• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Data Ghost

Nah. Figure it out yourself. I did.
Haha riiiiiight, ok I'll just have to figure out how to get this fantastical sound through a pair of 3D pulse headphones by having a tinker with ALL those different sound configuration settings at my disposal. Yeah. GTFO :messenger_tears_of_joy:

FrankWza

Haha riiiiiight, ok I'll just have to figure out how to get this fantastical sound through a pair of 3D pulse headphones by having a tinker with ALL those different sound configuration settings at my disposal. Yeah. GTFO :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Another guy who’s angry he had to buy a PS5 because of all the games he’d be missing out on. It’s funny how it never works the other way. ;) it’s only $500 bucks and you get to play exclusives before 2023...youll live

Mr Hyde

I thought the sound design in Demon's Souls was very immersive. Not overhyped at all. Shrine of Storms and Valley of Defilement in particular were very impressive and brought out the best in the Pulse Headset. I'd say it's the best audio experience I've ever heard regarding Sonys first party output (of the ones I've played that is).

FrankWza

I thought the sound design in Demon's Souls was very immersive. Not overhyped at all. Shrine of Storms and Valley of Defilement in particular were very impressive and brought out the best in the Pulse Headset. I'd say it's the best audio experience I've ever heard regarding Sonys first party output (of the ones I've played that is).
He was trolling in disguise and I had him come from under his cloak. Hes the type who would say a game like the medium is atmospheric because it’s included with his sub ;)

Greggy

He was trolling in disguise and I had him come from under his cloak. Hes the type who would say a game like the medium is atmospheric because it’s included with his sub ;)
With all respec, I happen to believe that The Medium is very atmospheric especially soundwise and so is Demon Souls. Why can't those two games both be good? Why does it have to be sub-bias speaking if someone praises the Medium?

Data Ghost

Another guy who’s angry he had to buy a PS5 because of all the games he’d be missing out on. It’s funny how it never works the other way. ;) it’s only $500 bucks and you get to play exclusives before 2023...youll live
You've lost me buddy. Ive owned pretty much every games console that has existed since the Sega Megadrive onwards and I have loved them all in their own way. I just want you to tell me these wonderful settings you have discovered that make 3D audio live up to the hype, and which games you think it is particularly impressive on.

FrankWza

I love my PS5 and Demons Souls and Spider-Man look incredible, huge JRPG fan so PlayStation has always been my home for that and multiplayer titles on Xbox because of the controller, maimed PS4 and PS3 previous gens.

feel this gen I will main Xbox as I hate the design of the Dualsense, as a huge FPS player it’s design is terrible and it’s really irking me, for everything else it’s brilliant with the triggers and rumble and Sony’s exclusive will kill it every time especially with these new implementations.

The shape and some features for FPS, I turn everything off in settings but something feels off.

I have big hands so realistically it’s better than the DS4, either way I’m not saying it’s a bad controller overall just for me and my needs to have a comfortable FPS experience

Spoiler: The 3D audio is really uneventful if you have been used to any kind of surround sound system, especially Dolby Atmos one.
Look at some of these recent beauties. You couldn’t come up with your own original exclusive jokes? Did you go out and buy other, long established jokes and make them yours? How much were they? I wouldn’t have paid more than $7.50

I have my headphones plugged into my DualSense and every PS5 native game (outside of Control UE, which seems to have downgraded sound quality for some reason) sounds great on my PS5. That's just me though.

You've lost me buddy. Ive owned pretty much every games console that has existed since the Sega Megadrive onwards and I have loved them all in their own way. I just want you to tell me these wonderful settings you have discovered that make 3D audio live up to the hype, and which games you think it is particularly impressive on.
He thinks anyone who doesn't worship PS5 is a troll. Imagine not being able to be objective and critical of things we enjoy. Nothing and no one is perfect.

Games sound amazing on XsX too. Guys like Karak Karak talk about not noticing a difference in the sound between XsX and PS5 versions of games. It's nice that both consoles have beefy sound chips this time around.

Last edited:

Data Ghost

Look at some of these recent beauties. You couldn’t come up with your own original exclusive jokes? Did you go out and buy other, long established jokes and make them yours? How much were they? I wouldn’t have paid more than $7.50
You've genuinely lost me now. Who is Mr Xbox and what does his dislike of the Dualsense have to do with anything? Who is telling jokes? What on earth are you going on about?!?!

Mr.ODST

So you coming up with bullshit on a gripe I have with my PS5 Controller is you feeling attacked, grow up 🤣

Data Ghost

I have my headphones plugged into my DualSense and every PS5 native game (outside of Control UE, which seems to have downgraded sound quality for some reason) sounds great on my PS5. That's just me though.

He thinks anyone who doesn't worship PS5 is a troll. Imagine not being able to be objective and critical of things we enjoy. Nothing and no one is perfect.

Games sound amazing on XsX too. Guys like Karak Karak talk about not noticing a difference in the sound between XsX and PS5 versions of games. It's nice that both consoles have beefy sound chips this time around.
He is coming across as completely mental. Why cant a person own/love all consoles and have a balanced opinion about the pro's and con's of each? That must feel so strange to have to defend something with such blind rage.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
With all respec, I happen to believe that The Medium is very atmospheric especially soundwise and so is Demon Souls. Why can't those two games both be good? Why does it have to be sub-bias speaking if someone praises the Medium?
Fanboys can never stop warring because the creepy attachment they have to their favourite console is the only meaningful thing in their life.

FrankWza

I just told you. Try Demon's Souls. It has a very impressive sound design. You can't go wrong there.
I will try it thank you. I have access to the game so I will certainly give it a try. So far though everything has sounded better through my home theatre system.
Good thing you were advised on this. How would you ever have known that demons souls exists, and sounds phenomenal if you didn’t come here and ask for help? Because making the claim that tempest is overrated and having never tried to play demons souls with it on makes perfect sense. Got it

Data Ghost

Weirdly I think FrankWza has gotten that opinion from look back through my posts and spotting one that said I thought The Medium looked very atmospheric. That was before it came out, and it will probably really hurt him to know that since then I have played it, completed it, and I thought it WAS very atmospheric. And yes it was included with my sub! He's making good things sound like bad things lol

Last edited:

OnionSnake

Banned
Been thinking of adding DBrand to my PS5 but wondering if they were any good?
The company is awesome, these are full faceplates not vinyl skins which is a new for them but I trust them as a company. They for example did not release PS5 skins after their internal testing showed it was not up to quality standards.

Data Ghost

Good thing you were advised on this. How would you ever have known that demons souls exists, and sounds phenomenal if you didn’t come here and ask for help? Because making the claim that tempest is overrated and having never tried to play demons souls with it on makes perfect sense. Got it
You weren't even able to offer me ANY advice and instead you had some sort of meltdown. You're a nutter mate, I'll let you get on with your day :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

FrankWza

look back through my posts
You weren't even able to offer me ANY advice and instead you had some sort of meltdown. You're a nutter mate, I'll let you get on with your day :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You’ve been making comments about tempest being overrated since day 1, haven’t you? Which is absolutely fine. I don’t care if you have an informed opinion. But it’s been 3 months and you’re still posting about it today and you just had to be advised from another poster to try demons souls. THATs nuts. You wouldn’t think in the last 90 days that maybe, a game built for PS5 would offer a good opportunity for you to test something you feel is overrated? Come on buddy.

FrankWza

It's extremely obvious and predictable.
Yeah there’s a checklist. Usually includes owning every system ever and complimenting something obvious before insulting something else. Like complaining about tempest BEFORE trying it with demons souls. Not because he doesn’t own the game, no, because it never occurred to him. Hahaha.

Data Ghost

You’ve been making comments about tempest being overrated since day 1, haven’t you? Which is absolutely fine. I don’t care if you have an informed opinion. But it’s been 3 months and you’re still posting about it today and you just had to be advised from another poster to try demons souls. THATs nuts. You wouldn’t think in the last 90 days that maybe, a game built for PS5 would offer a good opportunity for you to test something you feel is overrated? Come on buddy.
But you've offered nothing at all, instead you went on some weird post quoting meltdown for a bit. The reason I haven't played Demon Souls for very long (if you really must know) is that I found it boring and so I gifted it to a friend that was looking forward to it (hence me saying I have access to it). Now I know that might hurt your very fragile feelings but its true unfortunately.

Whats happened here is that you've latched on to the Demon Souls comment because you had absolutely NOTHING to contribute and you seemingly get enraged easily should anyone dare say anything even remotely negative about your beloved PS5. So much so that it drives you mad even if it's coming from someone that owns both next gen consoles. You've had a meltdown little guy, or you have some sort of disorder. Either way you've been good entertainment in fairness, but I'm off to play the stunning Spider-man remaster, and then maybe a few games of Warzone on the Series X as I feel it runs, looks, and sounds better on there. See that I can appreciate things on both consoles, crazy I know.

