• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

SykoTech

Parappa's Lvl 3 definitely isn't worth going for in these 2 levels, but that won't always be the case in other stages. I was able to dodge his Skateboard fairly easily in Sandover Village and Dreamscape in the last beta.

Yeah, it's kinda useless in 2v2 though unless you want to be showy. Skateboard is at least 2 kills each time.

Nothing wrong with being showy lol

Parappa's Lvl 3 definitely isn't worth going for in these 2 levels, but that won't always be the case in other stages. I was able to dodge his Skateboard fairly easily in Sandover Village and Dreamscape in the last beta.

And yea stages change the dynamics a lot.

TheMink

Very unnecessary though. His level 2 pretty much guarantees 3 kills as well.

I'm partial to the circle, up square, circle, square x2 combo. Or just the circle, square xinfinity combo.

Dont get use to that second one, it doesnt work on PS3, as the vita build is slightly outdated from the PS3 build.

Namely the startup for the mic pull is slower on ps3 (as it should be) getting rid of that infaniteuntilthreashold combo.

Dont get use to that second one, it doesnt work on PS3, as the vita build is slightly outdated from the PS3 build.

Namely the startup for the mic pull is slower on ps3 (as it should be) getting rid of that infaniteuntilthreashold combo.

I think he was talking about the simple mash square flurry fist.

Gadirok

Recently, I got my brother to bro-op me in All-stars. I was sly and he was Radec?? or Kratos?? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was kratos.

Anyways we fought against a parappa and a sweet tooth, the match was going alright in the beginning, but it just went more and more horrible. It was my bro's second match and he still hadnt gotten a single kill because he couldn't understand the super system. I wasn't getting overwhelmed but it was still hard to manage to teach someone how to play and fight off a skilled parappa at the same time. Eventually they started reigning down kills on us.

At the very last second in overtime the parappa let loose his level 3, I was really really annoyed. Because at that moment, I knew we had got our asses kicked really hard, even if we managed to get to overtime.

Ended up with like 3 kills and 6 deaths. My brother got no kills, I don't know how many times he died but he didn't get any kills.

Probably the worst match I had ever had in this beta, and the first time I co-oped with someone too.

Afterwards, I told him to play on the vita and practice. I told him he wouldn't be able to play black 2 until he wins a match or gets atleast 2 kills. Tough love.

I know I could have done better too, but that last second level 3 super of parappa's was a real slap in the face.

TheMink

I think he was talking about the simple mash square flurry fist.

Oh haha ya, do that.

And Napalm, starting with a side circle>nuetral circle is awesome, but for those doing this combo the inputs need to be fast.

However it probably wont work on ps3 (becuase the mic pull wont be fast enough to connect and still be a true combo i.e they could just block the mic pull) so dont get too used to it.

SmithnCo

I've been using side-circle to mic pull on PS3 and it seems to work so far. Hard to know for sure in tutorial because they don't block.

Tried multiple times to get into a match. It just keeps looping between searching for players and connected to players, eventually freezing the entire system. Fuck this stupid wannabe game.

Tried multiple times to get into a match. It just keeps looping between searching for players and connected to players, eventually freezing the entire system. Fuck this stupid wannabe game.

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. The system freezing up seems to be temporary (rather than one you have to restart the PS3 for) and if you continue to let it do its thing it will eventually just go back to the character select screen. It's odd that most people seem to be unaffected by it and I'm more just annoyed that I haven't got a response about it. I tweeted superbot twice, made a thread on the official forums and asked clockwork here. I was sold on this at Eurogamer but I just want to know that the online is going to work for me when it comes out.

B.O.O.M

Recently, I got my brother to bro-op me in All-stars. I was sly and he was Radec?? or Kratos?? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was kratos.

Anyways we fought against a parappa and a sweet tooth, the match was going alright in the beginning, but it just went more and more horrible. It was my bro's second match and he still hadnt gotten a single kill because he couldn't understand the super system. I wasn't getting overwhelmed but it was still hard to manage to teach someone how to play and fight off a skilled parappa at the same time. Eventually they started reigning down kills on us.

At the very last second in overtime the parappa let loose his level 3, I was really really annoyed. Because at that moment, I knew we had got our asses kicked really hard, even if we managed to get to overtime.

Ended up with like 3 kills and 6 deaths. My brother got no kills, I don't know how many times he died but he didn't get any kills.

Probably the worst match I had ever had in this beta, and the first time I co-oped with someone too.

Afterwards, I told him to play on the vita and practice. I told him he wouldn't be able to play black 2 until he wins a match or gets atleast 2 kills. Tough love.

I know I could have done better too, but that last second level 3 super of parappa's was a real slap in the face.

haha tough love indeed. Teach him to use dodge and block more to avoid deaths and helping the enemies gain too much AP. Also show him how awesome the chain pull attack is for Kratos.

oh and I think I'm starting to REALLY like the idea of countering a super with a super. Even if it kills me I rather stop a parappa lvl 2 getting so many kills

on a random note: LOVE the new avatar MAN is Obsolete, good stuff. If AC:L is good I want Aveline in the next All Stars game

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. The system freezing up seems to be temporary (rather than one you have to restart the PS3 for) and if you continue to let it do its thing it will eventually just go back to the character select screen. It's odd that most people seem to be unaffected by it and I'm more just annoyed that I haven't got a response about it. I tweeted superbot twice, made a thread on the official forums and asked clockwork here. I was sold on this at Eurogamer but I just want to know that the online is going to work for me when it comes out.

