• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

So the ps4 cant be any worse than the ps3 right?
1. Sony seems to have toned down the pride shit.
2. No bluray driving costs up dramatically.
3. No $599 us dollars bullshit.
4. Actual architecture that makes sense and is easy for devs.
5. Amazing stable of first party devs/ips out of the gate.
6. Psn+ garnering good will with gamers.
7. No crying baby bullshit marketing.
8. 7 years experience with online systems, store, services, etc.
9. No ken kutaragi fuckin everything up.

I mean, i love the ps3, but everything that could have gone wrong with that system did, and only much later did they begin to turn the ship. Seems like ps4 will start out much better.

Globox_82

Banned

I mean, i love the ps3, but everything that could have gone wrong with that system did, and only much later did they begin to turn the ship. Seems like ps4 will start out much better.

The market has changed a lot. We see with the WiiU and it's pathetic sales. Same with Vita.
One of the two (MS or Sony) will have the same fate with their next console. This is why sony needs to deliver and get from the start guns blazing. Don't be cheap, pay for 3rd party exclusives...I still can't believe they let Nintendo take Monster Hunter from them. Considering what that IP did for them in Japan.
Don't let MS take time exclusive or DLC deals on biggest 3rd party games like GTA, COD, etc. If they don't deliver, they are done imo. This time they won't be able to recover from slow start like it was case with PS3.
I am honestly not hyped for this event as I should be. Sony tends to be weird with these events.

sephi22

If you don't have a Kazified avatar already, you should not be allowed in the OT that gets posted.

Cmon people, I want to see pages upon pages of reactions from posters with Kaz avatars.

Sid

You know what,I'd actually like Ken to be there and come on stage for a while to talk about his history with the PS brand.

tajd

Banned
what to do

stay up late and watch stream and be tired all day

or watch next morning over ceral and find livestream without spoilers

either way im still screwed :(

Ahmed360

Guys, is it confirmed the event will start at 11pm GMT?

I live in GMT+4 time zone country, so I need to adjust and prepare myself ;)
Don't wanna miss it!

The market has changed a lot. We see with the WiiU and it's pathetic sales. Same with Vita.
One of the two (MS or Sony) will have the same fate with their next console. This is why sony needs to deliver and get from the start guns blazing. Don't be cheap, pay for 3rd party exclusives...I still can't believe they let Nintendo take Monster Hunter from them. Considering what that IP did for them in Japan.
Don't let MS take time exclusive or DLC deals on biggest 3rd party games like GTA, COD, etc. If they don't deliver, they are done imo. This time they won't be able to recover from slow start like it was case with PS3.
I am honestly not hyped for this event as I should be. Sony tends to be weird with these events.

Oh, come on, Vita suffering because hardcore handheld market is almost nonexistent today and phones / tablets gained momentum. 3DS is stronger, of course, but it's barely afloat outside of Japan. Wii U is seven years late to the party and new gimmick doesn't work because everyone who wants to play with tablet buys a real tablet. Both Wii U and Vita completely missed their opportunities to be something else.

Xbox and PS3 are still selling rather well worldwide and their successors will do the same. Their audience is huge and it doesn't really interfere with phone / tablet crowd. Also, considering that Xbox isn't especially relevant outside of US and UK, Sony's and Microsoft's next systems will get different parts of the pie and both will have their respective strongest regions with them.

Nextbox and PS4 have all chances to do just alright. But yeah, with big departure of the casuals to mobile platforms the overall size of the console market will reduce to some degree. And what will happen later is really interesting, but still unknown.

So what will be the best site to watch this event live? The actual Sony link in the OP? I can imagine the amount of traffic it's going to generate and the usual 404 timeouts on GAF.

It will be streamed HD somewhere else right?

Shikoro

Can someone, plz, Kazify mine?

How's this? :D
kazgafxkpqr.jpg

Moosichu

Thats the sony pride bs i was talking about. Seems like harrison and kutaragi were the biggest offenders. They are both gone now though.

Tretton seems to have calmed a bit is well. To be fair, YOSP's uber humbleness and down-to-earthiness is what makes me hope Sony won't botch PS4.

So what will be the best site to watch this event live? The actual Sony link in the OP? I can imagine the amount of traffic it's going to generate and the usual 404 timeouts on GAF.

The Playstation Blog should be fine but Gametrailers is good too and their live stream has held up great during E3 conferences too. Personally I'm going to be watching this at Gametrailers.

Gametrailers streams are usually solid. They are doing coverage from NY an hour before the conference starts so I'll be tuning in early.

Geoff, please ask Kaz what he thinks of the gifs in your interview. :p

GoldPunch

Banned
Guys, look at this;

PlayStation Meeting live stream on PlayStation Home

http://community.us.playstation.com...T-Coming-Feb-20th-2013/m-p/39558369#U39558369

I do have a special event though to announce coming to Home next Wednesday. As I'm sure many of you are aware, PlayStation has a very special event planned on 2/20 (Wed), and we are more than excited to share that it will be live streamed also into Home. If you're not able to join us in-world, it will be available via other channels including the PS Blog and these forums. So set your reminders, as the event starts at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Pacific wherever you might be watching from.

darkwing

Guys, look at this;

PlayStation Meeting live stream on PlayStation Home

http://community.us.playstation.com...T-Coming-Feb-20th-2013/m-p/39558369#U39558369

I do have a special event though to announce coming to Home next Wednesday. As I'm sure many of you are aware, PlayStation has a very special event planned on 2/20 (Wed), and we are more than excited to share that it will be live streamed also into Home. If you're not able to join us in-world, it will be available via other channels including the PS Blog and these forums. So set your reminders, as the event starts at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Pacific wherever you might be watching from.

I'll watch it @Home, crowd reaction will be amazing

MasLegio

Banned
would they save money if they removed all video out options but via HDMI?

hope they do if that is the case

If you do not have HDMI you need a new TV, not a PS4

I'll watch it @Home, crowd reaction will be amazing

you all should start up home this weekend to make sure you are updated.

then a few hours before the stream do the same

you do not want to be stuck updating home for hours while they are livestreaming

lefantome

Oh, come on, Vita suffering because hardcore handheld market is almost nonexistent today and phones / tablets gained momentum. 3DS is stronger, of course, but it's barely afloat outside of Japan. Wii U is seven years late to the party and new gimmick doesn't work because everyone who wants to play with tablet buys a real tablet. Both Wii U and Vita completely missed their opportunities to be something else.

Xbox and PS3 are still selling rather well worldwide and their successors will do the same. Their audience is huge and it doesn't really interfere with phone / tablet crowd. Also, considering that Xbox isn't especially relevant outside of US and UK, Sony's and Microsoft's next systems will get different parts of the pie and both will have their respective strongest regions with them.

Nextbox and PS4 have all chances to do just alright. But yeah, with big departure of the casuals to mobile platforms the overall size of the console market will reduce to some degree. And what will happen later is really interesting, but still unknown.

It will be a Cold War between Sony and MS with tons of exclusives and we will go to the moon

At least i hope so we need a goodsystem war, maybe with 3 next gen players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom