• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

any one got the goodie bag pictures this year!! what are the exclusive items for persona 5 guys! thanks snap some pictures of both TY!

Lime

Interviewer just dropped the "I'm an expert" GAF meme on stream (or maybe I'm over-reading his comment)

I missed out on getting a line/wait autograph session badge scan by like 30 seconds. A Sony rep was handing out scans to all comers. Just as I was walking up to her when a security guy called for her to come back up to the stage instead of standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Now I'm waiting in this damned Kinda Funny line for a badge scan.

Fisty

Welp Scott Rohde just told me Jaffe has been talking with SMS about GOW, he may be doing some light consulting

_Isaac

I missed out on getting a line/wait autograph session badge scan by like 30 seconds. A Sony rep was handing out scans to all comers. Just as I was walking up to her when a security guy called for her to come back up to the stage instead of standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Now I'm waiting in this damned Kinda Funny line for a badge scan.
:( I didn't make it to the Kinda Funny line before it was capped. I was too busy actually watching their panel.

Fisty

Oh, man, even if it's just light consulting, that's awesome.

Yeah the thing is, I told Jaffe I was a big fan of GOW and TM and then asked him if he was doing any consulting on the new one and he slyly said "yep I've been doing a lot of consulting on the new Twisted Metal, you can even ask Scott Rohde here!" Then Scott turns around and he said "consulting? Yeah don't let Dave fool you, he's been over to SMS and talked to the guys a bunch about GOW" and David didn't really say much after that. I think David was trying to make a joke about a new Twisted Metal but Scott misheard the joke and was talking about GOW, and Jaffe didn't say much after that. Obviously it would probably be a given that he's at least talking with Barlog about the game but at least it's good to hear it from a Sony boss directly lol

Horizon line went surprisingly fast. Going to watch the 2.00 panel on accessibility in games.

Anyone have any near by suggestions for dinner?

tr00per

Yeah the thing is, I told Jaffe I was a big fan of GOW and TM and then asked him if he was doing any consulting on the new one and he slyly said "yep I've been doing a lot of consulting on the new Twisted Metal, you can even ask Scott Rohde here!" Then Scott turns around and he said "consulting? Yeah don't let Dave fool you, he's been over to SMS and talked to the guys a bunch about GOW" and David didn't really say much after that. I think David was trying to make a joke about a new Twisted Metal but Scott misheard the joke and was talking about GOW, and Jaffe didn't say much after that. Obviously it would probably be a given that he's at least talking with Barlog about the game but at least it's good to hear it from a Sony boss directly lol

Nice find!

I really hope Santa Monica Studios handles Kratos in a different way than how Jaffe developed the character. Kratos is such an unlikeable character; I don't even think he's a good anti-hero, either.

Yeah, odd. I would hope they'd accommodate someone in such a position, though.
I imagine they would have someone get the autograph for them, but what if someone wanted to actually meet the person signing? Even if they went through the seating area in the back there are still some stairs.

Hopefully there is a ramp I missed, but with some of the people the convention hired, I could see some being "Oh well..."

Spenny

Finally woke up after crashing at four am this morning. What a fun time. I got to meet Kojima and obtained his autograph. I was able to play every game I wanted to minus Resident Evil but I talked two of the attendants into scanning my badge and giving me a card. I met Boogie which was pretty cool. I also met all the Easy Allies and the boys from Yo Videogames (though I've met the latter tons of times).

I also wasn't able to get into the PS Gear area. Seriously, fuck that line. I saw Bradley Ellis from Easy Allies standing in line for what seemed like four hours.

I ended the night with front-row bean bags to the Capcom Cup. I'll definitely be attending again next year if it stays on the best coast.

Cerberus

I imagine they would have someone get the autograph for them, but what if someone wanted to actually meet the person signing? Even if they went through the seating area in the back there are still some stairs.

Hopefully there is a ramp I missed, but with some of the people the convention hired, I could see some being "Oh well..."

There's definitely a ramp somewhere. I saw a guy in a wheelchair ahead of me during the Uncharted signing.

Spenny

There's definitely a ramp somewhere. I saw a guy in a wheelchair ahead of me during the Uncharted signing.
If you're looking at the autograph signing area from the direction of the Nioh/Gravity Rush 2 section I believe there is a lift on the left side of the stage. It's next to the stairs that the talent uses to get to the stage.

I'll definitely be attending again next year if it stays on the best coast.
I would imagine it's going to stay in California, what with Sony having offices there (tax breaks and all that).

Many thanks for the reply. :) I thought it was a long shot, (by a country mile) as I think deep down I knew that the games would fly out of their booth pretty darned quick! But my OCD collector brain had to ask. Hehe. Thanks again. :) Hope you all enjoy the event.
They still have copies. I tried for you, but I was recognized. Sorry!

Well, that's it. I'm calling it in; the show was a good time. Played all the games I wanted to try, sans the new joint from Housemarque, and unlocked all the freebies I was interested in. I think the Capcom Cup finals were the highlight of the whole show.

Now I need to figure out how I'll raffle off the spar copy of Oddworld my wife picked up. The main LRG thread has a lot of drama right now.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So for people attending this and other cons - who does Playstation Experience compare to something like Comic Con or PAX?

krae_man

I'm so tired. Fun meeting new people and seeing familiar faces as always.

So many Gaffers didn't join in. I saw you all browsing GAF on your phones or the people who asked "where did you get that lanyard?"

Join the fun next year guys.

Till next year.

See you all later.

I'm so tired. Fun meeting new people and seeing familiar faces as always.

So many Gaffers didn't join in. I saw you all browsing GAF on your phones or the people who asked "where did you get that lanyard?"

Join the fun next year guys.

Till next year.

See you all later.

it was fun meeting and talking with you krae.

also, how did you like the re7 demo in vr?

i ended up getting a little motion sickness but completed it

Was anyone able to complete a full set of cards?

What is this LRG everyone is talking about?

What was the Resident Evil VRdemo? Kitchen, Beginning Hour, something new?

_Isaac

I had a really fun time. It was great meeting a bunch of you. I'll make sure to get a gaf badge next time!

So for people attending this and other cons - who does Playstation Experience compare to something like Comic Con or PAX?

I've never gone to PAX, but I have gone to Comic-Con and Wonder-Con. They're very different since the games are the real stars here and not so much the panels which means the line experience will be different. The line to get into the main showcase was long, but nowhere near as crazy as the crazier Comic-Con lines. Here we lined up at 7 am and got okay seats. At Hall H Comic-Con you could line up at midnight and not be able to get in. The video game lines here varied wildly. The popular ones with small number of units probably took about 2 hours as a wait time (Stuff like Farpoint, Ace Combat 7, REVII etc) while the smaller ones or the ones that had a lot of units took much less time. Also this used a surprisingly small chunk of the Convention Center. Other cons are more sprawling usually. Even with that smaller space you never felt overly crowded and suffocated here. They also made it WAY too difficult to buy merch in their one little PS store. That's different from other cons where there are so many opportunities to buy stuff left and right.

kng3025

Oh, man, even if it's just light consulting, that's awesome.

I actually got the chance to talk to him about GOW and Twisted metal during his autograph session(second time meeting him irl) and jokingly asked if he would ever direct another GOW game. I expected him to say no, or not really, but he said that it's not out of the question. Having just found out about him doing some consulting, guess that makes sense.

In regards to Twisted metal, he said that if he were to make another game in the future, it definitely would not be a full blown $60 retail game,as there really isn't a market for that type of game, and would either be a smaller psn game, or a game taking place in the Twisted Metal universe.

tr00per

Was anyone able to complete a full set of cards?

What is this LRG everyone is talking about?

What was the Resident Evil VRdemo? Kitchen, Beginning Hour, something new?

Based on the chat I suspect I got the most but I only have maybe 25. There were over 70 total weren't there?

Limited run games. They had a booth.

It's the same as the updated one they just released I believe

I think the best part of psx for me was the people. Both Gaffers and the public. It's just a good atmosphere. Strangers bonding over games. There were some admission line cutters but for the most part everyone was courteous and friendly. I even had people walk up to me and give me cards and one even gave me a sealed game.

It's possible that I only noticed it now but I see that it's true that some of you don't post too often lol

Top Bottom