• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayAsia Lucky Summer (aka Bargain alert!)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Worst taste ever or best taste?
I got:
Final Fantasy Collector's Edition (Korean, NTSC J) (Final Fantasy X International Plus X2 and bonus glitter crap)
Xenosaga I-II (Japanese, No Region Protection)
Grandia III (Asia, NTSC J)
Tales of Legendia (Asia, NTSC J)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (Japanese, NTSC J)
Woo!

Sad_Panda

Bought the followings :

Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned (Japanese, NTSC J)
Densetsu no Stafi 4 / Legend of Stafi 4 (Japanese, No Region Protection)
Wild Arms 4 (US, NTSC U/C)
BioHazard 4 Collection Figure Vol.2
Tenchu: Dark Shadow (Japanese, No Region Protection)
Kuru Kururin Paradise (Japanese, No Region Protection)
Dragon Quest: Shonen Yangus to Fushigi no Dungeon (Japanese, NTSC J)

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition (Japanese, NTSC J)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (US, No Region Protection)
Genji (Japanese, NTSC J)
Meiwaku Seijin: Panic Maker (Japanese, NTSC J)
Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire (w/ GBA Link Cable & Memory Card 59) (Japanese, NTSC J) ('cause I'm in need of a new GC MC)
Wave Race Blue Storm (Japanese, NTSC J)

Wallet => am cry :(

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
You could let me get that copy of Yangus off ya', since PA SOLD OUT!!!!!!
Urgle.

MrDaravon

RevenantKioku said:
Worst taste ever or best taste?
I got:
Final Fantasy Collector's Edition (Korean, NTSC J) (Final Fantasy X International Plus X2 and bonus glitter crap)
Xenosaga I-II (Japanese, No Region Protection)
Grandia III (Asia, NTSC J)
Tales of Legendia (Asia, NTSC J)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (Japanese, NTSC J)
Woo!

Good ****ing God.

salva said:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-67-49-en-70-1x3.html

so cheap.....can't resist.................is it good?

I think I remember someone posting about it a long time ago, because I remember clicking on a link to that before. Looks kinda interesting, but don't know anything about it.

Sad_Panda

RevenantKioku said:
You could let me get that copy of Yangus off ya', since PA SOLD OUT!!!!!!
Urgle.

Yeah, I checked and PA was sold out of Yangus right after I ordered these babies. Lucky me. Is the Asian version sold out, too ?

Link1110

Does that version of FFX-I have the english option? I've been wanting FFX-I but am unwilling to pay $65+ for an early current-gen game thats hould be greatest hits by now.

Edit: NM, it says english on the site. Ordered.

MrDaravon

blackadde said:
got kururin paradise. gave me an excuse to grab all about capcom / all about snk / sotc artbook while i was at it.

Not to be a downer, but you know that SotC "artbook" is just the strategy guide with a few pages of art at the back, right?

RevenantKioku

Link1110 said:
Does that version of FFX-I have the english option? I've been wanting FFX-I but am unwilling to pay $65+ for an early current-gen game thats hould be greatest hits by now.

Edit: NM, it says english on the site. Ordered.
Yeah but x2 is pure korean. Which sucks 'cause I could at least play through a JPN version, but shit, it's still more for less.

blackadde

SailorDaravon said:
Not to be a downer, but you know that SotC "artbook" is just the strategy guide with a few pages of art at the back, right?

issat so? hm .. i guess i'm gonna end up cancelling it and grabbing another cheapie gba game then. thanks for the heads-up.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
So far, I have the following items ordered specifically for this sale/contest...

- Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Japanese version)
- El Dorado Gate Volume 2
- Famitsu Wave DVD (June 2006)
- Tekken 2
- Viewtiful Joe (Japanese GameCube version)

Drakken

PkunkFury said:
Which Kururin should I get if I've never played one before? Paradise or Squash?

