• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess also.

Streaming a game GAIKAI style in a home network from PS4 to handheld over a Gigabit network or WiFi Direct or even just wifi will have much less latency than from a Gaikai server hundreds of miles from the IP server head end. Depending on the type of game, some can be Gaikai served from a remote server farm and some can't, those that can't be served from a remote Gakai server farm could be served locally in the home by a PS4.

Sony last week updated "Home" to 1.75 and moved personal data from the PS3 in the home to a "Home" server. This I believe is the first step in moving "Home" to a Gaikai server model. Instead of moving each Home area's assets to be locally generated in your PS3, they will be generated in a GAIKAI server and streamed as video to Smart TVs, Networked blu-ray players and handhelds. This, I think, is to be one of the announcements on the 20th.

The GAIKAI video streaming will be via HTML5 DASH. The PS3 and other Sony CE platforms should get a major firmware update to the browser to support this. Either a separate app or browser with W3C game controller standards will be used. The PS3 is overdue for a browser update.

Sony with the above will announce their new stores, apps, Home and revamped and expanded Playstation Network. Some of the PS4 features may be announced that support the above Gaikai game streaming in the home and other streaming services to handhelds and CE platforms.

Imagine the meltdowns on gaf when Tim Cook appears on stage...

I hope it's 80% dedicated to the PS4 and its upcoming games, and 20% dedicated to new Vita game announcements.

Please announce Gravity Rush 2

I hope it's 80% dedicated to the PS4 and its upcoming games, and 20% dedicated to new Vita game announcements.

I think the only games shown will be PS4 games. If Vita is mentioned it will only be as part of the "playstation brand up until now" part, or maybe a price cut announcement.

There still seem to be a few people that don't think that this is about the PS4.

They seem in a state of denial.

How many times have these people said "But Kaz said they'd let their competitors go first".

Or the many times that the "What if it's not the Ps4, the meltdowns LOL", which seems like wishfull thinking.

It seems diehard anti-Sony fanboys doesn't want to acknowledge the possibility that maybe Sony's got their shit together.

There still seem to be a few people that don't think that this is about the PS4.

hey guys
i7LipmHlnOPJR.gif

Globox_82

Banned
well, now Mr Bloodworth and Rich Brown have leaked it anyway using the tag #GTLivePS4

surely they must know in advance?

do you really believe they know?! no they don't. Maybe Geoff knows but that's it. They just know it's PS4 because....it IS PS4 and even a biggest idiot can see it from a mile away. The videos sony is releasing, history with PS meetings....

They seem in a state of denial.

How many times have these people said "But Kaz said they'd let their competitors go first".

I think that quote may have been misunderstood from the start.

"Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

I think what he is actually talking about here is the Wii U. Not MS vs Sony.

winstano

do you really believe they know?! no they don't. Maybe Geoff knows but that's it. They just know it's PS4 because....it IS PS4 and even a biggest idiot can see it from a mile away. The videos sony is releasing, history with PS meetings....

I don't think anyone in the media actually knows anything more than we do. It *HAS* to be the PS4.

Nestunt

This thread is glorious, one of the greatest things I've seen. It's been emotional. In about 30 hours, I will be seeing another great thing, mixed with several other great things. Then I'll see you all next week in what I imagine will be another glorious thread, filled with your amazement at great things.

Just remember, PS Meeting is a teaser. Whilst I'm sure you all will love what you see, don't think that's all there is to it.

I think I will dub Orbis Yamcha. Maybe Durango can be Yajirobe.

Shenmue 3. For Shenmue fans that is.

whats the meaning of this?!

B.O.O.M

This thread is glorious, one of the greatest things I've seen. It's been emotional. In about 30 hours, I will be seeing another great thing, mixed with several other great things. Then I'll see you all next week in what I imagine will be another glorious thread, filled with your amazement at great things.

Just remember, PS Meeting is a teaser. Whilst I'm sure you all will love what you see, don't think that's all there is to it.

I think I will dub Orbis Yamcha. Maybe Durango can be Yajirobe.

Shenmue 3. For Shenmue fans that is.

Shenmue? No way 0_0 Nah I don't believe you. That would drive some people insane

I'd love for them to have a JRPG ready to go for launch or the first month.

In an ideal world they'd have Gran Turismo (for the EU), God of War/Uncharted/Killzone 4 (for the US) and a JRPG for Japan quite close to launch. With the rumored EU release later than the other territories they have more time to put together a solid racer or a game that can be heavily bundled.

Whatever they end up doing, they need to position their games out evenly. We don't want any clusters of months with bugger all games in them.

Derrick01

Banned

I'm hoping for 100% to 0% PS4/Vita. They can have another event for Vita, there's no reason why they couldn't. Just don't blow the momentum and excitement they've built by talking about a platform that very few care about right now. I'm a Vita owner and I don't even care right now, I just want PS4 stuff.

I'm hoping for 100% to 0% PS4/Vita. They can have another event for Vita, there's no reason why they couldn't. Just don't blow the momentum and excitement they've built by talking about a platform that very few care about right now. I'm a Vita owner and I don't even care right now, I just want PS4 stuff.

Destination Playstation also takes place in February, I'd rather they talk about the Vita and upcoming releases there and not focus much time at all on it during the Playstation meeting.

iceatcs

You don't need to have 'hate inside' of you just because you want this to turn out to be nothing

The internet meltdown would be hilarious hahah

Of course it can be hilarious to see whacking crazy comments, but I can see some will be fake, like act fanboy or repeat joke (Square just shot themselves in the foot etc). I want true meltdown, like out of the blue and no-one know about it before.
Fair enough if you still looking forward PS4, but have patience for little longer if not in the show because it won't going away.
I still believe we will heard more PS4 on E3 rather than this show. I think will see less detail on this show. That's my exception.

Hey guys, I'm compiling the OT for the Playstation Meeting now. I'm putting together some of the best Kaz Gifs from the thread... (To do them all would break GAF). I've already gotten Demonite and The Chef's Gifs, and the Shining Gif... but im trying to get more. So i was looking for some assistance:

- One thing is im going to make sure that if it makes it into the OP that it is quoting the original poster. Credit where credit is due...

-If there are a bunch by the same poster, I'm thinking of including like 2 max (though i may make an exception for Demonite :p)

-Should i include the small (by comparison to the long movie scene gifs) reaction Gifs that were made? Or keep them epic?

Sorta disjointed, but any help would be appreciated

Oh! and Thread title is yet undecided. Let's hear them!

DBT85

Hey guys, I'm compiling the OT for the Playstation Meeting now. I'm putting together some of the best Kaz Gifs from the thread... (To do them all would break GAF). I've already gotten Demonite and The Chef's Gifs, but im trying to get more. So i was looking for some assistance:

- One thing is im going to make sure that if it makes it into the OP that it is quoting the original poster. Credit where credit is due...

-If there are a bunch by the same poster, I'm thinking of including like 2 max (though i may make an exception for Demonite :p)

-Should i include the small (by comparison to the long movie scene gifs) reaction Gifs that were made? Or keep them epic?

I would say only the truly epic ones. As good as they all are the OP should show only the greatest works.

I'd also love a "no gifs in the rest of the thread until after the conference is over" rule!

I wan't to discuss and talk about the news, not just see gif after gif after gif of reactions and it's happening.

I do not expect to get this wish lol.

agm2502

What would be great is if they updated the PS3 to include GaiKai technology and release it on the 20th with a demo for a PS4 game.

aganu

Just make sure not to cram too many GIFs into the OT. Make it rather informative, accessible and well updated. Banner needs to be awesome.

Mung

Hey guys, I'm compiling the OT for the Playstation Meeting now. I'm putting together some of the best Kaz Gifs from the thread... (To do them all would break GAF). I've already gotten Demonite and The Chef's Gifs, and the Shining Gif... but im trying to get more. So i was looking for some assistance:

#Playstation2013 OT

i was hoping for a playstation retrospective (Not like the ps3 one http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513070)leading up to the ps4.

and just give us a section for the event information and a section for what's shown or announced during the event. because let's be honest. the gif will be coming int from everyone else.

With the realeasing of the Playstation Evolution videos in the past couple of days, there's no way they won't be announcing the PS4 on the 20th

Leave out the gifs. Post a compilation in here, let the true epicness of the Kaz movement stay in this amazing thread

I remember seeing a suggested thread title in this thread to do with the following tweet:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/297388298370957312

I think that would be boss.

misterF

Neo Member
Playstation Meeting OT : Jump out cuz yoga ain't gaming, yay another Mario game

Playstation Meeting OT : 444, 4 control methods 4 hdmi ports 4 dimensions gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom