• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation and Apple joining forces, if true what could the mean for Playstation as a business in the future?

Senua

Gold Member
Cups Whatever GIF

LiquidRex

Apologies for the grammar in the title people, New phone and its very different to what I'm used too. I can't edit it unfortunately unless a mod cares to correct.

As for the rumor I'm curious as to how much such a deal say for porting PS games to ios will benefit Playstation financially, also on the tech side, Sony tech does already make up a large amount of components in Apple Vision devices.

yurinka

Never heard about this youtube channel before. Did they ever leaked something or are just another random channel mading up stuff or spreading random annonymous 4chan posts?

In any case, we know Sony is working on PC games and for the near future mobile games, so obviously must be talking with Apple and Google to feature their games there and publish some of their games there, which in some cases may be ports and in most cases they will be dedicated mobile games. Sony may ask them for help in their marketing effort, plus maybe may ask for some money to help porting them. Nothing rare, busines as usual when a big publisher is making mobile games.

Last edited:

Hookshot

Gold Member
PlayStation already whore their products out to PC and Nintendo so it's not a big step to get absorbed by Apple. But would the wider Sony allow that? it still makes them money at the moment.

Bojji

Never heard about this youtube channel before. Did they ever leaked something or are just another random channel mading up stuff or spreading random annonymous 4chan posts?

They had good leaks before rdna2 launch (when most people had bad leaks) but completely dog shit leaks before rdna3 launch (they hyped it through the roof). Now they hyped PS5 pro for few months now.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
They had good leaks before rdna2 launch (when most people had bad leaks) but completely dog shit leaks before rdna3 launch (they hyped it through the roof). Now they hyped PS5 pro for few months now.
If i remember correctly he was right about RDNA3 but amd couldn't achieve their specs

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Apple only cares about shipping on their own hardware. Zero chance Apple does something somewhere else.

True, but as a content provider Sony do have a lot to offer Apple. If there's any sort of partnership it'll be based on content, most likely focussing on mobile.

MS have put Sony in a position where they need an "out" for when/if they decide to pull up the drawbridge on their content "moat". Which is why we see the previously unthinkable idea of Sony product on Nintendo already.

SHA

I don't think it's one to one alliance, Apple will be aggressive and use Sony obviously.

Last edited:

SHA

There is no "alliance" here. This guy certainly wouldn't know either way.
I know he's a clown but logically speaking, Apple got nothing to offer for Sony besides more users, they'll use them, that's the nature of their relationship.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Even if this was real, it makes no sense. Sony hardware is x86 will stay there for a bit at least. So not for anything gaming. Apple also has spoke pretty capable hardware already. Apple even got out of buying other companies chips and are their own. I don’t see this making much sense.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It actually makes a lot of sense for Sony to partner with apple for the future. Apple doesn't really need Sony but they would benefit greatly.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Kojimbo is a huge Apple fanboy. Death Stranding got a Mac port, so DS2 probably will also. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stipulated his MGS spiritual successor needs a Mac port as well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Kojimbo is a huge Apple fanboy. Death Stranding got a Mac port, so DS2 probably will also. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stipulated his MGS spiritual successor needs a Mac port as well.

wwdc_2023_364.jpg

Actually I guess he already kinda said so. That being said the video in the OP is nonsense.

LordOfChaos

So in another two years Apple will be like and here's one more PC port to mac, Horizon Zero Dawn

This slow trickle of 1-2 big PC games each year being ported to mac late is not how they're going to break into gaming. I wish they'd just take a pile of cash and park it by Valve for a Proton layer for mac for Steam that made PC gaming on Mac "Just Work"

RPCGamer

So in another two years Apple will be like and here's one more PC port to mac, Horizon Zero Dawn

This slow trickle of 1-2 big PC games each year being ported to mac late is not how they're going to break into gaming. I wish they'd just take a pile of cash and park it by Valve for a Proton layer for mac for Steam that made PC gaming on Mac "Just Work"
They're just not interested in gaming. They showed a very small flicker at the start of Apple+, but they quickly backed out and keep the games available very selective.

StereoVsn

Ah yes, mobile gamers are going to just flock to $50-60 ports of Horizon, GoW, and TLOU games on iOS.

Because mobile players are well known for spending big $ upfront on SP games on the platform.

Ooh, we should ask that Ubisoft Monetization Manager guy, that’s a sure winner!

smart.gif

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

I think Valve are already working on an ARM version of Proton.

LordOfChaos

I think Valve are already working on an ARM version of Proton.

I'm trying to keep my hopes down, but that would be so dope. ARM doesn't necessarily mean macOS though. The Snapdragon X Elite type systems are the likely target, though much of their work to bring it to macOS would be done then.

Knightime_X

playstation 5 ipro+
now with +10% more power and +10% more storage and cameras. $899

Just wait another 8 months for the ps5 ipro+2 now with a disc drive $1199 (ps+ premium required to use drive for movies) Apple TV required to actually watch said movies.

Last edited:

Astray

Very interesting video and makes me intrigued to see what's coming out of it.

I maintain that the Apple user market is ripe for someone to make a proper entrance.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

znYh7LQ.png

The real reason there is a collaboration. They saw the fuss about the missing stand with the PS5 Pro and saw an opportunity to claw some of that Concord cash back.

Top Bottom