• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
the_legend_of_korra_by_allgamesbeta-d7sbnlo.gif

"10 hits"

Lernaean

Banned
Probably i will only be able to get the ps3 version, hope it's good.
I've a Vaio too, will i be able to run it?

Man, seriously invest on a half decent gaming PC. You know i hate being a dick (it just comes naturally), but all 3 current consoles are so bad, spec wise, that it makes no sense playing any multiplat on them.
I always knew it but it really hit me now with TEW. I see half the internet whining about this game's performance, and those that play it on PC, just smoothly sailing through it. It's not even funny anymore.

Akiller

I know Lerny,i fucking know.
I am trying to save the money for investing in a PC but there are some difficulties: first the money,second my parents will probably try to stop me(they already complained when i bought the WiiU,now think how they'll react for a 800+ € PC ).

Gamer's life is hard sometimes.

Man, seriously invest on a half decent gaming PC. You know i hate being a dick (it just comes naturally), but all 3 current consoles are so bad, spec wise, that it makes no sense playing any multiplat on them.
I always knew it but it really hit me now with TEW. I see half the internet whining about this game's performance, and those that play it on PC, just smoothly sailing through it. It's not even funny anymore.

Seconded. For me, the fact that my PC was built before I bought my PS3 OR X360 makes it even more obvious. Replaying Dark Souls on HD / 60 FPS (thanks Durante) was like playing a different game (I actually enjoyed Blightown!).

You don't need to spend 800$ either, not even close. You can probably build a PC that can play any multiplat game at 60/1080 for like 300/400$.

Unit24

Damn, I still haven't even managed to finish watching Avatar: TLA. I want to play Korra, but I'm worried that it'll spoil stuff for the first two seasons, as well as Avatar. Hopefully it will be enough of a standalone story for that not to matter.

Also, I have a crazy idea. Korra is available for pre-order on both PSN and XBL, but not Steam. What if it's so they can kick off the Steam Fall Sale with Korra, like they did with Revengeance in the Winter Sale?

Lernaean

Banned
I know Lerny,i fucking know.
I am trying to save the money for investing in a PC but there are some difficulties: first the money,second my parents will probably try to stop me(they already complained when i bought the WiiU,now think how they'll react for a 800+ € PC ).

Gamer's life is hard sometimes.

Seconded. For me, the fact that my PC was built before I bought my PS3 OR X360 makes it even more obvious. Replaying Dark Souls on HD / 60 FPS (thanks Durante) was like playing a different game (I actually enjoyed Blightown!).

You don't need to spend 800$ either, not even close. You can probably build a PC that can play any multiplat game at 60/1080 for like 300/400$.

Sweet,but we have to consider next-gen multiplat games too i guess.

You know, it's my opinion, and some pure PC gamers could jump on me for this but i always buy parts that are good enough spec wise, and ofc cheaper in price.
If you buy a 800Euro PC as you say, it can be obsolete in a couple of years.
I prefer cheaper alternatives. The PC will be obsolete again in a couple of years but it will be more affordable for me to upgrade.
Once, when i was 19, and i can assure you that was a very long time ago, i got a 3000Euro PC, as i was working as an animator and i wanted a very powerful rig.
It ended up being obsolete a couple of years and a software upgrade later. Ever since my workstations were closer to 800Euro, and my gaming rigs close to 600. And yes, you can have a very decent rig with 600 and a good enough with 400. You have to be smart, make a good market search and find parts that are needed for what you want, and not the best ones currently available, as they become useless very soon.
Also, a good monitor will get you a long way. Mine's 5 years old.

BBboy20

Nothing :D I wish I could help >.<

Love your avatar btw :D
I never expected Truway to respond.

The background was suppose to be transparent but for whatever reason, this site doesn't see it that way so I tried to be a bit creative.

Also, a good monitor will get you a long way. Mine's 5 years old.
Try 17.

Also: THE WEEK OF PLATINUM IS HERE!!!!

Aww yeah, looks like Korra Pre-Loads are downloading now. Even with my shitty internet, it should be done downloading by the time it unlocks.

TimmiT

Is Bloody Fate actually any good?

The plot stays true to the game (meaning that it sucks), it just changes locations a few times. They managed to put plenty of enemies from the game into the movie, but they did so by having Bayonetta just defeat them all without effort. So it's not that great.

Anyone here pkays Anarchy Reigns online? The servers are on? Lots of people playing? Wanna meet up?

I don't even think you're gonna get a game going, last time a buddy and I tried the game, it would even let us start a match, like at all, we tried like a BILLION times too

Edit: Also i JUST now thought to look for a thread like this, Hi everybody!! :)

Coda

I have mine pre-ordered at my local gamestop. I'm gonna flip my shit if for some reason they don't get the shipment that day. It happened to me once or twice on a release date game. They said it'd be in but I don't trust them. ;)

Pre-ordered mine through Gamestop's website and they still haven't shipped it out...i think its safe to say this is the last time i order through their online store

Regiruler

I know I'm a terrible person, but since I currently don't have my console (it's at home) I'm going to wait and see if there is a decent Bayo 2 deal between now and thanksgiving.

I've failed you platinumGAF.

I didn't preorder Bayo. I'm hoping to just pick it up Friday on my way home along with a pro controller. I really hope Gamestop hasn't ordered only 2 copies.

Nemmy

I know I'm a terrible person, but since I currently don't have my console (it's at home) I'm going to wait and see if there is a decent Bayo 2 deal between now and thanksgiving.

Meanwhile I kept my preorder even though I know I won't be able to buy a WiiU before November.
So between the two of us, the average sanity level is normal.

Lernaean

Banned
Meanwhile I kept my preorder even though I know I won't be able to buy a WiiU before November.
So between the two of us, the average sanity level is normal.

Nah, you are perfectly sane darlin. Regiruler at the other hand is already reported to the Platinum Inquisition.
Good luck with that, heretic.

PS: Yay, one day!

I have mine ordered to a friend's house, since I currently live on a neighbourhood that delivery guys won't set a foot upon. :D Hopefully they deliver it this weekend and I can pick it up.

I didn't preorder Bayo. I'm hoping to just pick it up Friday on my way home along with a pro controller. I really hope Gamestop hasn't ordered only 2 copies.

Well, you have a Shovel Knight avatar, so you're forgiven.

Edit: Also i JUST now thought to look for a thread like this, Hi everybody!! :)

Hey there! Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Ushiwaka

Ok, got Korra today and while its a fun game, I can clearly see that it had a really low budget. I think I'm close to the end and its a solid 7/10 game for me. Hopefully we get a full-fledged Korra game from Platinum cause this game has a lot of potential.

And I can see that Plat-GAF is ready to enjoy Bayo 2 :) I hope I can join you soon! :D

photo_zps02b9bceb.jpg

Just incase people didn't realize how much I love Platinum. :)

OH MY GOD

Dude that's awesome!

Nemmy

Ok, got Korra today and while its a fun game, I can clearly see that it had a really low budget. I think I'm close to the end and its a solid 7/10 game for me. Hopefully we get a full-fledged Korra game from Platinum cause this game has a lot of potential.

Yeah I'm playing it now too and I agree it's 7/10. It's not perfect by any stretch and the budget for it must have been nothing, but it's really fun for what it is.

Though those Naga running segments can go die in a fire D:

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah I'm playing it now too and I agree it's 7/10. It's not perfect by any stretch and the budget for it must have been nothing, but it's really fun for what it is.

Though those Naga running segments can go die in a fire D:

Agree with this 100%. In every single word.

Top Bottom