• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayAsia Lucky Summer (aka Bargain alert!)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if any of you doesn't have kururin paradise and passes at $15, it's because you hate videogames.

drohne

lots of stuff i'm tempted to buy, actually. i've always been curious about tsukiyo ni saraba, and it's $10. goemon 1+2 on gba is like $20...i've already got the snes/sfc carts, but i don't really keep my snes hooked up, and those are great games.

i've already got it, but sengoku blade/sengoku ace for ps2 is $20. sengoku blade is fuggin excellent, and ace isn't half bad.

Danj

I see that they're still not shipping PSP stuff to Europe. Even stuff like $3.99 screen protectors!

aku:jiki

drohne said:
i've always been curious about tsukiyo ni saraba, and it's $10.
Don't be. Man, it's only $10 and you'd still be better off just blowing that bill on like some brownies and a milkshake. The game honestly plays like some polish no-budget game with Disney-ripoff cover art.

bogg

Thanks for the heads up!
Ordered kururin paradise. Should be here around the same time as the ds lite I ordered from them yestarday :)

jesusraz

Thanks for the tip! There are various other discounts, so I just bought:

- Densetsu no Starfi 1
- Densetsu no Starfi 2
- Magical Vacation DS

:)

drohne

aku:jiki said:
Don't be. Man, it's only $10 and you'd still be better off just blowing that bill on like some brownies and a milkshake. The game honestly plays like some polish no-budget game with Disney-ripoff cover art.

you and a couple reviews i googled have talked me out of it. besides, i think it'll be healthy for me to actually pass on a videogame clearance sale for once.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Command Mission is NOT worth it.
That said shit, I almost placed an order a few days ago, check my cart now and all the items have dropped in price. WOO!

Well this is not on sale, but what the hell...
PA.67010.002.jpg

Silent Hill Complete Set
I wish I had money...

hooo

boooy
That movie's a pretty bad example of kururin even if it is a cool boss. The game puts a bird in a constantly rotating helicopter (about 1 rotation every 2 seconds or so) and they have you move through a maze. Think of it like moving a couch out of an apartment with lots of narrow hallways, but you and your friend are drunk so you're both spinning the couch at a constant angular velocity and ya'll still think it's a good idea to move it.

It's a really fun game. The GC version adds analog controls and bosses with some alternate choppers, and paradise is harder since diagonals aren't so easy on a dpad, but still very nice.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I may have to order Stafi DS & Kururin Paradise (which I've been wanting to play forever) if they're still in stock on payday. C'monnnnn don'tsellout.

mutsu

wasting said:
weak sale

There are actually many items on sale that are not in that overview list. You have to dig through each platform's sales & discount section to really find the good stuff.

bluemax

Banned
Kick ass Mario Vs. Donkey Kong is on the list. I've been trying to find it again in English forever and no one seems to stock it. I know the DS one is coming, but I wouldn't mind owning the GBA one too.

Bebpo

Banned
Grabbed Kururin Paradise (enjoyed Squash and I hear Paradise is the better one. Plus Drohne sounded threatening above), Tomato Adventure (I don't even know what this is but people kept listing it in the other thread), and Kaitou Rossou (Sporsk has good taste, so I will give it a try).

Nothing really interesting on the console-front though :\

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hmm, this I believe will do me better than ordering the hella expensive Japanese version of FFX International. But I don't know what I'll do with Korean FFX2, hahah.

bluemax

Banned
Bebpo said:
Grabbed Kururin Paradise (enjoyed Squash and I hear Paradise is the better one. Plus Drohne sounded threatening above), Tomato Adventure (I don't even know what this is but people kept listing it in the other thread), and Kaitou Rossou (Sporsk has good taste, so I will give it a try).

Nothing really interesting on the console-front though :\

I played a little of Tomato Adventure back when it came out. It's some sort of quirky RPG with fruit and vegetable themed settings.

drohne said:
if any of you doesn't have kururin paradise and passes at $15, it's because you hate videogames.
What exactly is this game? I usually respect your opinion on videogames, and am going to make a playasia order soon anyway.

drohne

Billy Rygar said:
What exactly is this game? I usually respect your opinion on videogames, and am going to make a playasia order soon anyway.

hooo's description in this thread is probably the best i've heard. might as well quote it:

hooo said:
The game puts a bird in a constantly rotating helicopter (about 1 rotation every 2 seconds or so) and they have you move through a maze. Think of it like moving a couch out of an apartment with lots of narrow hallways, but you and your friend are drunk so you're both spinning the couch at a constant angular velocity and ya'll still think it's a good idea to move it.

it's more action than puzzle, i should mention -- you look at the abstract visuals and you tend to think "puzzle." and it's amazingly fun and challenging and addictive. kururin is the way and the life.

Top Bottom