• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Cyborg

Do you guys have problems with the new DS4? My DS4 disconnects sometimes, loosing connectivity.

Anyone else having same problem?

3Dprinted

Neo Member
Hi, just a quick question!
Reading the PS4 Pro Faq
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-the-ultimate-faq/
i found this:
Q: Will the Share button capture higher quality game content with PS4 Pro games?
When playing a game with PS4 Pro features, using DUALSHOCK 4’s Share button will generate higher resolution gameplay clips and screenshots compared to the standard PS4. Specifics will vary by game, but some games will support full 1080p video capture, and screenshots at up to 3840 x 2160 (4K) pixels.
I initially thought that every game could benefit from higher resolution gameplay capture via internal dvr (not talking about live streaming here, just saving clips), but it seems not to be the case.
So, i'm interested in GTA V right now, can someone tell me if clips on PS4 Pro are saved at 1080p resolution in both single and multiplayer?
Thank you very much!

Wireless, it's going to be a bit of a pain getting it wired given how they're in completely separate rooms of the house.

Hmmm.

Well the Pro uses a newer WiFi standard.

That's probably your culprit if they are not that close, I remember someone explained it's faster but more susceptible to interference and being physically blocked.

You can probably tell your router to force the older standard that your OG model used.

I don't know much about that kind of thing but I'm sure someone around here probably does.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Hi guys, does anyone happen to know if the unofficial way of redownloading PT still works? I've just got a Pro but want to throw in the SSHD that's in my base PS4. I don't have a spare HDD to do the backup procedure on, so I was just thinking of syncing everything to the cloud and redownloading everything overnight...

I initially thought that every game could benefit from higher resolution gameplay capture via internal dvr (not talking about live streaming here, just saving clips), but it seems not to be the case.
So, i'm interested in GTA V right now, can someone tell me if clips on PS4 Pro are saved at 1080p resolution in both single and multiplayer?
Thank you very much!
So far I have not run into any game (Pro or unpatched) that does not record at 1080p. The "specifics vary by game" thing likely has more to do with the fact that developers can block games from being recorded by the system, which we've seen for certain story elements or whatnot (in which "Recording blocked" type of message will appear).

Regardless, here is a clip straight to YouTube from my PS4 Pro - beginning with online and then switching to single player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQOAGU-xgLw

Big Chungus

New unit has a loose top lid...or it's just me...

Can someone please try lifting the rear right corner of their ps4 pro and tell me if you hear a click?

LwvbVt6.jpg

dgJSVkD.jpg

I'm really OCD about these types of things...

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Caayn

I have to say that the design has started to grow on me. At first I didn't like the Big Mac design. But having is sit beside the original PS4 makes me kinda like it.

ps4pcaaynbtxcj.jpg

Melchiah

New unit has a loose top lid...or it's just me...

Can someone please try lifting the rear right corner of their ps4 pro and tell me if you hear a click?

I'm really OCD about these types of things...

Just tried it, and it seems to be the same for me. Never noticed it before.
EDIT: No click though, but the corner lifts a bit.

Footos22

Does anyone else occasionaly get vetical blue lines flickering on the screen. Doesn't happen very often but it's done it in a few games now. Worried the graphics card is on the blink or something.

FrankWza

Hi guys, does anyone happen to know if the unofficial way of redownloading PT still works? I've just got a Pro but want to throw in the SSHD that's in my base PS4. I don't have a spare HDD to do the backup procedure on, so I was just thinking of syncing everything to the cloud and redownloading everything overnight...

P.T. is really small so all you need is like a 2gb card or usb stick. Youd have to download everything else but youll get to keep p.t.

Caayn

3Dprinted

Neo Member
So far I have not run into any game (Pro or unpatched) that does not record at 1080p. The "specifics vary by game" thing likely has more to do with the fact that developers can block games from being recorded by the system, which we've seen for certain story elements or whatnot (in which "Recording blocked" type of message will appear).

Regardless, here is a clip straight to YouTube from my PS4 Pro - beginning with online and then switching to single player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQOAGU-xgLw

Thank you very much not only for your answer, but for even putting a video up. Really, really appreciated!

Apt101

I'm looking for a HDMI switch for my PS4 Pro and PSVR (since the VR processing unit doesn't forward HDR - getting tired of swapping cables).

Any good suggestions for US Amazon? I just need a two port switch.

Lifeline

Why doesn't Amazon sell this anymore? I have some Amazon GC saved up and i don't trust the third party sellers on there, and Amazon themselves aren't selling it. They have slim and the Xbox One S, but not the Pro for some reason.

Anyone know anything about this?

Ocho

Why doesn't Amazon sell this anymore? I have some Amazon GC saved up and i don't trust the third party sellers on there, and Amazon themselves aren't selling it. They have slim and the Xbox One S, but not the Pro for some reason.

Out of stock probably.

Lady Gaia

What? I have no problems pulling up the listing.

EDIT: Ah. I see, they only have the listing for other sellers. Curious. Out of stock does seem like a plausible explanation.

Lifeline

I remember checking like a month ago and seeing it was out of stock then too. I assumed it was because it just launched, but it still being out of stock makes me think they aren't carrying it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I remember checking like a month ago and seeing it was out of stock then too. I assumed it was because it just launched, but it still being out of stock makes me think they aren't carrying it.

They have been going in and out of stock regularly. Slickdeals had a whole post when they came back in stock. I think they are selling everything that they can get at this point.

KyleCross

Something concerning just happened. My pro just suddenly lost power. Took several presses of the power button for it to turn back on. It had to rebuild and the error message says it was an error in the system software (CE-36329-3).

JardeL

I don't think this is about demand, looks like supply problem to me. Amazon.com/.de/.co.uk or Sony authorized dealers in my country, all out of stock. Manufacturing problems maybe, I don't know.

Something concerning just happened. My pro just suddenly lost power. Took several presses of the power button for it to turn back on. It had to rebuild and the error message says it was an error in the system software (CE-36329-3).

That's happened to me a few times with my launch model. Maybe half a dozen times in 3 years and it got lots of use.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Jeese, that sounds bad. Thankfully my launch hasn't shown anything like this.

But you should still have it under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, or better yet if you got the retailer warranty, I would recommend having it replaced if possible.

idonteven

same thing just happend to me...hope its not something thats gonna happen a lot now

Top Bottom