• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabrik

Banned
It's highly likely games have been in development for at least a couple years already. There'll be gameplay videos.

So no-one knows then. They could just present the console, its services and the controller, show a few trailers (Non gameplay but pseudo-in-engine) and leave the gameplay demos for E3. That's what I'm expecting. I don't want to be disappointed.

Sigh..

So the event is at 5pm eastern?

I work 10am to 6pm, I could leave later but .. why?

I'd rather go to the gym.. Any chance that someone will upload this event to the internet/torrents/icefilms/online share drive to view later?

First page of Gaming Forum will be full of PS4 threads so don't worry.

Iacobellis

and then it wipe out our HDD when we run it.

V.Joe.jpg

Iacobellis

I think there is a joke here, but I'm not getting it!

Yes, I'm old school. Give me physical or give me death.

http://arcticnightfall.com/boards/index.php?topic=18982.0;wap2

Members of the Gaming-Age Forums who have received Sony's Playstation Underground holiday demo disc are a bit peeved at a problem with one of the demos on it. Apparently, the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo will erase all of the data on the memory card in the controller 1 slot. This isn't just a problem with Mad Catz or unofficial memory cards as some people might assume; it affects official Sony cards as well.

Endo Punk

Next gen Sony needs to revisit a lot of IP's that never made it to this gen. Like Legend of Dragoon and Bushido blade, and a proper fucking Ape Escape game!

Slaylock

I really hope PS4 plays PS1(which is a given) and PS2 games, I don't care if they skip PS3 but PS2 needs to be in there.

It will probably play PS2 games but not necessarily PS2 discs. They're unlikely to sell many more discs but they can sell plenty of PS2 games via PSN.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
15th: PlayStation
16th: PlayStation 2
17th: PlayStation Portable
18th: PlayStation 3
19th: PlayStation Vita

20th: ¿ ?

Grace Chen doesn't do weekends, obviously. Expect PS2 on the 18th and PS3 on the 19th with some other non hardware related videos interspersed throughout.

I can't even see them doing handheld videos for this, it would be fucking stupid to talk about the Vita before the PS4. As much as I love my Vita they really need to continue pretending it doesnt exist. Bringing up a massive failure before the unveiling of a major new product is just stupid.

Alebrije

Gold Member
It will probably play PS2 games but not necessarily PS2 discs. They're unlikely to sell many more discs but they can sell plenty of PS2 games via PSN.

Mostly both formats : disc and digital. it will be the best way ( from a consumer point fo view )

Endo Punk

That's my biggest fear. It would be really fucking slimy since as mentioned emulation would be dirt cheap heck even putting the ol emotion engine shouldn't break the bank like it did for the PS3 in the early days. And it's not like it will hurt PSN sales of the games, PS1 games on PSN still sell a lot despite the system being very capable to play the discs. Plus the gesture will win them a lot of good will from gamers which they need with the PS4.

Last Night I was drinking with a guy who was working on PS4 at Sony Japan, he left before the marketing stage kicked in so doesn't know what exactly is gonna be shown at the meeting but basically said 'You follow the rumours right? Well they are pretty accurate'. I also asked about Gaikai, he was part of a group who really pushed for the idea if an Onlive like service accessible with a dumb console, but as that never materialised it remains to be seen what they plan to do with that acquisition.

Last Night I was drinking with a guy who was working on PS4 at Sony Japan, he left before the marketing stage kicked in so doesn't know what exactly is gonna be shown at the meeting but basically said 'You follow the rumours right? Well they are pretty accurate'. I also asked about Gaikai, he was part of a group who really pushed for the idea if an Onlive like service accessible with a dumb console, but as that never materialised it remains to be seen what they plan to do with that acquisition.

was he cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom