• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberia

This thread is glorious, one of the greatest things I've seen. It's been emotional. In about 30 hours, I will be seeing another great thing, mixed with several other great thanks. Then I'll see you all next week in what I imagine will be another glorious thread, filled with your amazement at great things.

Just remember, PS Meeting is a teaser. Whilst I'm sure you all will love what you see, don't think that's all there is to it.

Hmmm...

Strike

What's everyone's game plan for Weds. anyways? I'm going to try to hook up my laptop to my tv and maybe invite chums, not sure yet. I'm going to be glued to GAF as it is. :p
I'll still be working, so I'll be periodically browsing GAF on my phone for the first 30 min. Then I'm going straight home.

Nestunt

Assuming the PS4 reveal is a given

what is the next announcement or non announcement (or showing) that would make the hype levels get lower?

Pistolero

I haven't been so excited for a console reveal since the PSX unveiling. I thought that Sony's decision to go first was so-so, but it strikes me as really, really smart right now.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
What's everyone's game plan for Weds. anyways? I'm going to try to hook up my laptop to my tv and maybe invite chums, not sure yet. I'm going to be glued to GAF as it is. :p

I have presentations and reports lined up. But luckily all are before 20th. It will be around 3AM here when it starts. I will either seep early and wake up at 3 or I wont sleep at all until its all over. My plan is just to get lots of eatables, sit and enjoy the ride with GAF.

Class ends with just enough time before the presentation starts for me to scurry home and glue my eyeballs to the screen, and my rear end to a chair, so that I can absorb every moment of Kaz's majesty, from the ultimate tingly tension of the lights dimming, and the hush of the eager crowd, to the confused sea of antsy journalists grazing for knee-jerk reactions as the bland post-show music comes on to release us all from our trance.

Radec

8472040300_63be255449_o.png

plainr_

Hopefully no big leaks in the coming days. I want to be showered with next gen goodness all in one day on the 20th.

What is 3 more days, right?

h6C1lJY.gif

Ushae

Banned
Holy shit 3 days! Then the the next gen officially begins, studios can finally talk about their projects and MS wont stay quiet for long either.

HYPE!!!

luffeN

This thread is glorious, one of the greatest things I've seen. It's been emotional. In about 30 hours, I will be seeing another great thing, mixed with several other great things. Then I'll see you all next week in what I imagine will be another glorious thread, filled with your amazement at great things.

Just remember, PS Meeting is a teaser. Whilst I'm sure you all will love what you see, don't think that's all there is to it.

I think I will dub Orbis Yamcha. Maybe Durango can be Yajirobe.

The 30 hours thing could be Durango? Is MS showing something behind closed curtains?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Assuming the PS4 reveal is a given

what is the next announcement or non announcement (or showing) that would make the hype levels get lower?

Gaikai (PSTV): The complete back catalogue of PS games from PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3/Vita/PSMobile, streamable to ANY device that is connected to the internet. Your ID is locked to the new controller and NOT the console. That means you could take your controller anywhere you wanted and log in on ANY device to continue/play your latest favourite games. PSTV would be integrated into every Bravia TV too and any TV that bought the licensing agreement.

In fact I believe that IS the biggest announcement we will get on WED.

wizzbang

Banned
www.everytimezone.com

Drag the line to 6pm on New York to find all the times.

I'm guessing you're in Australia, so it would start on 10am on February 21 for you.

Here's a better link with more locations:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...aystation+Meeting+2013&iso=20130220T18&p1=179

Littletoaster, you'll always be a big toaster in my eyes
♥
EDIT: 10:00am Thurs is when I start work, awesome - I can either come in late or go in early and do it @ work.

Liamario

Banned
There is 3-4 days left and I think it's time we start getting the gifs going again. Not full on, but just to get the wheels turning.

This is NOT mine and I don't know if has been posted yet...

iV19aae0kDU9A.gif

Gaikai (PSTV): The complete back catalogue of PS games from PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3/Vita/PSMobile, streamable to ANY device that is connected to the internet.Your ID is locked to the new controller and NOT the console. PSTV would be integrated into every Bravia TV too and any TV that bought the licensing agreement.

In fact I believe that IS the biggest announcement we will get on WED.
My guess also.

Streaming a game GAIKAI style in a home network from PS4 to handheld over a Gigabit network or WiFi Direct or even just wifi will have much less latency than from a Gaikai server hundreds of miles from the IP server head end. Depending on the type of game, some can be Gaikai served from a remote server farm and some can't, those that can't be served from a remote Gakai server farm could be served locally in the home by a PS4.

Sony last week updated "Home" to 1.75 and moved personal data from the PS3 in the home to a "Home" server. This I believe is the first step in moving "Home" to a Gaikai server model. Instead of moving each Home area's assets to be locally generated in your PS3, they will be generated in a GAIKAI server and streamed as video to Smart TVs, Networked blu-ray players and handhelds. This, I think, is to be one of the announcements on the 20th.

The GAIKAI video streaming will be via HTML5 DASH. The PS3 and other Sony CE platforms should get a major firmware update to the browser to support this. Either a separate app or browser with W3C game controller standards will be used. The PS3 is overdue for a browser update.

Sony with the above will announce their new stores, apps, Home and revamped and expanded Playstation Network. Some of the PS4 features may be announced that support the above Gaikai game streaming in the home and other streaming services to handhelds and CE platforms.

With the same software stack for the above, RVU can be supported and it's supposed to be here NOW.

dlnapremiumvideo.png

Flip the above with the PS4 as the set top box supporting GAIKAI/playstation network/PSTV instead of the DVR cablebox. So two boxes in the home network supporting all these new features (PS4 & Cable DVR/RVU). Rumored for the Xbox 720 is it's one box that does it all (Cable DVR and server to handhelds).

stryke

There is 3-4 days left and I think it's time we start getting the gifs going again. Not full on, but just to get the wheels turning.

This is NOT mine and I don't know if has been posted yet...

iV19aae0kDU9A.gif

It has. I think it's safe to assume all kaz gifs have originated from Gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom