• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Copper

Other than the lightbar what's different about the new DS4? Better battery life? The build quality seems a little better.

Can confirm uncharted 4 looks really good downscaled to 1080p. The nasty dithering is still there but is nowhere near as obvious. Also the sharpness filter has been reduced.

This is gameplay not photo mode.
uncharted4_athiefsendrds5g.png

uncharted4_athiefsendk1se5.png

ced

So just popped in TF2 to the pro, I thought there were options in either the system or game to do different 1080 modes?

Edit: NVM I see it on the OG

About 38 minutes for 210gb with 1 minute to go.

Hmmm

Doing the PS4 transfer from OG. Everything worked fine but I have no progress bar on the transferring screen.

The PS symbols are animating and this is the right screen, but no bar.

Wonder if that changed with 4.05 firmware.

Arttemis

My PRO had pretty much the same "issue".
Replaced the HDD with my new Firecuda and the noise is gone.
The PRO is completely silent now.

This is the best news in the thread. As soon as my Firecuda arrives, I'm getting a Pro and doing the network transfer, then selling my OG PS4.

Dawg

Can someone with a 1080p TV who bought the Pro test World of Final Fantasy?

The characters look lower quality on my pro compared to standard ps4. More aliasing, kinda grainy...

icespide

Banned
Ok so it's game specific and some games the improvements are just transparent?

some games only have one mode in Pro mode and that will just happen automatically, other games offer several different options and usually you can choose those in game (Tomb Raider, TLOU, etc)

chippy13

Looks like Amazon/Canada Post is going to screw me over for the weekend. Parcel didn't arrive at the depot in time to make today's delivery and they are closed tomorrow for Remembrance Day.

SilverManson

Neo Member
I've tried everything and just cannot get the move controllers to pair with the Pro. They kept starting the old Playstation so I've reset them on the back and all they are doing is just blinking.

Very frustrating

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Say it ain't so, the way my setup is getting to the back of my ps4 is awkward

I feel like I can sneeze on it and dislodge the cord. Thankfully my setup is pretty simple so it shouldn't move around any but I still want to find a replacement.

DOWN

Banned
I guess I'll just go ahead and swap the default 1TB HDD for the hybrid 1TB SSHD right away. Might get the occasional speed boost but otherwise they are the same storage size.

Unknown?

This is going to be a long day at work!! I downloaded the update to USB in preparation to make it faster and didn't realize the file I needed was bigger! I'll have to do that as I'm swapping to my 1.5TB drive, won't take long to dl.

Do I need my pre-order receipt from Gamestop to pick my Pro?
I forgot mine at home and I pre-ordered at a Gamestop on my way home from work (20min drive).

Drewfonse

Both settings work in HDR for me. But yes it switches to 4.2.2. which is what happens when I select RGB 4K. In game

Both settings work in HDR? OK, now I'm confused. I thought HDR was the RGB setting only. I guess I'll go Automatic and hope for the best.

1337Sauce

Just some quick confirmation before I trade in my PS4.

1) Backed up what I want on my USB
2) Deactivated my system as my primary PS4.
3) Formatted the system to factory settings
4) ??? Good to go?

Seeing some stuff about downloading an update to your USB, but I am assuming that this is for people that are swapping drives between consoles. I am not planning on doing this, and just restoring my USB to the PS4 Pro's native drive.

I'm not forgetting anything right?

EL CUCO

Anybody playing TF|2 Pro on a 1080 display that was previously playing it at launch with regular PS4?

Was wondering if the IQ bump was noticeable enough to make it worth picking one up.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Think how many people are currently receiving their Pros and all redownloading BF1 etc they are going to be getting a good hammering right now.

It was mentioned earlier but disable HDCP for the time being. That seems to fix the issue on LG sets.

What I did was go into safe mode, turned HDCP to 1.4 and it worked. I mean, once it showed in my Video Output Information as:

• Resolution: 3840x2160 - 60Hz
  • Color Format: RGB HDR on Your TV 2K/4K
  • Supported HDCP 1.4

It does say this as well, "Currently this PS4 is set to use only HDCP 1.4 When using HDCP 1.4, applications that support 4K might not display in 4K."

So that means, I'm all set, then? (I sure hope so).

M.W.

Just some quick confirmation before I trade in my PS4.

1) Backed up what I want on my USB
2) Deactivated my system as my primary PS4.
3) Formatted the system to factory settings
4) ??? Good to go?

Seeing some stuff about downloading an update to your USB, but I am assuming that this is for people that are swapping drives between consoles. I am not planning on doing this, and just restoring my USB to the PS4 Pro's native drive.

I'm not forgetting anything right?

Sounds like you're good to go.

pswii60

Only had a chance to try Infamous: First Light so far.

There are two options: 1080p with a near-locked 60fps, or higher resolution at an unlocked framerate (with 30fps toggle option).

My favourite is actually the higher res mode with the 30fps lock. It looks stunning, and the detail is absolutely incredible. The benefits of the higher resolution are even more clear with the draw distance - with neon signs in the distance still looking pin sharp with no aliasing.
9 hours to transfer 362GB. Awesome. I'll play it after work tonight.
Took me 90 minutes to transfer 350GB - are you using a gigabit LAN cable?

Top Bottom