• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chef

i5cSAvKPyh5Sw.gif

Outstanding.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone in New York seen any signage of the event yet? Just outside Manhattan Center on W 34th Street isn't that good for signage but there are a lot of crossings nearby and Penn Station could probably house a billboard of some kind.

I loved the idea of Stephen Totilo in the latest bonus round about letting PS3 owners download a gaikai app and play PS4 demos after the press conference

I do not own one

but thats ballsy

It would be crazy, but also really dumb because suddenly people would question the need to shell out 400 bucks on hardware for a PS4 if they can already play PS4 demos streamed to their PS3....

Globox_82

Banned
Finnish composer Pulkkinen working on 'unannounced PS4 game'
Composer Ari Pulkkinen, known for his work with Finnish developers Housemarque, Rovio and Frozenbyte, is providing the soundtrack and sound design for an "unannounced PS4 game," according to his LinkedIn profile. Under his 'Experience' tab, Pulkkinen says he's also providing soundtracks for an iPad game and PSN game, both also unannounced.

While Pulkkinen's experience is diverse - he's composed soundtracks for several entries in the Angry Birds and Trine series - the majority of his PlayStation-based work has been for Housemarque. Pulkinnen provided the soundtracks for Super Stardust HD, Outland, Dead Nation, and Super Stardust Delta.

Earlier this month, Housemarque responded to a leak of concept art that included Dead Nation 2, as well as tie-ins to Superman and Walking Dead games. In an official statement, the studio said, "As for the artworks on display, they belong to a discarded batch and are not representative of projects we might or might not be working on."

Housemarque CEO Ilari Kuittinen then elaborated, "Playing around with concepts and settings is standard practice among most developers, and as veterans of the industry will be able to confirm, by the end of the process only a few of them turn into real products."

However, Kuittinen went on to say that "no Housemarque title has been cancelled in years," and that the studio has been "silently working on three unannounced projects" since the beginning of last year.

It's tricky to tie all these threads together, but given Pulkkinen's near-exclusive experience with Finnish developers, it seems likely all three of his projects in progress are for studios he's worked with before. Beyond that it's very speculative, although it's certainly possible his PSN project is Dead Nation 2. In terms of his PS4 project, another outside bet is Alan Wake developer Remedy Entertainment. While he's not provided original soundtracks for the Finnish studio, Pulkkinen has worked with Remedy before. In addition, Remedy stated last year it's working on a "next-generation project." Again, it's highly speculative, but with Sony expected to reveal the PS3's successor later this week, we could learn more about Pulkkinen's next-gen project in the very near future.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/18/finnish-composer-pulkkinen-working-on-unannounced-ps4-game/

A friend that works in a game store came to me today and said that he's had four people trade in PS3s today. He asked if there is something going on that he doesn't know about.

It's probably a coincidence. But I wonder if the public think that the PS4 is coming out soon? :/

Sid

The show starts->Room goes dark->Sony shows a mind blowing Killzone 4 GAMEPLAY clip before saying a single word->Everyone thinks "LOL CG!" ->Demo pauses->Lights go back up->Kaz comes on stage with the PS4 controller in his hands and resumes the demo.

Would be epic.

redfirm

Banned
The show starts->Room goes dark->Sony shows a mind blowing Killzone 4 GAMEPLAY clip before saying a single word->Everyone thinks "LOL CG!" ->Demo pauses->Kaz comes on stage with the PS4 controller in his hands and resumes the demo.

Would be epic.

OMG.png

Hofmann

I want to see The City of Metronome digged out from the depths of development hell. With TLG it would be enough reason for me to buy PS4.

Mifune

Mehmber
I really didn't think there was any chance The Last Guardian was going to PS4 but that seems to be what people are saying. That's one ballsy move.

A friend that works in a game store came to me today and said that he's had four people trade in PS3s today. He asked if there is something going on that he doesn't know about.

It's probably a coincidence. But I wonder if the public think that the PS4 is coming out soon? :/

Maybe they're expecting a PS3 pricecut

What if wednesday all that happens is Kaz comes out on stage wearing a all white linen suit and a pair of beef and broc timbs, and then simply says "PS4, COMING SOON!" and walks away?

The crowd goes into a frenzy and the banter of crowd chattering takes over the stream and suddenly you hear a loud crash and then from the roof descends a mammoth screen and you see a game unpause. The game is.......

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGGGGEEEE RACEEEEEEEEEEEEERRR!!

for ps vita.

spats

The show starts->Room goes dark->Sony shows a mind blowing Killzone 4 GAMEPLAY clip before saying a single word->Everyone thinks "LOL CG!" ->Demo pauses->Kaz comes on stage with the PS4 controller in his hands and resumes the demo.

Would be epic.

Turns out the Kaz is just a holographic projection and the real person playing is Ken Kutaragi, who ascends to the stage from a trap door located in the middle of the stage. He reveals that Cellius has been a front for a multi-billion dollar microchip development company working on CELL2, the most powerful supercomputing chip known to man. The reason it's been kept a secred is that they've had to keep all the hardware linked to development completely off the grid because they're afraid that the CPU's will gain true AI and start sabotaging the entire internet. The PS4 will actually be powered by 4 CELL2 processors. All the leaked specs have been spoon-fed to us by Sony in hopes of keeping everything under wraps until the real announcement.

Guys I hate to be a buzzkill, I'm as hyped as anyone else...but I think we should keep our expectations for 'gorgeous generational leap graphics' in check. because if last gen was anything to go by, the real showcases don't come around until about at least a year after the console releases. so i don't really expect launch titles to be super amazing visually, but no doubt down the line we'll get great stuff.
This time it´s different for the following reasons:

1- Sony´s first party is accustomed to HD development, and they have been working on it for a while.
2- The Orbis is easier to develop for then the PS3.

Sid

Turns out the Kaz is just a holographic projection and the real person playing is Ken Kutaragi, who ascends to the stage from a trap door located in the middle of the stage. He reveals that Cellius has been a front for a multi-billion dollar microchip development company working on CELL2, the most powerful supercomputing chip known to man. The reason it's been kept a secred is that they've had to keep all the hardware linked to development completely off the grid because they're afraid that the CPU's will gain true AI and start sabotaging the entire internet. The PS4 will actually be powered by 4 CELL2 processors. All the leaked specs have been spoon-fed to us by Sony in hopes of keeping everything under wraps until the real announcement.
Then we finally get the PS4 demo for the Ps3 via Gaikai.

I really, really hope they show off the actual console itself. Part of me thinks they won't because they either don't have one to show off or they are going to leave it for E3 to create interest and curiosity.

They really need to show it, though. It would suck to have an event that Sony themselves are hyping through the roof be incomplete with no actual, physical PS4 present.

I doubt Kaz will ever pop on stage. House will be giving the keynote most likely.

I think Kaz will be there for sure. He'll probably announce the PS4 and show it off for the first time (if it is there) and talk about the importance of SCE to the entire corporation and then bring House on stage to handle the rest (software, features, overview).

onQ123

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/the-last-guardian-headed-to-playstation-4#.USJ7Sx04uSp

"According to a very reliable source from Japan, Team Ico’s The Last Guardian will now be a Playstation 4 title. Details are sketchy at the moment and we don’t know whether or not it will be announced at Sony’s Playstation 4 event or at this years E3.

From what we’ve learned so far, Sony is looking to make a huge impression with the Playstation 4. The Last Guardian has been in limbo since 3 of Team Ico’s producers, Kenji Kaido, Fumito Ueda and Yoshifusa Hayama, departed from Sony within the last year and a half. There’s been much speculation as to whether this game would ever be released, but Sony has reiterated many times that it’s still in development.

Recently, many analysts have suggested that it might be headed to Sony’s next generation platform instead of the already successful Playstation 3. Here’s to hoping that it’s a launch launch title."

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom