• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayAsia Lucky Summer (aka Bargain alert!)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Tsubaki said:
You can't be bothered to look yourself?
It took me a while to figure out how to brows the sale items only. It's pretty confusing, their layout.

Sad_Panda

Ecrofirt said:
You guys should just mod your Gamecube with a switch. It's really really incredibly easy.

I know it would make things a lot easier, but I don't want to open my Pearl White GC. Maybe I'll buy a JP GC for dirt cheap in the near future.

Shinobix : good DS offers are, for the most part, already sold out...not a lot of interesting discounted items now. However, if japanese doesn't frighten you, you could get both Kaitou Rousseau and Children of Mana. Haven't played the first one, but the impressions on GAF were more than positive - and the latter is a neat little Dungeon-RPG. Not quite on par with the rest of the Seiken series, fun nonetheless.

TheTrin said:
Wouldn't that make it "Stafi of Legend 4"?
My Japanese is limited to what I pick up as a game nerd, but "no" seems to translate as of or 's, so Densetsu no Stafi = Legend of Stafi, or Stafi's Legend.

cvxfreak

JoshuaJSlone said:
My Japanese is limited to what I pick up as a game nerd, but "no" seems to translate as of or 's, so Densetsu no Stafi = Legend of Stafi, or Stafi's Legend.

Well, to put some perspective on it:

Zelda no Densetsu: The Legend of Zelda
Densetsu no Starfi: The Starfi of Legend(s)

Sad_Panda

Meier said:
Bleh, I really wanna try Ouendan, but I refuse to pay so much for it.

Same here. Why won't they just put it at a more reasonable price, like 29$ ? That would be an instant-buy for me, and many other people.

Ecrofirt

Sad_Panda said:
I know it would make things a lot easier, but I don't want to open my Pearl White GC. Maybe I'll buy a JP GC for dirt cheap in the near future.

You do know that you can install a switch without damaging the exterior or your GameCube at all, right?

Sad_Panda

There's a walktrough over at GameFAQS that seems pretty accurate...no translation guide AFAIK, however. I'm out of money right now : still, I'm also considering importing it within the next few weeks, if play-asia hasn't run out of stock.

joshschw

Sad_Panda said:
There's a walktrough over at GameFAQS that seems pretty accurate...no translation guide AFAIK, however. I'm out of money right now : still, I'm also considering importing it within the next few weeks, if play-asia hasn't run out of stock.

thanks. doesn;t seem like it would be very fun playing that way though. I'll hope for a localization.

Sad_Panda

Ecrofirt said:
You do know that you can install a switch without damaging the exterior or your GameCube at all, right?

I'm aware it won't damage the exterior of my GC; still, I don't want to open mine in order to mod it. Oh well, I'll ask a friend if I can borrow his console, which is collecting dust on a shelf since RE4 release, and see what I can do with it.

Ecrofirt

Haha, after taking like a half hour to manually dig out all the really cheap toys included in the sale, I figured out how to have it show all the discounted items for me.

Here's links to the lists, both A-Z and by price:

Console Specific:
DreamCast
GameBoy
GameCube
Genesis / Mega Drive
Misc. Classics
Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
PC & Mac
PS2
PSOne
PSP
Sega Saturn
SNES / Super Famicom
Wonderswan
Xbox
Xbox 360

General Pages:
Games: A-Z
Games: By Price

Movies: A-Z
Movies: By Price

Music: A-Z
Music: By Price

Toys: A-Z
Toys: By Price

I really hope it helps someone. I've been able to find stuff much quicker looking through this section than by randomly going through the regular sections and hoping for a deal.

Madame M

Banned
Sad_Panda said:
Same here. Why won't they just put it at a more reasonable price, like 29$ ? That would be an instant-buy for me, and many other people.

Why don't you just suck it up and pay for the best game on the DS? Maybe cut out some crappy games from your diet.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004028136/

$45 shipped is worth it. It's $10 more than Metroid Crap Hunters they overcharge at $35 in America.

Ecrofirt

Sad_Panda said:
I'm aware it won't damage the exterior of my GC; still, I don't want to open mine in order to mod it. Oh well, I'll ask a friend if I can borrow his console, which is collecting dust on a shelf since RE4 release, and see what I can do with it.

I've got a mod guide up on my site if you plan on modding your friend's or whatever:
http://www.nformant.net/GCMOD/

It's the hole method, which as I understand it should be the easiest, but it might cause problems if you use VGA.

Sad_Panda

mdm said:
Why don't you just suck it up and pay for the best game on the DS? Maybe cut out some crappy games from your diet.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004028136/

$45 shipped is worth it. It's $10 more than Metroid Crap Hunters they overcharge at $35 in America.

yesasia can get ****ed, I'm not going to order from them again. I had a lot of credit card trouble with them, (they just wouldn't accept it, even with their email box flooded) and now that those are over, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive...it's been a month now.
Nah, I'm waiting for the inevitable PA price drop. Charging more than 40$ for Oendan a year after its release is pushing it a bit IMO. No big deal if it won't drop in price yet, my huge backlog should keep me busy for a while.

Ecrofirt : thanks, that will be of great help. Now the only thing I lack is my friend's approval :D

PkunkFury

Ecrofirt said:
I've got a mod guide up on my site if you plan on modding your friend's or whatever:
http://www.nformant.net/GCMOD/

It's the hole method, which as I understand it should be the easiest, but it might cause problems if you use VGA.

Thank you very much! I found some other tutorials but none this good. Looks like I'll be picking up Drill Land after all

and Sad_Panda, just bite the bullet and pay the extra 10-15 dollars for Ouendan, you'll be happy you did once you play it. Think of it as being the same price as a new console game, you'll likely get that much play time out of it. With the game's popularity as an import, the price may not drop for a while.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Sad_Panda said:

Retail price was (and probably still is) 4800 yen. Why would they want to sell at a loss? In any case, it's totally worth the money. What's $20 more for the best game on the DS?

Sad_Panda

OK guys, you won :lol I'll try to get Ooendan ASAP. I rarely buy games at full price because they're f'n expensive - over here in Europe, new DS games are at an huge 50$ price, and PS2/GC ones charge at more than 70$...guess I'll make an exception this time. So, DS best game ? Better be the case :)

joshschw

Sad_Panda said:
yesasia can get ****ed, I'm not going to order from them again. I had a lot of credit card trouble with them, (they just wouldn't accept it, even with their email box flooded) and now that those are over, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive...it's been a month now.
Nah, I'm waiting for the inevitable PA price drop. Charging more than 40$ for Oendan a year after its release is pushing it a bit IMO. No big deal if it won't drop in price yet, my huge backlog should keep me busy for a while.

Ecrofirt : thanks, that will be of great help. Now the only thing I lack is my friend's approval :D

Ouendan is actually Play-Asia's TOP selling DS game according to the site. So they have no reason to drop the price. haha I'm also waiting for a drop.

mutsu

Sad_Panda said:
OK guys, you won :lol I'll try to get Ooendan ASAP. I rarely buy games at full price because they're f'n expensive - over here in Europe, new DS games are at an huge 50$ price, and PS2/GC ones charge at more than 70$...guess I'll make an exception this time. So, DS best game ? Better be the case :)

You won't be disappointed.

And waiting for the price to drop is like waiting for Nintendo to go 3rd party.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Woo! Estimated delivery July 12. :D
Totally worth the $30 shipping, haha.

Damn, Starfi sold out, and is now back up at the non-impulse-buy price of £25.

I probably shouldn't spend much when I've got two Bitgeneration games on the way this week anyway.

Sad_Panda

Guess what, Play-Asia's Weekly Special is Densetsu no Stafy 4 (DS), back at 29$90. So, if you missed it, hurry up and get this one before it's sold out again !

Sad_Panda said:
Guess what, Play-Asia's Weekly Special is Densetsu no Stafy 4 (DS), back at 29$90. So, if you missed it, hurry up and get this one before it's sold out again !

Thanks for that, just ordered it.

Play Asia just shipped two Bitgeneration games and Kuru Kururin Paradise on the same day, now I've gotta order this before it sells out. My wallet bleeds :(

Tsubaki

Rocky_Balboa said:
Why is this game so special? Any gameplayvideos around?

It's probably not all that special. The Densetsu no Starfi series is an overhyped "marine action" game that's kinda like an underwater Kirby game, only without the charm and fun. I forced myself to beat the first two games and did not enjoy it at all. Way too easy and repetitive to be enjoyed.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Thanks for thr FYI. Nabbed kururin paradise for $18.30 shipped. I was very close to ordering Starfi, but ended up taking it out of my cart at the last minute.

Ecrofirt

Legend of Starfi 4 is the weekly special? Makes me wish I had a DS. I'll definitely be buying a Lite soon, woo woo new job!

Oh, another thing for you GameCube guys.

