• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

jiiikoo

Banned
Has anyone else had any problems with LG TV's when using HDR? I just got myself a LG 58UH635V (US model is UH6350 as far as I know). When I turn on HDR in Uncharted, I got a pinkish/whitish screen that wouldn't go away unless I rebooted my PS4 Pro. After the restart, I tried again and the Uncharted worked, HDR was on and I was able to turn it off and turn on, but when I closed down Uncharted, the same screen appeared.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm eyeballing a 4k tv since I got a PS4 Pro. Was wondering if anyone had this tv model, and if it was good for 4k/hdr gaming on the PS4. How's the picture quality for games and such? I looked at it in the store, but they never have games on that thing, so I feel it's hard to get an idea how it'd look for them.

https://www.vizio.com/m50d1.html

Well I've had my second Pro now for just over a week and this one is faulty also. First one went back because it randomly kept shutting itself off and then upon restarting kept telling me I hadn't shut it down properly (happened about once an hour or so) and the second one is now giving me this all over the screen. So annoyed!

https://youtu.be/kdEjSfPCOh4

Hasney

Well I've had my second Pro now for just over a week and this one is faulty also. First one went back because it randomly kept shutting itself off and then upon restarting kept telling me I hadn't shut it down properly (happened about once an hour or so) and the second one is now giving me this all over the screen. So annoyed!

Damn, skeletons dude.

Yeah, that's just bad luck. Did you replace the power cable after getting the replacement, or did you keep the one you had?

Damn, skeletons dude.

Yeah, that's just bad luck. Did you replace the power cable after getting the replacement, or did you keep the one you had?

I replaced the whole lot I was given an entirely new PS4 Pro. Thing is, my first one did this too before it started to auto shutdown on me, so I fear the second one is headed the same way as the first.

bigol

That's happened to me a few times with my launch model. Maybe half a dozen times in 3 years and it got lots of use.

Same, happened to me with launch model too.Power lost and system software error CE-36329-3. I guess there's something wrong with the system software, nothing about the hardware.

It happened twice to me, once every few months, always when using the web browser, never while using games.

Hasney

Same, happened to me with launch model too.Power lost and system software error CE-36329-3. I guess there's something wrong with the system software, nothing about the hardware.

It happened twice to me, once every few months, always when using the web browser, never while using games.

Did you ever try a full install?

bigol

Did you ever try a full install?

Yes, reinstalled system software via safe mode, tried restore default settings. It worked for months then it happened again some time ago. Going good since then, no issues.

I'm just going to keep it as it is (not in warranty anymore), as long as it's not happening too much, waiting for that Pro upgrade.

chefbags

Just got some fiber Internet for my house. That sweet 160+ mbps is so good lol. Gonna buy a long ass ethernet cable to get the almost 1gb download. My pro purchase is so nice after getting this lol.

Kudo

No signal with 4K RGB but works normally with 4K YUV420, I assume this is the HDCP issue introduced in latest firmware?

Kudo

No signal with 4K RGB but works normally with 4K YUV420, I assume this is the HDCP issue introduced in latest firmware?

GAF momentarily crashed and this message didn't bump the thread, did it even post it? I can see it but "Last post" didn't update.

So I just got a PS4Pro. My launch PS4's disc drive was dying and I got $150 free from BestBuy for getting a new phone so I decided what the hell and traded in my PS4 for $120 and got a Pro.

Thing is, I'm still rocking a 720p (768p technically) TV that accepts and downscales 1080p signals. So what games have a lot of improvements for non-4K sets? I heard that Battlefield 1 runs at a fairly solid 60fps at 1080p on the Pro, the shitty framerate was one of the biggest reasons I passed on the game. Any others?

So I just got a PS4Pro. My launch PS4's disc drive was dying and I got $150 free from BestBuy for getting a new phone so I decided what the hell and traded in my PS4 for $120 and got a Pro.

Thing is, I'm still rocking a 720p (768p technically) TV that accepts and downscales 1080p signals. So what games have a lot of improvements for non-4K sets? I heard that Battlefield 1 runs at a fairly solid 60fps at 1080p on the Pro, the shitty framerate was one of the biggest reasons I passed on the game. Any others?

The ones I've played and can say looked and ran really well: Titanfall 2, Ratchet & Clank (this one is gorgeous), Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, The Last Guardian (it runs really smooth... mostly), Final Fantasy XV. Haven't played The Last of Us or Uncharted 4 because I already did a lot of times on OG PS4 and want to save another playthrough for when I get a 4K TV.

Humdinger

Breakdown of all games with Pro enhancements:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251

720p? Come on, man. That's just wrong.

DrPirate

Banned

Damn it, mine did that about a month ago.... and then it just stopped and it hasn't done it since... I didn't think much about it but now you've got me worried :\

Get'sMad

is this shit with Spotify randomly stopping in the middle of a track and then repeating it confined to the Pro or is it something thats been happening to all PS4s?

I've had my pro for like 3 weeks now and never remember encountering this with my OG. I've deleted and reinstalled the app too and it still happens. Shits annoying.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
is this shit with Spotify randomly stopping in the middle of a track and then repeating it confined to the Pro or is it something thats been happening to all PS4s?

I've had my pro for like 3 weeks now and never remember encountering this with my OG. I've deleted and reinstalled the app too and it still happens. Shits annoying.

Oh I've never noticed this I'll check on my pro too.

Izuna

Banned
Honest question...

I'm returning my Pro for a very cheap Base model that I found on eBay (£60, but broken disc drive).

Is the Base model not as loud as the Pro? Or worse, is it louder? :(

Also, just to confirm, 1080p recording was a Pro thing right?

kaitain19

I don't have a PS4 just yet and I'm considering buying this one. Can you still play PS4 Pro on regular HDTV? Is 4K tv absolutely necessary? I'm asking this because the clerk at a nearby game store seems to think that unless you have a 4K tv, you literally can't play anything.

I don't have a PS4 just yet and I'm considering buying this one. Can you still play PS4 Pro on regular HDTV? Is 4K tv absolutely necessary? I'm asking this because the clerk at a nearby game store seems to think that unless you have a 4K tv, you literally can't play anything.

You can use a Pro with a regular HDTV just fine.

Tyaren

Oh dear... He's completely wrong. I own the PS4 Pro and a 1080p TV and the console works perfectly fine for me and everyone else with a regular HDTV.
A 4K image will in 90% of all games be downsampled to 1080p on your screen, resulting in a cleaner and clearer image, or it will simply output a 1080p signal if an HDTV is detected on your end (The Last Guardian, The Last of Us). Luckily that's not the norm however.

I'm using Spotify a lot on the pro and never had this problem? I'm using Spotify premium btw.

Edit: but I remember on the OG ps4 about a year ago Spotify was bugged and the error that you describe happened pretty often. Thankfully it got fixed

Izuna

Banned
Base model is generally louder.

Well shit.

He's full of shit.

Though I personally don't think the upgrade is worth it in the few games I've tried.

Supersampling works as an Anti-aliasing method.

Omerta

I've had this problem with a Spotify (premium) account on Timmy pro.

I've only tried Spotify once and it stopped during tracks quite regularly. Very annoying.

kaitain19

Thanks, everyone. I finally decided to preorder the Pro after all. It should be here sometimes around February 2nd.

By the way, that clerk I was talking about is a woman. Sorry that I forgot to mention that.

DrDamn

Does it only happen on the home screen or in games as well? If so have you tried changing themes to something standard or non-dynamic? I used to get something similar on some animated themes (LBP for example) and it was fixed in a firmware update.

Cyriades

Got home, deleted Tomb Raider installed data and patches etc, tried playing for a while and after about 15 minutes I'm greeted by you can see here:

s5MBWzi.jpg

(apologies if the image link is wrong, first time doing it)

As I said, I played a fair bit of Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and World of Final Fantasy with no issue. Any thoughts?

This happen to me today on Rise Of Tomb Raider :(

Footos22

Damn it, mine did that about a month ago.... and then it just stopped and it hasn't done it since... I didn't think much about it but now you've got me worried :

Mine does it very occasionally for like a second or two then will be fine for ages. Then do it again. Is very random I should return it but I don't really wanna back up all my 1.6tb of stuff.

cakely

Are there any cool hidden extras to the Pro beyond games? I did see that it will record in 1080p and take 4K screenshots. Anything else?

SATA III, 5ghz wi-fi, rear USB port, and an extra GB of RAM dedicated for OS use.

It also might have a bigger HD if you're coming from a 512GB model.

Oh, and for games that haven't been patched for the Pro, it's really, really quiet.

SATA III, 5ghz wi-fi, rear USB port, and an extra GB of RAM dedicated for OS use.

It also might have a bigger HD if you're coming from a 512GB model.

Oh, and for games that haven't been patched for the Pro, it's really, really quiet.
Are there load time comparisons out for the various types of HDDs in the Pro?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Something I noticed:

If I'm playing Dishonored 2 or Watchdogs 2 and then press the home button to go to the menu, this always causes the fans to ramp up speed once a second to the highest speed then the fans just blow like crazy until I hit the home button to go back to the game.

Anyone else notice this?

Tubie

How big of a jump in image quality was going from 1080p to 4k on your Pros for you guys?

I might get a 4k TV soon and I can't wait to try out R&C and Battlefield 1 in 4k.

Kudo

How big of a jump in image quality was going from 1080p to 4k on your Pros for you guys?

I might get a 4k TV soon and I can't wait to try out R&C and Battlefield 1 in 4k.

Big.
Just recently got 4K TV and even 1080p games look like bliss.

Caayn

What is coil whining and how can you tell if you have it?
It's a high pitch generated by vibration in computer components. This is most common when component are stressed, but it can also occur when running idle but this is less common. If you have coil whine you'll have probably already noticed it even without knowing what it is.

Top Bottom