, after seeing all the footage of the 2nd, I REALLY want to play it after work tonight!

Feindflug

Demo is excellent guys, just awesome.
Short, gameplay we've seen a million times over by now (
jet, train, Gomorrah fight
) but it plays amazingly, better than i thought.
I missed the witch so much.

Yep game looks, runs and plays amazingly good. The lighting is probably the biggest improvement plus the game looks a lot more colorful now, also the frame-rate holds up really well. Overall a great demo IMO.

Only downside is that the wait till release just became even harder. :D

K-A-Deman

So A bunch of top Bayonetta players (including Saur) are starting a new video series about mastering Bayonetta 1 and 2.

The Umbran Arts

Here's hoping every video has a voice clip of Rodin saying "Beautiful".

BBboy20

Kind of funny in the last few weeks I've became more quiet about this game...I really need to get back up to the hype sadle.

And yes, I played the demo (which was 1/3rd of the demo at Comic-Con which I played 3 times of every day I went to the Nintendo event).

Still, seeing her again on my TV and on my couch...(hhmm)...just...
inMCgLCOtcdkH.gif

Demo was fun. I suck balls at everything now, and haven't played Bayo 1 in so long I got nothing but Silvers my first time through. Looking forward to spending a few weeks alone with this baby though.

The OT is going to be a bloodbath. Just a mention of this game seems to cause people's brains to short circuit. One of the most bizarre things I've ever experienced on this site.

My vote for OT title is Bayonetta 2 |OT| Enjoy Your Remasters, We Have a Remistress

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
This demo is too good. I'm pretty garbo at it though, it feels like I can't shoot cancel the strings as easily, but I've only played it once so far, so iunno. Could just be my own lack of timing.

Lernaean

Banned
I will join the ranks of shame and admit that i'm pure garbage too. Only got a couple of Platinum runs and no PP. In my defence, i got a strained tendon that hurts like a motherfucker (thanks Smash!) and i hope it will be ok until Bayo 2 releases, but with TEW releasing today, i highly doubt it.
Fuck this month :p

Coda

I will join the ranks of shame and admit that i'm pure garbage too. Only got a couple of Platinum runs and no PP. In my defence, i got a strained tendon that hurts like a motherfucker (thanks Smash!) and i hope it will be ok until Bayo 2 releases, but with TEW releasing today, i highly doubt it.
Fuck this month :p

It's okay, I think if you get even Gold you are still doing fairly well. It's nice to just play through the game and enjoy it without worrying too much about it and in the process you get to master the game. It's how the evolution of the game works for me.

Plus yeah I agree, this game can make your hands cramp like a crazy if you play too long. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Lernaean

Banned
It's okay, I think if you get even Gold you are still doing fairly well. It's nice to just play through the game and enjoy it without worrying too much about it and in the process you get to master the game. It's how the evolution of the game works for me.

I agree, i always do a full playthrough and then master it mission by mission. I just hope i'll PP the demo before the game releases :p

Guru-Guru

Banned
Just beat chapter 12. This game is amazing, definitely going to end my GotY. I'm looking forward to my 2nd play through soon. In theory, I will at least know enemy attack patterns better and should be able to get hire rankings on missions. Also, I am now a fan of short hair Bayonetta. I have been converted!

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
aaaaaaww yeah, that platinum storm is'a coming next week. Expect a heavy downpour of sick ass combos, wacky weapons, and great boss fights.

There will be no survivors.

Top Bottom