• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono95

Kazified.

WVIBgPa.png
yNQWECV.png

Hahahahaha holy shit that's amazing. Thanks!

dcpc10

Neo Member
So much vaporware. Such a shame.

Agent
Getaway 3
Eight Days
2 days to Vegas

and probably a lot more that i forgot...
There was a long period of time where L.A. Noire was a part of that list, then the lid was lifted. That game had quite the development history.

Lets hope some of these projects (particularly Agent) are still in development. That game was never cancelled, was most likely scrapped and restarted though if you look at the few images available.

Eight Days looked incredible, its a shame that game was scrapped.

yurinka

I feel that we're overhyping with all the rumors and asking too much. I see they delivering the glory and we getting upset just because they didn't release some minor thing we dreamed of but isn't possible as of now (like Last Guardian PS4, PS4 games in Vita, etc).

tomorrow is dedicated to HOME yall
Possibly PS+ related?
Maybe it's dedicated to PSN. With portions dedicated to trophies, Home, PS+, Minis, PS+, PSOne/PS2 classics etc

Possibly PS+ related?

Was mentioned in the PS3 video.

If it's anything, it will be teasers for PS4. Or the Playstation brand as whole with slight hints at what's to come on Wednesday.

I feel that we're overhyping with all the rumors and asking too much. I see they delivering the glory and we getting upset just because they didn't release some minor thing we dreamed of but isn't possible as of now (like Last Guardian PS4, PS4 games in Vita, etc).

This will be half of GAF.

The other more sensible half will (assuming Sony puts on a good show) will be pleased.

Violater

Last Guardian = MGS5

When Sony wants to make an announcement, they need only post a message to their Twitter feed, Facebook page, or their own blog. But why drip that information when they can make a splash? With that in mind, Sony will be having an event. For 1200 attendees.

Twelve hundred people for an announcement is quite a spectacular number, especially considering that the majority of my New York-based press events have taken place in a small conference room at a PR company’s office (and let’s not forget any number of tiny warehouses and galleries).

But it’s a concerning number for one important reason: Liveblogging. No one could tell me the capacity of the network at the location. But with 1200 people—many of them journalists—trying to post the news as it happens, I fear an overloaded network and sad, sad load times.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpi...ple-expected-at-sonys-playstation-2013-event/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This will be half of GAF.

The other more sensible half will (assuming Sony puts on a good show) will be pleased.

My expectations are very high but I think what I'm expecting to be shown is reasonable. It's just about how impressive those things I expect wind up being. The game that gets shown that'll wow everyone will likely not be something we know about, but something new entirely. Something that won't have expectations on its shoulders and starts from scratch on next gen hardware to really blow us away.

Is anyone else kind of sad that all this excitement and hype will be gone in less than 48hrs?

I know we'll all be talking about the new console, the games announced and maybe even the release date - and that's awesome, don't get me wrong.

But I'm really loving this crazy atmosphere on GAF right now, the excitement in this thread alone is infectious.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to think they are going to show more than people are saying. Why invite 1,200 press and basically tell them "here is a system, now come back at e3?" They gotta be showing something big.

Loudninja

Is anyone else kind of sad that all this excitement and hype will be gone in less than 48hrs?

I know we'll all be talking about the new console, the games announced and maybe even the release date - and that's awesome, don't get me wrong.

But I'm really loving this crazy atmosphere on GAF right now, the excitement in this thread alone is infectious.
Gone?

This is just the beginning!

1200 people? The fuuuuuuck? Is it just me or is that a lot of people.

You don't book the Manhattan Center unless you're planning to invite a lot of people.
You don't invite that many people unless you are feeling confident that they'll provide you with lots and lots of positive coverage, and not lots and lots of lukewarm/negative coverage...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Holy shieeeeeeeet. 1200 peoples. All my hype will be deflated however if we learn of always online drms. I will be very angry.

Sony needs a comeback. I can tastes it. With MS seemingly screwing up on the hardcore front this is the time for Sony to strike.

It'll only be gone if Sony botches the event. The hype is going to increase quite a bit if they manage to nail it.

Gone?

This is just the beginning!

You know what I mean though, the build up to a surprise is always greater than the payoff. Because no matter how good something material is, it's never as incredible as the fiction people pre-create. Like a kid at christmas... or something.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It'll only be gone if Sony botches the event. The hype is going to increase quite a bit if they manage to nail it.

This one event could literally decide the fate of Sony. Not just the gaming division, but the entire company. It's going to be fascinating to watch from that standpoint, no matter how it turns out.

jiggle

gaf fun starts after the event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom