• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

HiiiLife

I must've missed it in the OP but will this beta be available to play with more people on a single console?

I participated in the other one a couple months ago and it was only one player..

SmithnCo

I must've missed it in the OP but will this beta be available to play with more people on a single console?

I participated in the other one a couple months ago and it was only one player..

Yeah, you can play 2v2 online with another local player.

SSReborn

You can play with 1 other person locally against online opponents.

You can play with 2 people locally against 2 people online in a 2 vs 2 mode. There are a lot of people playing that way with more playing that way tomorrow so finding matches should be very easy.

LuuKyK

Yeah, you can 2v2 locally iirc.

Edit: could not be more beaten. lol

HiiiLife

Yeah, you can 2v2 locally iirc.

Yeah, you can
play 2v2 online with another local player.

You can play with 1 other person locally against online opponents.

You can play with 2 people locally against 2 people online in a 2 vs 2 mode. There are a lot of people playing that way with more playing that way tomorrow so finding matches should be very easy.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

Metal B

Is there any reason to ever go for Parappas third special? It is hard enough to build up his second level. You sometimes can miss your level one and still have enough power left to use another. And his second level is also really good. You mostly get your three kills and it is also the maximum you can get with his third level. The developer should nerv his second level attack or change it or the third level attack into a other attack, so that there is a reason for the third level to exist at all.

Is there any reason to ever go for Parappas third special? It is hard enough to build up his second level. You sometimes can miss your level one and still have enough power left to use another. And his second level is also really good. You mostly get your three kills and it is also the maximum you can get with his third level. The developer should nerv his second level attack or change it or the third level attack into a other attack, so that there is a reason for the third level to exist at all.

Not really unless you have a special reason to use your lvl 3 to deny other players lvl 2 perhaps. Might come in handy in full game stock 2vs2 for example, who knows.

Level one is dodgable even against someone using neutral O -> super. Level 2 can be countered with good timing. In high level play level 3 will become a risk free way of getting kills.

So I was over at a friend's house today and we played the beta locally 2 vs 2 online for about 4 hours and had an absolute blast. My friend owns nearly every console but is mostly a big time Sony and Nintendo fan owning every console they both put out, and he happens to be big into fighting games including Smash. He is really stoked for this game, and after tonight our excitement for it is through the roof.

We spent most of the night playing as PaRappa (him) and Fatty P (me) and this has to be one of the best duos in the game. We were calling out who had what supers, targeting guys that were in their level 2s and constantly throwing them or hitting them with items, taunting after every screen clear, and just dying laughing off some of the things people were saying online. There were those beautiful moments where a kratos I was chasing with the chicken he would mic pull and allow me to kill then other times we would knock away an opponent when the other went for the kill lol. Oh and we ran into CC when we decided to change up characters, Sweet Tooth (me) and Sly (him) and fought a close match but ultimately CC and his partner edged us out by a kill (or 2 deaths?). Also to start I brought over my Vita and connected online and started a party with him, and used it as a controller by watching the TV rather than the controller. We were both blown away by the accuracy of the inputs from my Vita over the internet to the TV. It had an indistinguishable amount of delay.

Anyway just wanted to say that the game is great fun when playing with somebody and talking with them. Can't wait to invite friends over and have Free For All fights at the place. I know most Gaffers are the silent type online, but I like to talk, and feel it adds so much to the experience of this game. So hope on the mic if you see me online.

Was CC's partner playing as FP? I've played with CC for about 3-4 hours and we had a few really good, close matches without any BS, so one of that might have been you. I always forget to check the other team's user names. If we won, it was most certainly due to him though, he saved my ass plenty of times with his deadly Parappa.

Anyway, CC and i had a similar experience to you and your friend last night. Played for hours, had tons of fun tag teaming opponents and denying people their level 3 supers. There was a team of Kratoses where both tried to save up for a level 3 super, only they never got there because we started laying heavily into them with throws and items after they got past level 2. Surprisingly they didn't even attempt to launch a level 2 after it was clear they weren't going to reach level 3, so the match ended with a perfect score for our team.

While 2vs2 is where it's at in the beta, FFA is still great fun too. Even though i can't hold a candle to the better players here, it's still awesome when i manage to do good, like that time last night against 3 Kratoses:

40W6d.jpg

I want to see how characters I actually care about play?

I don't know, you could still try the other characters to see if they suit your style. Fat Princess is probably the character i'm the least familiar with out of the beta roster, i have never played her game and was just vaguely aware of it being a PSN multiplayer game, but i'm having a riot maining her. To me an appealing playstyle wins out against the history i have with a character. Different strokes for different folks, i suppose.

TheMink

Ok so in the training mode i found that in the blocking step you can build up all three meters againts the cpu.

So i sat down and got the exact AP needed for each lvl of super.

For Parappa:

To lvl 1: 130 AP

To lvl 2: 270 AP

To lvl 3: 200 AP

600 AP total.

Yup the ap needed goes down from lvl 2 to 3. But maybe thats just Parappa? Which would make sense cause his lvl 2 is so good.

Went ahead and quoted for the other thread.

I really enjoy playing as Sweet Tooth... and winning! Woohoo!

I failed my first Super 3 though, only got a couple of kills even though I was shooting them point blank :(

Was CC's partner playing as FP? I've played with CC for about 3-4 hours and we had a few really good, close matches without any BS, so one of that might have been you. I always forget to check the other team's user names. If we won, it was most certainly due to him though, he saved my ass plenty of times with his deadly Parappa.

Anyway, CC and i had a similar experience to you and your friend last night. Played for hours, had tons of fun tag teaming opponents and denying people their level 3 supers. There was a team of Kratoses where both tried to save up for a level 3 super, only they never got there because we started laying heavily into them with throws and items after they got past level 2. Surprisingly they didn't even attempt to launch a level 2 after it was clear they weren't going to reach level 3, so the match ended with a perfect score for our team.

While 2vs2 is where it's at in the beta, FFA is still great fun too. Even though i can't hold a candle to the better players here, it's still awesome when i manage to do good, like that time last night against 3 Kratoses:

40W6d.jpg

I don't know, you could still try the other characters to see if they suit your style. Fat Princess is probably the character i'm the least familiar with out of the beta roster, i have never played her game and was just vaguely aware of it being a PSN multiplayer game, but i'm having a riot maining her. To me an appealing playstyle wins out against the history i have with a character. Different strokes for different folks, i suppose.

Yep we played both of you guys! Good times.

Is it possible to turn off the 3rd super animation in the full game? That's gonna get annoying as fuck watching it over and over. I'm sick of Parappa's rap already.

J-Tier

Is it possible to turn off the 3rd super animation in the full game? That's gonna get annoying as fuck watching it over and over. I'm sick of Parappa's rap already.

Well, when the full game is going to have 20 characters, and people get better to the point where a level 3 is used more sparingly, I'm sure this issue will be less prevalent.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Well, I for one hope it can be turned off. It's up there with the power shot shit from Mario Tennis.
Yeah, they should have an option for shortened versions, like they did for summons in FFX.

I'm terrible at this. Came second once, but that's it. I've noticed an abundance of people using Kratos online. Played in a few matches with three of them. Swinging blades all over the fucking place. Annoying.

B.O.O.M

I'm terrible at this. Came second once, but that's it. I've noticed an abundance of people using Kratos online. Played in a few matches with three of them. Swinging blades all over the fucking place. Annoying.

Use the block, it is sometimes easy to forget that option is even available since the gameplay is very offense driven. I use block against Kratos and Radec players a lot to negate some of their attacks.

So earlier I had a REALLY weird error/glitch. Public wifi (not reliable) near my work, on my Vita, I chose Kratos (because I've realized how insanely easy it is to be a dick with him) and when the match started:

1) I was Radec, not Kratos
2) There was only three players
3) At the score screen, there were four players.

Wtf happened?

SmithnCo

So earlier I had a REALLY weird error/glitch. Public wifi (not reliable) near my work, on my Vita, I chose Kratos (because I've realized how insanely easy it is to be a dick with him) and when the match started:

1) I was Radec, not Kratos
2) There was only three players
3) At the score screen, there were four players.

Wtf happened?

Looks like you got two fairly common glitches. One that switches your character and one that makes it look like there's 3 players, but there's actually 4.

I don't really know what causes them but they can be annoying.

thuway

When is the final build supposed to be shown? The PlayStation blog hyped that thing to the moon. I wanna see what u got superbotz.

SSReborn

When is the final build supposed to be shown? The PlayStation blog hyped that thing to the moon. I wanna see what u got superbotz.

They have a tournament in LA tomorrow that will have the Final Build. Though I don't expect it to be radically different then the current beta build. They will have level announces tomorrow as well.

Can't jump with the stick? The fuck?

And you throw with R stick? Which means I'm at a disadvantage if I don't play on pad? FFFFFFFF

R1 to pick up items? I guess if I were playing on a pad this wouldn't be a big deal, but . . .

Seriously, why the fuck do I have to push a button to jump?

~~~

won my first game online even though i had no idea how to play

lost my second one to a missile spamming radec

SSReborn

Can't jump with the stick? The fuck?

And you throw with R stick? Which means I'm at a disadvantage if I don't play on pad? FFFFFFFF

R1 to pick up items? I guess if I were playing on a pad this wouldn't be a big deal, but . . .

Seriously, why the fuck do I have to push a button to jump?

~~~

won my first game online even though i had no idea how to play

lost my second one to a missile spamming radec

If your on pad use press two buttons together two throw like you would other fighting games.

I'm not hyping myself up. I'm already satisfied with this current build from the latest beta. I'll mess around and expect huge game changers and find out the only new thing with the final build is a couple of extra taunts and a free plushie for preordering.

Top Bottom