Anyway, get some fresh air, this little fight is not worth getting worked up over.

FrankWza

But you've offered nothing at all,
This is where is stopped reading. I found your one sided post history pretty easily, you can find out what you’re doing wrong and how to get the best tempest has to offer. If you don’t want to, move along and keep complaining about the same thing over and over in different threads.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Spoiler: The 3D audio is really uneventful if you have been used to any kind of surround sound system, especially Dolby Atmos one.
I can finally answer You since I've had the headset for about an hour now and post my little early impressions... only 3d I've used on pc previously was the dolby headphones etc few years ago. All distorted sound too much.
Holy fucking shit does Demons Souls sound amazing.
I've only ran it on default middle(3) level in ps5 settings and it sounds so immersive I am astonished !
All the little details in environment and the thump when you parry ?! nice
No hissing, static or anything wrong as of yet.
The comfort is somehow spot on. I am not a fan of over ear headhpones but these are very light and do not clamp too much at all but comfort can't be judged after barely over an hour.
Maybe the top rubber thingy will be a problem after few hours. I can see that. Not a huge fan of suspended headphones but these are ok now.
The earpads are made of low density foam it seems as they do not block too much outside noise and so far my ears can breathe just right.
I've had experience with Brainwavz hm5, takstar pro82 and both of these super soft italian sofa pads are so soft and crate such a seal that I can always hear my heartbeat, a cable and it's too hot.
The foam is of cheaper kind in pulse 3d but it does not seem to create the hot death seal or hotspots. Of course nothing is as summer friendly as porta pro.

I've also played Maiden demo and not sure if I should enable 3d audio in the game options on top of ps5 system 3d. I guess so since I think it sounds better but did not had enough time yet.

Now I am listening to music on pc. It works flawlessly too. The windows volume does nothing and all volume is headset controlled.
No volume issues on ps5 or pc. I run it 2 click below max so far.
The audio quality is great honestly. Some people said it lacks bass? not at all. it is exactly where it needs to be. Punchy and all.
The headset sounds wide and spacious. I love the bassy sound of Porta Pro and these are a bit more detailed maybe with bass going lower but also not spreading... no idea how to describe sound.

Overall so far? Impressed with 3d, with sound and comfort. I've not had super high experience but I do use Koss Porta pro and fiio e10k daily. Used more expensive headphones too but Koss always sounded most open and fun.

edit: No way to check battery level on pc right ?
edit2: These smell great lol

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

After sending my PS5 to rest mode (and getting some random download error the next day) I started having wifi issues. The Internet would work after launching the console, but would quickly slow down to a crawl or stop responding. I have other devices nearby (including a PS4) and they work fine with my wifi router. I tried doing a factory reset (like some people with similar problems recommended on r/ps5) on the PS5 and the Internet seems to be back now, although the connection still isn't very stable and I'm gonna have to think about a range extender. Anyone else had wifi / connectivity issues?

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Anyone else had wifi / connectivity issues?

I've had a lot of issues with the wifi disconnecting and slow downloads. Haven't had this issue with none of my other devices I have hooked up. Had to rearrange my router and extender to get it working. Now it works fine but it was a lot of frustrating tinkering.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Did this just start after the last update the other day or has it been happening longer?
I got the console last Tuesday so I can't say how it was before that.

I've tried moving the console around the tv and I think I got better reception now. What's strange is that placing it on a higher shelf made the signal quality even worse. Anyway I'm definitely getting an extender next week. I'm not ruling out that this might be my neighbor's wifi interfering, not only the console's problem with maintaining strong wifi signal.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I got the console last Tuesday so I can't say how it was before that.

I've tried moving the console around the tv and I think I got better reception now. What's strange is that placing it on a higher shelf made the signal quality even worse. Anyway I'm definitely getting an extender next week. I'm not ruling out that this might be my neighbor's wifi interfering, not only the console's problem with maintaining strong wifi signal.
I saw people have issues after the last update. That’s why I asked. Did you try switching bands?

xrnzaaas

As far as I know my router only supports 2.4 GHz. I have tried opening ports and setting a static IP, but none of that had any effect. I'll keep digging or contact my ISP if the range extender idea fails to provide a better connection.

Mr Hyde

Did this just start after the last update the other day or has it been happening longer?

No. I've had issues since I got the console. But I'm unsure if it's the console or the positioning of my router/extender. I moved around them for a more optimal location and my connection is now pretty much rock solid. So I guess it was my router/extender in the end.

EDIT: The strange thing about it though is that I haven't had any network issues with my other devices before moving my router/extender. My Switch, my computer and my TV all worked fine. It was just the PS5 that had connection issues. Maybe it was too many devices hooked up, I don't know. I'm not very technical. But it works now so in the end it's all good 👍

Last edited:
Am I crazy or is Spider-Man: Remastered one of the best looking games on consoles right now?

I have beaten the campaign multiple times (on my fourth NG+ run, I just love jumping in and swinging around here and there).

H466xjC.jpg

FrankWza

No. I've had issues since I got the console. But I'm unsure if it's the console or the positioning of my router/extender. I moved around them for a more optimal location and my connection is now pretty much rock solid. So I guess it was my router/extender in the end.

EDIT: The strange thing about it though is that I haven't had any network issues with my other devices before moving my router/extender. My Switch, my computer and my TV all worked fine. It was just the PS5 that had connection issues. Maybe it was too many devices hooked up, I don't know. I'm not very technical. But it works now so in the end it's all good 👍
I saw a few people say after a December update and the most recent one. That’s why I mentioned it. Maybe try a different band? 5 is faster than 2.4 but 2.4 has longer range.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Am I crazy or is Spider-Man: Remastered one of the best looking games on consoles right now?

I have beaten the campaign multiple times (on my fourth NG+ run, I just love jumping in and swinging around here and there).

H466xjC.jpg
That and Miles Morales are what have impressed me most when it comes to graphics this gen. Can't wait to see how good things are going to look when they start taking advantage of the new consoles.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes, I have firewalls. But I rather not mess with that. The wifi works fine now.

Not sure if it's safe to have them off around you, but I think our internet provider has some kind of firewall already, been using my internet without firewalls for more than a decade, even without anti-virus sometimes (while NOD32 being perfect and light on PC).

It does boost my connectivity as I've test it that in The Crew that shows my connection being green back then when firewall is turned off (with a new router that comes with firewall on by default).

H466xjC.jpg
You're not crazy. It's one of the best looking open-world games to date, on any platform.

I'm always amazed by the "street-level-level-of-detail" in this game. You spend most of the time swinging near the rooftops but the visuals still hold up when you just walk like a normal person. It's bonkers. :goog_oops:

shubik

Got my PS5 Disk Version yesterday and I´m amazed at the generational leap. The almost non-existing loading times alone are worth the 399/499 price tag for me. This whole thing feels like a seamless experience.

And then comes the controller. I guess people were right when they said "you have to experience it for yourself". Astro Bot is a great tech demo and I really hope that at least SONYS first-party developers will use it extensively to its full capabilities.

I got Miles Morales as the first real PS5 game at I love it. It looks sooo crisp and the option to run it in 60FPS with Ray tracing is mind-blowing. I hope this will become the gold standard in the coming years. I played Control and the trade of between 30FPS + Ray Tracing against 60 FPS without RT is just too much. No way you are going back to 30FPS once you experienced the smoothness of 60FPS.

FrankWza

I got Miles Morales as the first real PS5 game at I love it. It looks sooo crisp and the option to run it in 60FPS with Ray tracing is mind-blowing.
I’m playing remastered and using performance rt. I started with it on and when I tried 30 FPS for a while I didn’t like it and thought it was too distracting and I’m usually not too sensitive about it. I think the speed and style of the game makes the perf rt mode the best and I’m glad it was patched in before I got to play it. I’m curious to see if there’s as big a difference in control.
Got my PS5 Disk Version yesterday and I´m amazed at the generational leap.
Congrats. It is in every way. My one issue is the disc drive spins every hour or so if there’s a disc loaded even if playing a digital game. Hopefully they’ll stop that in a firmware update, even for disc play, and do the authentication once a play session. But to me, everything else is an upgrade

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm dry in games, back to Netflix. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

La Casa de Papel is a fucking masterpiece! But then Netflix buys the IP and adds it's secret sauce beginning at season 3, but still they managed to keep the quality good.

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone had this on their PS5?? :( PS5 DE

I googled round not much info except try a reinstall. I was mid game and just on the final arc of the game after the last borough. So it's left a shitty taste tbh. Uploaded my save to the cloud manually just in case. Just curious as to whether anyone had success with a reinstall? Or is it just fucked.

akmkZmM.jpg

Top Bottom