• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With how much they're hyping this in US and other English-speaking areas, do you think the Playstation Meeting will be in English, or will it be Japanese like the Vita Playstation Meeting? I know the Vita one was translated, but that was still terrible lol.
there's no way it isn't english.

Man I hope its long and they don't half ass it.

Nah it should be relatively short so it leaves people wanting more. One good way to do this is when they show the traditional montage or whatever show some really cool bits of some games but don't talk about them AT ALL. I remember when I saw Gravity Rush on the vita reel I was like ''What game is THAT!?''. Then slowly start to give info on the games you didn't focus on the event leading up to E3 where you blow people away with bunch of new unannounced games.

Show 2 first party games that you are confident in-depht developer real time gameplay/commentary and all that cool stuff. Stuff that isn't quite ready you put on the reel for a nice tease :). Third parties handle the rest.

Shayan

Banned
I have a very strong feeling that both Motorstorm and KZ will see a complete revamp of gameplay style with more intensity next gen

I expect both these series to become monstrous franchises next gen in terms of sales as well as quality

Globox_82

Banned
Nah it should be relatively short so it leaves people wanting more. One good way to do this is when they show the traditional montage or whatever show some really cool bits of some games but don't talk about them AT ALL. I remember when I saw Gravity Rush on the vita reel I was like ''What game is THAT!?''. Then slowly start to give info on the games you didn't focus on the event leading up to E3 where you blow people away with bunch of new unannounced games.

Show 2 first party games that you are confident in-depht developer real time gameplay/commentary and all that cool stuff. Stuff that isn't quite ready you put on the reel for a nice tease :). Third parties handle the rest.

Nah this is the time to impress gaming world, not leave them wanting more aka go meh. Blow people away now so that they cant shut up for months and to take away hype from ms as much as possible

BHK3

Banned
There is a community contest being held on 99designs where people are being asked to design a logo for the PS4.

https://99designs.ca/logo-design/co...ceives-196555?filter=allactive&sorting=rating

20638118~f24241c325db54bd21fc5eb13f4ac68b6f87e053-original

This one is REALLY nice

lunlunqq

I have a friend who asked me if I wanted to go to this event because he could get an invitation for me... But it's on a Wednesday and I have two classes on that day... How painful it is to know that I have to miss the opportunity to experience a historical moment. FML. :'(

LuuKyK

This one is REALLY nice

It looks good but I think people would be confused about it. I mean the ones that are not following these announcments. You really need to know Playstation to know that those are a P and an S. And even then, it would be hard. imo of course.

I have a friend who asked me if I wanted to go to this event because he could get an invitation for me... But it's on a Wednesday and I have two classes on that day... How painful it is to know that I have to miss the opportunity to experience a historical moment. FML. :'(

You have classes every day. Do you have PS4 announcements live every day? Every year? :p
Am I making it harder? :p

What are you doin in those two classes, cause if there aren't tests, then why the hell not?!!!

beast786

your priorities are messed up bro. You go to classes every day few times. THIS THIS THIS HAPPENS ONCE A 7-10 YEARS.

WAKE UP SON, Pull that sick card.

darkwing

what? How often are hardware reveals vs classes

Usually notes are online if it's a lecture class, that's how it is with my college, love them

Skip class and gooooooooooo

Dat kaz needs you to witness

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What's everyone's game plan for Weds. anyways? I'm going to try to hook up my laptop to my tv and maybe invite chums, not sure yet. I'm going to be glued to GAF as it is. :p

Mikey Jr.

Fuck yo' classes.

kuroshiki

BS until proven otherwise.

Ainaurdur

The problem is... I'm the one who's teaching those two classes...

We need to come up with a good excuse for your dean, and then you can assign extra homework to cover the cancelled classes!

What's everyone's game plan for Weds. anyways? I'm going to try to hook up my laptop to my tv and maybe invite chums, not sure yet. I'm going to be glued to GAF as it is. :p

I will be hanging out with a friend that afternoon, I already warned him as soon 5:50 or so rolls around, I am occupied. Probably end up watching the stream alone, and no GAF until later in the evening.
Bad part is I have a business meeting I must go to at 7pm, whether the PSmeeting is over yet or not. So if they reveal anything huge at the end, I will have to see it after the recorded video goes up.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bad part is I have a business meeting I must go to at 7pm, whether the PSmeeting is over yet or not. So if they reveal anything huge at the end, I will have to see it after the recorded video goes up.

What the

Where's everyone's priorities for crying out loud! Jeez!

lunlunqq

Pretty sure most students would be happy if I cancel the classes. But lying about the reason for cancellation is a huge problem and could cost me my job, if caught... Just got tenured last semester... cannot risk it. :'(

Mikey Jr.

By sheer coincidence, i have tues, wed, thurs, off.
Tuesday: prepare my body. Read up on all things playstation. Be absorbed.
Wednesday: megaton day. Be swept over by the beauty.
Thursday: go on gaf and be part of the fallout/discussion.

Seems perfect to me.

As for what im gonna do megaton day? Probably put buy a nice big bag of sunchips, an ice cold coke, and watch it on my plasma. Seems like the best choice

Ainaurdur

Pretty sure most students would be happy if I cancel the classes. But lying about the reason for cancellation is a huge problem and could cost me my job, if caught... Just got tenured last semester... cannot risk it. :'(

What subject area do you teach? Mass Comm, Journalism, Sociology, History? Any way to integrate watching the stream with your students?

jono95

The timing has worked out PERFECTLY for me. Thursday is my only day off, and where I am it airs at 9:30 that morning.
Hell. Yes.

rdrr gnr

I only teach two days a week... and it just has to be on one of my teaching days... Fate is not kind to me... :(
Yeah. Way too much to risk. Sure your department head isn't a huge PS fanboy?
What subject area do you teach? Mass Comm, Journalism, Sociology, History? Any way to integrate watching the stream with your students?
He has TICKETS to the event. I don't think the stream is a problem for anyone these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom