• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drencrom

ieeosojkRt84W.gif

GAF on Feb 20th lol

Malice215

Don't think nostalgia works on the masses but it sure fucking got my attention.

Maybe not for the masses but it definitely has my attention. Talking about the history of the PlayStation to get people juiced up for the event on Tuesday, plus with the image of the controller "leaking" out now of all times.

I can't remember the last time I've been excited for a new console. I just hope that Sony doesn't screw this up somehow. I'm putting my trust in Kaz.

Agreed since they stopped selling new ps2 and my ps2 just died. I would love this.

I'm dying to find out what Sony's plans are for BC. I know PS4 games are going to be hot, but what about my existing library of games on my PS3 and the games on PSN. Will we see Gaikai put to use? Will we see more PS2 games available? That's what I'm hoping to find out a little bit about on the 20th. All I need is a taste.

Pennywise

I can't remember the last time I've been excited for a new console. I just hope that Sony doesn't screw this up somehow. I'm putting my trust in Kaz.

Same here.
Just hope Kaz will enter the stage with Two Steps from Hell as entry music and blow us all of with the PS4 and some awesome Vita news.

dancmc

I am literally watching GAF more than my job....man I am too hype for Wednesday....hoping that Sony really goes balls out with this first announcement!!!

Baki

For some reason, the whole time while watching that, I was like... man if Nintendo goes third party, please stay close to Sony.

/random.

IF Nintendo runs into financial trouble, then I hope they live on making handhelds as part of SCE. One of the main complaints about both Sony and Nintendo is their inability to bring a consistent stream of content to their secondary platforms (home consoles for Nintendo and handhelds for Sony). I honestly think they would make a great match - Sony provides the infrastructure and the tech -> Nintendo adds the magic.

I wouldn't want a '3rd party' Nintendo after seeing what happened to Sega. :(

Alas, this talk is premature.

Back on topic! Dat PSOne demo disc! I still remember playing Hercules and Abes Oddyssey. So many memories. :')

Gadirok

IF Nintendo runs into financial trouble, then I hope they live on making handhelds as part of SCE. One of the main complaints about both Sony and Nintendo is their inability to bring a consistent stream of content to their secondary platforms (home consoles for Nintendo and handhelds for Sony). I honestly think they would make a great match - Sony provides the infrastructure and the tech -> Nintendo adds the magic.

I wouldn't want a '3rd party' Nintendo after seeing what happened to Sega. :(

Alas, this talk is premature.

Back on topic! Dat PSOne demo disc! I still remember playing Hercules and Abes Oddyssey. So many memories. :')

I would never want that to happen.

Sony would become an unstoppable juggernaut, and I don't want them becoming overconfident and smug again like the launch of the PS3.

Competition is good.

The only publisher I wouldn't give 2 shits if left was MS. They haven't brought much to the table.

nib95

Banned
Me and all my cousins can't stop talking about this. Super psyched for Wednesday. Anyone know exactly what time UK GMT this thing will kick off? OP states only EST and I'm feeling lazy lol.

VXLbeast

I would never want that to happen.

Sony would become an unstoppable juggernaut, and I don't want them becoming overconfident and smug again like the launch of the PS3.

Competition is good.

The only publisher I wouldn't give 2 shits if left was MS. They haven't brought much to the table.

To be fair, they did help push forward online gaming and the social aspect of consoles. But I agree, I would be the last to bemoan their departure.

dont blame me

you asked for it!

upyOggi.png

This is a thing of beauty, my friend.

Great hint in the Playstation video. "Sony computer entertainment was created in November 16th of 1993".

Fast forward 20 years, you get November 16th of 2013, known as the release date for the PS4.

:)

Razdek

Banned
I'm excited for the reveal but keeping expectations low as every time Sony has a chance to blow our minds they let us down. The past few E3's are examples of it when Microsoft and Nintendo had crappy showings and there were high hopes for Sony and they didn't live up to expectations as well.

So the controller has leaked, ps3 game streaming has leaked, hardware specs known for a while now.

I have a feeling we'll see more leaks right up until showtime.

So the controller has leaked, ps3 game streaming has leaked, hardware specs known for a while now.

I have a feeling we'll see more leaks right up until showtime.

The Last Guardian was leaked as moving to Orbis by an ex Sony developer on here recently too, so that is likely another announcement, intended for wednesdays meeting (or E3) that has leaked.

The Last Guardian was leaked as moving to Orbis by an ex Sony developer on here recently too, so that is likely another announcement, intended for wednesdays meeting (or E3) that has leaked.

I think that would be more of an E3 type game, though they could show it in a montage reel.

nib95

Banned
Well, I'll just say that I've been happy with all of the leaks thus far.

• Solid hardware specs
  • Should be easier to develop for this time as well
  • Great new controller design and features
  • Potential Gakkai online BC streaming
  • Potential YouTube upload features
  • Revamped OS akin to Vita, including new features

Just need the price and games to be decent now.

Oh and the prototype controller for those who missed it.

DS3vsDS4_nonGlow.jpg

Well, I'll just say that I've been happy with all of the leaks.

• Solid hardware specs

DS3vsDS4_nonGlow.jpg

why is the DS3 mirrored.

I think that would be more of an E3 type game, though they could show it in a montage reel.

I think E3 is the right time for TLG too, it's a big announcement for the more artsy gamers but not a blockbuster game to brandish at a console reveal. I think we'll get stuff like Battlefield, Watch Dogs, Metal Gear Solid, Killzone type stuff on Wednesday - big brand names and mass appeal IPs.

VXLbeast

Well, I'll just say that I've been happy with all of the leaks thus far.

• Solid hardware specs
  • Potential YouTube upload features
  • Revamped OS akin to Vita, including new features

DS3vsDS4_nonGlow.jpg

Wait, I missed these OS rumors. Where are they from?

would anyone want this if the keypad was built on?

the shape of the DS4 looks very 360 like but with sony's spin on things.

qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

that's what i have for when i game on pc (even though the pad doesn't work) i just like the feel of it.

nib95

Banned

qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

Far too large and cumbersome. Hoping the touchpad can have a qwerty keyboard or something. On a side note, the controller isn't really like the 360's. It's closer to the DS3 than it is the 360's pad. Best of both worlds imo.

DS3vsDS4vs360.jpg

qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

that's what i have for when i game on pc (even though the pad doesn't work) i just like the feel of it.

Absolutely love it, great accessory that Sony can now do with the DS4.

The shaping of the DS4 seems great, really looks comfortable, there's just something off about it that screams prototype that I hope gets fixed, and it looks perfect

What I really love is the rubbery look to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom