• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayAsia Lucky Summer (aka Bargain alert!)

Link1110 said:
How's PA's customer service? Apparently they charged me for my 3 orders twice.

I never recieved a copy of Viewtiful Joe I ordered from them. They made me wait 5 weeks, and then gave me credit on other purchases rather than refund. So...I'm guessing they're not great, but passable.

Drakken

Billy Rygar said:
I got my copy of Kukurin Paradise today, along with my Hori RAP (the thing is pretty ****ing big) and Ouendan. Only took 3 days.

Was that with standard shipping? If so, very nice. I was hoping to get mine by today (ordered Monday), before I leave for vacation, but oh well. I'll just have to play Drill Dozer (which I just traded for).

Bo130

Shinobix said:
I'm also tempted by Bleach DS and Jump Superstars :(

which oneeee?!

Neither, at least wait for the sequel of one of them. If you want one, I personally prefer JSS though.

Drakken: Did you get Nintendo Puzzle Collection? I'm really psyched for it, but it all seems like I can wait a few months a get them cheaper on Virtual Console :/

Link1110

OK, Play-Asia dropped the 3 duplicate charges on my checking account. They then proceeded to put the duplicate of the highest order BACK on the account. Called CC company again.

Next time, I'll Paypal them the money. They can't double dip on that, can they?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Something must have gotten real funky with your order dude, as I order practically every month from them and never have a problem.

NotMSRP

You should definitely ask what is going on. I haven't had any problems with PA since 2003 when they opened. They even handled returns and exchanges which is usually a big problem when dealing with HK dealers.

Link1110

On an unrelated (To my racent posts) note, I got the games in the mail today. Apparently in the FF collector's edition, FFX-2 has an english option, so both o fthe games are in english. No apparent japanese option though (Well, according to the box.)

Band Brothers expansion is in stock; last time I went there it wasn't. Just ordered it. I've played the game for the first time in awhile lately, and it's awesome.

Tsubaki

TheGreatDave said:
Band Brothers expansion is in stock; last time I went there it wasn't. Just ordered it. I've played the game for the first time in awhile lately, and it's awesome.

Daigassou is all sorts of awesome but the expansion is a bit disappointing (song variety & no possibility of saving scores).

Ecrofirt

My order just came in now.

I used Economy Air, and I live in Pennsylvania. I was surprised as hell it made it here this fast!

I'm probably going to go another round at buying some toys before the sale is over. My RE4 figures rock. I was really hoping I'd get chainsaw guy, though :(

The figures are really really great looking though. I got Leon and the big bald guy whose name I can't remember. I'm really impressed with them.

Lee N

Membre
Not a part of the sale, but cool nonetheless. Pricey, but cool.

A limited box of 8 cds containing all music from the Guilty Gear series.

B000B9F2DU.09._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55585092_.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-8l-49-en-84-j-70-yrb.html

NotMSRP

You're the first one, Ecrofirt.

(neutral) mutsu
(07-25-2006, 11:07 AM)
Reply | Quote

Capcom Fighting Jam (PS2) JPN Version for US$12.90 @ Play-Asia.com #174
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...-j-70-4l6.html

Play-Asia's latest weekly sale has this game further US$7.00 discounted.

On a side note, Rhythm Tengoku has been climbing up the Play-Asia charts even though the game is still only a preorder!!!

Ecrofirt

NotMSRP said:
You're the first one, Ecrofirt.

(neutral) mutsu
(07-25-2006, 11:07 AM)
Reply | Quote

Capcom Fighting Jam (PS2) JPN Version for US$12.90 @ Play-Asia.com #174
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2r5a-71-fs-49-en-84-j-70-4l6.html

Play-Asia's latest weekly sale has this game further US$7.00 discounted.

On a side note, Rhythm Tengoku has been climbing up the Play-Asia charts even though the game is still only a preorder!!!

Haha, whoops! I looked at every post after my last one briefly before I posted and everything. I'm at work though, so I guess I missed it in my quick glance.

When I get home, I think I'll post another big list of all the cheap toys they have on sale. I'll probably do everything $5 and under, and I'll post pictures along with it. a $2 toy is well worth the shot at winning a $600 PS3.

Tokubetsu

My stuff still isnt here =(. Shipped last week Monday and no sign of it. Is this normal shipment time? Never thought Itd take this long.

Ecrofirt

Tokubetsu said:
My stuff still isnt here =(. Shipped last week Monday and no sign of it. Is this normal shipment time? Never thought Itd take this long.

What kind of shipping did you use? If you use their cheapest shipping, it can take up to 2 business weeks to arrive.

Play Asia said:
Airmail:

This shipping option is available for smaller shipments with a weight below 2kg. Airmail shipments are carried out through your local post office. Though we ship out all Airmail parcels insured and registered, there is no online tracking facility available for this service. It usually takes around 5 to 14 days for Airmail shipments to arrive to your destination. However, under certain circumstances it can take up to 4-5 weeks.
EMS Speedpost:

EMS Speedpost is the local courier shipment solution from Hong Kong post. The delivery will usually take place through your local post office as well. EMS Speedpost shipments are very safe and usually take only around 2 to 4 days to reach your destination. We will provide a tracking number for all EMS shipments. While there is no global tracking possibility for those shipments, customers can track their parcels online at www.hongkongpost.com as long as the shipment is still in Hong Kong and via the local delivery company once the destination country has been reached. Here are some examples of how to track EMS Speedpost shipments in some countries:

USA - www.usps.com
U.K. - www.parcelforce.co.uk
Germany - www.deutsche-post.de
Australia - www.auspost.com.au
Please bear in mind that the online tracking will only work once the shipment has already reached your country, which usually occurs within 1-2 days after the actual shipping date.

Courier shipment:
For the most urgent shipping needs, we offer courier shipment services via one of the major courier companies, such as UPS or FedEx. Courier shipments usually take just 1-3 days to reach your door step and can be tracked online at any time. A tracking number will be e-mailed to you once your order has been sent.

The last 3 things I've gotten from PA have taken almost 3 weeks each to get here. Before that it used only be a week. I put it down to the crap Irish postal service, but I did go with YesAsia for Mario 3on3 just to see if they'd be any better.

Ecrofirt

Chibbi Brady said:
The last 3 things I've gotten from PA have taken almost 3 weeks each to get here. Before that it used only be a week. I put it down to the crap Irish postal service, but I did go with YesAsia for Mario 3on3 just to see if they'd be any better.
I was thoroughly surprised when my package arrived in a week. I mean it was airmail and everything, so that's usually a good 2 full weeks before I get it.

Tokubetsu

Yeah I picked airmail. Sounds like shipping time varies alot. I live in Florida and its taking almost 2 weeks now. A friend of mine live in Ohio and he usually gets his stuff in a week consistently.

Aaron

Tokubetsu said:
Yeah I picked airmail. Sounds like shipping time varies alot. I live in Florida and its taking almost 2 weeks now. A friend of mine live in Ohio and he usually gets his stuff in a week consistently.
It might have been snagged by customs. That's happened to me occasionally, and can delay it by 1-2 weeks.

Bo130

I'm waiting for Drill Dozer to localize and I got Squash! already :) I bought Nintendo Puzzle Collection for $20, though. Some pretty amazing deals among them :)

zou

I was going to get Wave Race, but then I read somewhere else that certain games require japanese-formatted memory cards? Do I need to get an additional one, or can I use my pal one without the other savegames getting ****ed up?

Oh and is Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi: The Genie & the Amp worth getting?

Bo130

zou said:
I was going to get Wave Race, but then I read somewhere else that certain games require japanese-formatted memory cards? Do I need to get an additional one, or can I use my pal one without the other savegames getting ****ed up?

I know of 3 cases on GameCube

1) Most often; If the game is japanese, use a seperate memory card - it will most like **** up your other save files, as it will format it to read kanji (?).

2) Few; The savefile itself doesn't include any japanese characters - there it won't screw up your memory card - i.e. tLoZ: Four Swords.

3) Almost none; The game will save, and format your memory card (see 1)), but you won't be able to load the save file again. I know of Mr. Driller (GCN), Donkey Konga 1+2+3 that does this.

Be on the safe side, and get a seperate memory card for japanese games.

Ecrofirt

This is the last day of the sale, so I thought I'd bring back the discount lists. Stuff is selling for a great prices, and anyone on the fence may very well have there last chance for awhile to get stuff for these prices! That being said, here's a re-post of the discount pages again. If you're interested in anything at all, this should get you where you want to be very quickly.

---

Here's links to the lists, both A-Z and by price:

Console Specific:
DreamCast
GameBoy
GameCube
Genesis / Mega Drive
Misc. Classics
Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
PC & Mac
PS2
PSOne
PSP
Sega Saturn
SNES / Super Famicom
Wonderswan
Xbox
Xbox 360

General Pages:
Games: A-Z
Games: By Price

Movies: A-Z
Movies: By Price

Music: A-Z
Music: By Price

Toys: A-Z
Toys: By Price

I really hope it helps someone. I've been able to find stuff much quicker looking through this section than by randomly going through the regular sections and hoping for a deal.

Drakken

I forgot to ask this earlier, but is it normal for GC & GBA games from Play-Asia to not be sealed? I ordered Kururin Paradise (GBA) and Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GC). Both games were open already, though everything was inside and it didn't look like anything had been messed with. Also, is NPC unique in that it has a GBA style box (though larger obviously) rather than a regular GC case?

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Some GameCube games come in the bigger box like the one Nintendo Puzzle Collection is in, and as far as I know, no Japanese Game Boy Advance games come sealed.

Drakken

gjb-sensei said:
Some GameCube games come in the bigger box like the one Nintendo Puzzle Collection is in, and as far as I know, no Japanese Game Boy Advance games come sealed.

Thanks a lot; that's reassuring.

NotMSRP

Some GC games aren't sealed? Every import GC game I got came sealed.
Every import GBA game is unsealed. Why is that? Are Japanese gamers honest folks and Ameericans and Europeans are thieves?

mutsu

NotMSRP said:
Some GC games aren't sealed? Every import GC game I got came sealed.
Every import GBA game is unsealed. Why is that? Are Japanese gamers honest folks and Ameericans and Europeans are thieves?

Gamecube games that comes in irregular box size are not sealed.

e.g. Baten Kaitos, Pokemon Box, Nintendo Puzzle Collection, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords.

Top Bottom