Paradise. It's regarded as the best in the series by most people. Plus, it's cheaper, and you don't need a Freeloader to play it (like you do for Squash, since that's a GC title).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PkunkFury said:
also, as long as I'm importing, do either Bleach DS or Children of Mana have one cart multiplayer??
Yes they do, but Bleach's single cart play takes longer to load then it's online play. :\

PkunkFury

Drakken/jj thanks for the info. looks like kururin paradise is a lock. Now I just got to decide between Bleach or CoM. with CoM being cheaper, but Bleach being better and less likely to hit the US, I'm leaning towards Bleach. I have a 16 hour drive to Boston coming up and we need a good one cart multiplay game :)

Madame M

Banned
Bucchabesu.gif

You know you want Tomato Adventure.

I wrote a nice comment about it on the play-asia website.

PkunkFury

Oh great, just about to make my purchase and I notice Drill Land is on sale as well. What is the deal with this game and Free Loader again? Will I need to mod my Cube to play it, and is modding my cube going to be a problem? I've heard this is the best game to import for the cube

Drakken

PkunkFury said:
Oh great, just about to make my purchase and I notice Drill Land is on sale as well. What is the deal with this game and Free Loader again? Will I need to mod my Cube to play it, and is modding my cube going to be a problem? I've heard this is the best game to import for the cube

Unless Drill Land is different from normal games, it should work with just the Freeloader disc. You'll need a separate memory card as well; otherwise, your regular game data will be erased. You can't have data from games from two different regions on the same card.

At least, that's what I've been told. Never tried it myself.

PkunkFury

Yeah, for most gamecube games that works fine, but I think I remember someone on this board who was crazy about Mr. Driller mentioning that you can't save using Freeloader or something along those lines, and the Cube had to be modded, but is was a simple process. As I recall he even offerred to mod peoples cubes just so they'd play the game :lol

I ordered without Drill Land anyway, I guess I'll try to remember to pick it up next time

drohne said:
lots of stuff i'm tempted to buy, actually. i've always been curious about tsukiyo ni saraba, and it's $10.

Totally worth it for that price. I bought the PAL version a while back, starts off crappy, but I got really addicted to it after the first few levels. WAVES of enemies, no filler bullshit!

Sad_Panda

Yup, if you're using a Freeloader, you can't save your Drill Land progress....that holds me back from ordering it each time I browse PA. Same kind of problem exists with JP Donkey Konga 1/2/3 and Legend of Golfer.

Link1110

Yup, if you're using a Freeloader, you can't save your Drill Land progress....that holds me back from ordering it each time I browse PA. Same kind of problem exists with JP Donkey Konga 1/2/3 and Legend of Golfer.

Just get a memcard dedicated to japanese games. You seem to want quite a few, so it would be worth it.

hooo

boooy
Link1110 said:
Just get a memcard dedicated to japanese games. You seem to want quite a few, so it would be worth it.
So the problem isn't that saving's broken, but that it only wants to save on a card formatted for the Japanese region? Strange, but it sort of makes sense.

Freeloader of course isn't the only way to play imports on a GC. You could get a region switch installed and not have to worry about compatibility issues.

RevenantKioku

I never got a freeloader, I just put a switch in my cube. I need a JPN dedicated card for that, but the time my friend was using a freeloader (granted it was 3 years ago) he was playing SC2 and saving on a US formated memcard, I believe. I'd look into it and make sure exactly before you do anything.

Link1110

Well, I've only played Wind Waker and OoT as far as imports go, but they both require a japanese formatted memcard.

Edit: Looks like Viewtiful Joe does, too. And all the voice is in english. Glad I got this from PA. :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(DS) Densetsu no Stafi 4 / Legend of Stafi 4 for 29.90$

Wouldn't that make it "Stafi of Legend 4"?

Sad_Panda

Link1110 said:

I already use a MC dedicated for JP GC games...but 59 blocks isn't much, and I own over 10 JP GC games, so it's completely filled now, and I'm not willing to erase my precious Mario Golf, Kururin Squash or Shikigami II saves. That's why I ordered Pokémon Box : cheap 59 MC FTW !
Btw, I tried to format a MC and save afterwards with Legend of Golfer and Donkey Konga 1...it still wouldn't save. Using the Freeloader, it just won't work, and I bet it will be the same with Drill Land.
Oh, and is it true that Giftpia won't even boot with the Freelaoder ?

atomsk

Party Pooper
hooo said:
So the problem isn't that saving's broken, but that it only wants to save on a card formatted for the Japanese region? Strange, but it sort of makes sense.

Freeloader of course isn't the only way to play imports on a GC. You could get a region switch installed and not have to worry about compatibility issues.

the saving in Drill Land IS broken. ditto on konga 1/2/3. it's a specific issue with those namco games and freeloader.

the system will ask you to format your card regardless of what region it is in EVERY TIME you boot the game up. and even though you think it's saving, it'll just make you format your card again.

if you've got a mod switch, it's not an issue

bluemax

Banned
Sad_Panda said:
I already use a MC dedicated for JP GC games...but 59 blocks isn't much, and I own over 10 JP GC games, so it's completely filled now, and I'm not willing to erase my precious Mario Golf, Kururin Squash or Shikigami II saves. That's why I ordered Pokémon Box : cheap 59 MC FTW !
Btw, I tried to format a MC and save afterwards with Legend of Golfer and Donkey Konga 1...it still wouldn't save. Using the Freeloader, it just won't work, and I bet it will be the same with Drill Land.
Oh, and is it true that Giftpia won't even boot with the Freelaoder ?

IIRC Giftpia boots with Freeloader but the text is just garbage making it next to unplayable.

Man I wanted that game and Homeland so bad.

Ecrofirt

edit: just added in a bunch more items.

I did some hunting through the toys section to find a bunch of really cheap stuff that's included in this Lucky Summer Sale. It's a good way to enter into the prize drawing for next to nothing in cash.

Here's the stuff I've found, all $2.90 or less:

$0.90
Marheaven Collection Figure - $.090
Naruto Swing Keychain Gashapon - $0.90

$0.99
Henna Ikimono Trading Figure - $0.99

$1.90
BioHazard 4 Collection Figure - $1.90
BioHazard 4 Collection Figure Vol.2 - $1.90
Capcom Fighting Jam Figure Collection Ver.1.5 Gashapon - $1.90
Dead or Alive Ultimate Costume Variation Gashapon - $1.90
Famican Gashapon - $1.90
Gainax Heroine Collection Gashapon Part 3 - $1.90
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Daisuke Jigen - $1.90
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Fujiko Mine - $1.90
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Lupin the Third
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Zenigata - $1.90
Mario Party Collection Candy Toy - $1.90
Naruto Fortune Battle Phone Strap Gashapon - $1.90
Naruto Narukiri Gashapon 3 - $1.90
Naruto Ninja Solution 2 Phone Strap Gashapon - $1.90
Naruto Ninja Stamp Vol.3 Gashapon - $1.90
Onimusha 3 Strap - $1.90
Rozen Maiden ~träumend~ Little Mascot Keychain Figure - $1.90
SR Shining Tears Collection Gashapon - $1.90
Tamagotchi Tablet Candy Case - $1.90

$2.90
Berserk Mini Figure Collection Vol.3: Silat - $2.90
Bleach Soul Mascot Candy Toy - $2.90
Famicom Game Sound Museum Candy Toy Part.2 - $2.90
King of Fighters Gals Collection Gashapon Part 2 - $2.90
Naruto Collection Candy Toy - Day Shade Special - $2.90
Naruto Collection Candy Toy - Konohana Special - $2.90
Naruto Flash Pate Phone Strap - Kakashi - $2.90
Naruto Flash Pate Phone Strap - Naruto - $2.90
Naruto Flash Pate Phone Strap - Shikamaru - $2.90
Sergeant Keroro Character Cell 2 - $2.90
Sergeant Keroro Character Cell 3 - $2.90
Water Game DS Candy Toy - $2.90

Took quite awhile to compile this list, but hopefully it'll help people who'd like to enter but not spend much!

Tsubaki

Shinobix said:
Any good DS offer that I should now of? :(

You can't be bothered to look yourself?

My haul:

Beatmania IIDX 11 RED
Final Fantasy X/X-2 Ultimate Box
Grandia III (Asian)
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song (Ultimate Hits)

Top Bottom