If anyone is thinking about making a VGA cable for their GC, you'll want one of these:
Game Cube D-Terminal Video Cable - $34.90

It's got all the wires inside that you need to make the cable, and I've got a guide if anyone is interested.

--
I've been in the market for a 3rd party X360 controller I can use for PC emulation. Anyone try this one?:
NEO Se Advanced Controller (white) - $19.90

It ends up being a bit cheaper than at my local Wal-Mart, and I'm looking for opinions on anything.

Ecrofirt said:
Legend of Starfi 4 is the weekly special? Makes me wish I had a DS. I'll definitely be buying a Lite soon, woo woo new job!

Oh, another thing for you GameCube guys.

If anyone is thinking about making a VGA cable for their GC, you'll want one of these:
Game Cube D-Terminal Video Cable - $34.90

It's got all the wires inside that you need to make the cable, and I've got a guide if anyone is interested.

--
I've been in the market for a 3rd party X360 controller I can use for PC emulation. Anyone try this one?:
NEO Se Advanced Controller (white) - $19.90

It ends up being a bit cheaper than at my local Wal-Mart, and I'm looking for opinions on anything.
You're so helpful! Thanks!

:lol :lol :lol :lol
This thread is getting ridiculous!

Link1110

What did you pay with? I never had any problems with P-A and I order there quiet alot.

Master Card. The card company said that the charges have not gone through yet, so they flagged the 3 duplicates, and is PA tries to collect on them, they'll open up an investigation. Could've just been a mistake, but I figured I'd cover all my bases.

I ordered Kuru Kuru Kururin Paradise (a game I've been meaning to buy for a LOOOOONG time) along with a VGA cable for the X360. I've been meaning to get a VGA cable but not for $60CDN, thank god for cheap Chinese alternatives :D

Ecrofirt

Haha, what the hell is this?

Finder Love: Aki Hoshino

description said:
In Capcom's mix of love simulation, adventure and idol disc, you take on the role as a rookie cameraman and take pictures of the girls in their best look and pose during each photo session. The further you process in the game, you will be able to interact with the hotties and take their pictures, rank them and finally trade them with friends. You will also be able to play a couple of mini fames with your favorite idol.

This 'game' is from Capcom? Haha, that sounds ridiculous. Olimario's dream game.

Ecrofirt

Pedigree Chum said:
I ordered Kuru Kuru Kururin Paradise (a game I've been meaning to buy for a LOOOOONG time) along with a VGA cable for the X360. I've been meaning to get a VGA cable but not for $60CDN, thank god for cheap Chinese alternatives :D

Which one did you get?

VGA HD AV Cable with Optical Output - $8.90

or
VGA HD AV Cable - $6.90
?

I got the $8.90 one because it has optical out if I ever need it. For $2 it was worth it. I'm just hoping the picture quality isn't complete shit.

Ecrofirt said:
Haha, what the hell is this?

Finder Love: Aki Hoshino

This 'game' is from Capcom? Haha, that sounds ridiculous. Olimario's dream game.

Yeah, it's dating game of some sort. There are three different girls and three different games. One being Finder Love: Aki Hoshino and the others one are:
Finder Love: Risa Kudo
Finder Love: Fumina Hara

Fumina Hara version is on sale US$ 29.90. Too bad P-A doesn't ship PSP products to Europe. These seem to be pretty "interesting" games ;).

Ecrofirt said:
Which one did you get?

VGA HD AV Cable with Optical Output - $8.90

or
VGA HD AV Cable - $6.90
?

I got the $8.90 one because it has optical out if I ever need it. For $2 it was worth it. I'm just hoping the picture quality isn't complete shit.

Yeah I ended up going for the $8.90 one cause of optical too (even though I might never use it :p). The $6.90 one had a few positive reviews while the $8.90 one only had one review, so I was a bit hesitant. I hope the cable doesn't suck ass.

kiun

Link1110 said:
Master Card. The card company said that the charges have not gone through yet, so they flagged the 3 duplicates, and is PA tries to collect on them, they'll open up an investigation. Could've just been a mistake, but I figured I'd cover all my bases.

I've had that before. No worries, eventually, they will only charge you once.

Ecrofirt

Pedigree Chum said:
Yeah I ended up going for the $8.90 one cause of optical too (even though I might never use it :p). The $6.90 one had a few positive reviews while the $8.90 one only had one review, so I was a bit hesitant. I hope the cable doesn't suck ass.

Haha, pretty much the exact same situation as me. I even made a thread about it the other day asking if anyone had a review of the $8.90 one.

Top Bottom