Same exact thing happening to me.

So is anyone else having problems connecting. Ive only been able to get into two matches in the past day. The game just freezes up after a while I get returned to the character select screen. At least those two matches have been fun.

LOL! This was so funny, gotta love the little slave siblings that do your bidding.

You are mean

Archon473

It can as I've dodged it using rolls before. Sly's Level 3 just has a rather big hit box.

If you roll out of the hit box, then yes, rolls will avoid it. I was inside the square frame rolling when Sly snapped the picture and I died. I tried timing my roll earlier after I respawned and died again. Either rolls have vulnerability at the start and end of their animation, or Sly's Level 3 snapshot is active for longer than the roll in invulnerable. I cannot imagine timing the dodge is any different from rolling around Sly's Level 1 or 2.

Yeah thats a problem Kratos' arrow just pass over them.

Wow, really? His arrows can be crouched by other characters, but it's messed up if they whiff completely against short characters.

Is the beta supposed to be up for download on PSN?

Can't find it and I've been searching.

Check the New Releases tab.

Oh haha ya, do that.

And Napalm, starting with a side circle>nuetral circle is awesome, but for those doing this combo the inputs need to be fast.

However it probably wont work on ps3 (becuase the mic pull wont be fast enough to connect and still be a true combo i.e they could just block the mic pull) so dont get too used to it.
Def works on ps3 and they can't block it. It's a true treshold combo.

SSReborn

Picture from earlier today! Good stuff I don't think we lost any matches.
8120436032_e0bfa5b3e6_b.jpg

leroidys

I withheld my judgement until putting a LOT of time into this game, because I hate it when people pile on characters as OP just because they suck. Having said that, Kratos is UNBALANCED AS ALL FUCK. All of his supers are amazing, he gains AP super fast, and he can control half of the map without putting himself in danger. There's no rational way that anyone can say he is evenly matched against all the others.

I withheld my judgement until putting a LOT of time into this game, because I hate it when people pile on characters as OP just because they suck. Having said that, Kratos is UNBALANCED AS ALL FUCK. All of his supers are amazing, he gains AP super fast, and he can control half of the map without putting himself in danger. There's no rational way that anyone can say he is evenly matched against all the others.

KRATOS IS THE GOD OF WAR!!! Superbot wasn't lying when they said they stayed true to the characters style. Whipping ass in an overpowering way is what Kratos did.

*shrugs shoulders*

Caffer

Neo Member
IMG_20120922_044204.jpg

and I'm a sly main..

He is evenly matched. <3.

TheMink

Hahaha neeeewp.

Ill beat any kratos with any character.

OMG YOU SMASHED SOME NEWBS. Now I'm embarrassed!

So he's the worst character in the beta. K.

Don't mind them. Lol. I have beaten plenty of kratos but I have voiced why and how he should be tweaked. You aren't alone.

Still think switching his squre forward and neutral around may do the trick. That and make it so he can't grab you when dodging.

Don't mind them. Lol. I have beaten plenty of kratos but I have voiced why and how he should be tweaked. You aren't alone.

Still think switching his squre forward and neutral around may do the trick. That and make it so he can't grab you when dodging.

I concur.

He's so annoying. Funny thing is, I am kicking the ass-jerk Kratos teams, who have the nerve to call me names and bitch on the mic about my playstles with Sweet Tooth (desperately dropping mines so they dont keep me in the air with their Bullcrap, blocking, rolling, trying to get near them). Doesn't change the fact that they are credited way more than they deserve with Kratos' ridiculousness. You had the perfect word: Priority. And AP. I know he's the GoW, but this is not GoW. I still want to know why SB touched him.

Anyone else run into a glitch where when the match starts you don't have the character you picked? It's happened to me 3 or 4 times (PS3 & Vita).

SmithnCo

Anyone else run into a glitch where when the match starts you don't have the character you picked? It's happened to me 3 or 4 times (PS3 & Vita).

Yes. That, the three-player glitch and the "stuck on searching" glitch are all pretty annoying. Without those the online would be flawless for me.

timerscam? or does the clock freeze during its long ass animation?

even though i have had limited time with the game, i'd say that at least kratos is one of the easiest to win with at low level play.

Nothing. The only version of PSABR I can see is in the PS+ section and that requires a subscription.

Does Sony hate Europeans or something? A lot of that seems to be going around lately (Fucking P4A).

You could DL it from US store and play it with your normal EU account. It's totally region free anyway.

TheMink

OMG YOU SMASHED SOME NEWBS. Now I'm embarrassed!

So he's the worst character in the beta. K.

Haha i didnt mean it like that.

I meant that no character has a clear advantage.
Other than Kratos being the easiest characters to pick up, which is good because people like kratos and will probably be glad that he is easy to play as, all the other characters do just fine.

I would like to point out however that saying "no rational way" a person can claim hes not OP is an exceptionally bold statement especially because his supers are undebatabely just OK. Hes a great character, but OP? Not a chance.

Edit: @MiS yeah that side square is annoying, and i always cock my head when it will hit an enemy almost vertical to him, but its not that big a deal.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
did anyone met weird glitch where your picked character got changed to someone else during battles?

My partner picked Fat Princess and I picked Radec, then when we got into match with someone else. My Radec changed into Kratos, and His Fat Princess changed into Radec.

I found it amusing but weird.

Top Bottom